THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:59:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 129   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 711862 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 25-Mar-15, 04:04:16 PM »

We just had a rather strange bowing session.  Dot was doing some deep bows and coming up almost like he was feeding Beauty something.  I know he wasn't, but that's what it looked like. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 25-Mar-15, 04:39:54 PM »

We just had a rather strange bowing session.  Dot was doing some deep bows and coming up almost like he was feeding Beauty something.  I know he wasn't, but that's what it looked like. 

Almost like "Here, have some pebbles, dear.  It'll help."

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 25-Mar-15, 05:58:55 PM »

Do you think she is "getting ready"? Now's that time when I love to see the stats re egg-laying dates. Ei?? I think you are the Keeper of the Keys...

2010         2011              2012                    2013         2014
8-Apr      1-Apr          29-Mar (Unity)     16-Apr   08-Apr
10-Apr     9-Apr        16-May                     18-Apr   11-Apr
13-Apr     11-Apr        19-May                    21-Apr   13-Apr
15-Apr   (no hatch)                                  23-Apr   15-Apr

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 25-Mar-15, 08:18:00 PM »

Seriously, will one of the experts please explain to me what was going on here? I really want to know. Did anyone else see that bowing session?

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 26-Mar-15, 04:16:16 AM »

Do you think she is "getting ready"? Now's that time when I love to see the stats re egg-laying dates. Ei?? I think you are the Keeper of the Keys...

2010         2011              2012                    2013         2014
8-Apr      1-Apr          29-Mar (Unity)     16-Apr   08-Apr
10-Apr     9-Apr        16-May                     18-Apr   11-Apr
13-Apr     11-Apr        19-May                    21-Apr   13-Apr
15-Apr   (no hatch)                                  23-Apr   15-Apr

Thanks, Ei!  wave
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 26-Mar-15, 07:03:59 AM »

Dot.ca visits the nest box early.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 26-Mar-15, 07:05:22 AM »

DC on deck, before he went into nest as per Carol's pic!  wave

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 26-Mar-15, 08:16:41 AM »

Seriously, will one of the experts please explain to me what was going on here? I really want to know. Did anyone else see that bowing session?

Okay, why is no one talking to me? Can you not see my posts or am I just being ignored?

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: 26-Mar-15, 08:36:59 AM »

Okay, why is no one talking to me? Can you not see my posts or am I just being ignored?

Maybe there aren't any falcon behavior experts here.

I wish I had seen the bowing session. I might have been able to zoom the camera.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 26-Mar-15, 08:54:42 AM »

They are kissing!!  Kiss  Beaking!!! They have done this before!!  (I guess)

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 26-Mar-15, 08:55:58 AM »

I swear I posted before I left for work this morning. I didn't see it but they seem to be beaking. Usually parent & eyas, but I've seen it in adults too.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 26-Mar-15, 09:00:59 AM »

Maybe there aren't any falcon behavior experts here.

I wish I had seen the bowing session. I might have been able to zoom the camera.

Curious indeed! We are always learning! Someone may come up with something...
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 26-Mar-15, 09:03:17 AM »

I swear I posted before I left for work this morning. I didn't see it but they seem to be beaking. Usually parent & eyas, but I've seen it in adults too.

Description of "beaking"? So interesting.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 26-Mar-15, 09:04:56 AM »

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 26-Mar-15, 09:09:55 AM »

Description of "beaking"? So interesting.

Thanks for the answers!  Sounds about right.  I had just never seen that before.  It very much resembled a parent-eyas situation, like he was feeding her pebbles.  He would go way down deep into the scrape as if to pick something up in his beak, then come up and twist his neck so his beak was under her beak.  He did this about three times in quick succession.  I'll be curious to see if he does it again.  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 129   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: