THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 03:29:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cathedral of Learning, Pittsburgh 2015  (Read 90141 times)
DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 24-May-15, 07:42:33 PM »

Dorothy and E2 just fed the chick, on it's back.  Dorothy is now trying to flip it over, like she did yesterday.  The chick seems to be breathing okay and just wants to sleep (food coma).

I'm a bit out of the loop on this how this whole thing came about as I've not been watching regularly but every time I do the chick looks fine to me.  It's been fed, brooded - extensively so by an over protective mom, and is growing. 

Solo chicks as we know are always tough to watch, they don't have a sibling to lean on so they fall over alot especially when they're being stuffed silly and they've got those big feet to contend with.  Having watced Dorothy in years past, she's never been the type to use up energy caring for a chick that isn't well so I'm going to follow her cues and figure since she is caring for it with all her might - in her falcon mind, this chick is viable. 

This above post by Kate was after all the concerns the day s(he) was on his back so long.  People started saying it was frail looking, walked on its elbows, can't sit up straight, etc.  I think it looks fine to me but Kate hasn't been optimistic since it was hatched plus she never thought Dorothy would lay eggs or hatch any..it was just a follow up to posted concerns.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24-May-15, 07:46:17 PM »

Dorothy and E2 just fed the chick, on it's back.  Dorothy is now trying to flip it over, like she did yesterday.  The chick seems to be breathing okay and just wants to sleep (food coma).

I'm a bit out of the loop on this how this whole thing came about as I've not been watching regularly but every time I do the chick looks fine to me.  It's been fed, brooded - extensively so by an over protective mom, and is growing. 

Solo chicks as we know are always tough to watch, they don't have a sibling to lean on so they fall over alot especially when they're being stuffed silly and they've got those big feet to contend with.  Having watced Dorothy in years past, she's never been the type to use up energy caring for a chick that isn't well so I'm going to follow her cues and figure since she is caring for it with all her might - in her falcon mind, this chick is viable. 

This above post by Kate was after all the concerns the day s(he) was on his back so long.  People started saying it was frail looking, walked on its elbows, can't sit up straight, etc.  I think it looks fine to me but Kate hasn't been optimistic since it was hatched plus she never thought Dorothy would lay eggs or hatch any..it was just a follow up to posted concerns.

I've been watching..just barely moving its toes and still on its back. Sad

DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 24-May-15, 08:11:15 PM »

It's hard to watch, but I'm still pulling for the little one.  Cry
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 24-May-15, 08:16:53 PM »

Dorothy knows something is wrong...
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 24-May-15, 08:32:17 PM »

Oh no, I thought he was okay....gees   She's not helping by trying to brood him either. 
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 24-May-15, 08:34:32 PM »

Oh no, I thought he was okay....gees

I did too, Carly.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 24-May-15, 08:36:13 PM »

Sad  Well I feel bad now, I thought his being on his back a few times was like here, just brief and didn't seem to cause any lasting harm.  Didn't realize E2 fed him on his back tonight, I somehow don't think this is normal but then again what do I know. 
« Last Edit: 24-May-15, 09:11:22 PM by carly » Logged
imkakkingmad1
Eyas

Like Count: 15

aka Helen P.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 25-May-15, 07:16:16 AM »

Watching Dorothy right now. Baby is on its back and is trying to defend itself from mama. Doesn't look good.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 25-May-15, 06:54:44 PM »

Dorothy flipped the baby over finally.  She grabbed it's lwing and dragged it and gave it a toss and it flipped over.  I just hope it's not too late.

I don't care what anyone says, she must think this chick is somehow viable otherwise she'd have given up and let it die.  I wish they'd at least examine it before they pronounced it 'abnormal'.  

Oh and she doesn't look old, she looks fantastic!!  

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 25-May-15, 07:02:46 PM »

One of it's leg's isn't right though, maybe all that kicking and pulling hurt it.  He tried to stand but can't seem to put pressure on the left leg.  It's out to the side now.  Okay he's pulled it in, he pooped which is good and now will hopefully sleep for a few hours.  Dorothy is much more relaxed now and on the perch looking proud of herself.
« Last Edit: 25-May-15, 07:21:22 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 25-May-15, 07:24:29 PM »

One of it's leg's isn't right though, maybe all that kicking and pulling hurt it.  He tried to stand but can't seem to put pressure on the left leg.  It's out to the side now.  Okay he's pulled it in, he pooped which is good and now will hopefully sleep for a few hours.  Dorothy is much more relaxed now and on the perch looking proud of herself.

I'm so happy that it's upright again!  I hope its leg is OK..it was before, I think.  Maybe just a good night's rest will help.  Yay for Dorothy! 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 25-May-15, 07:49:22 PM »

Was standing pretty good but I'm sure he/she is exhausted. Banding is this week. I pray for good news!

She's staying close   heart heart heart heart heart heart

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 25-May-15, 08:06:59 PM »

yahoo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 26-May-15, 07:27:51 AM »

http://youtu.be/SquBHv1EQsw

Dorothy flips the eyas!  heart  Posted by Kate

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 26-May-15, 10:31:32 AM »

Baby has been on its back a few times today but has managed to right itself..until now.  Sad   Hoping it can do it again.  I wish they would come check it out soon..banding is supposed to be this week.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: