THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 10:18:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cathedral of Learning, Pittsburgh 2015  (Read 90145 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 16-May-15, 07:15:24 AM »

http://www.wqed.org/birdblog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Peregrine-falcon-Coloring-Information-Klingler.pdf

If you like to color, Dorothy has her own page to d/l and color yourself!!   Cheesy

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 16-May-15, 09:09:42 AM »

http://www.wqed.org/birdblog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Peregrine-falcon-Coloring-Information-Klingler.pdf

If you like to color, Dorothy has her own page to d/l and color yourself!!   Cheesy

What a cool thing for kids..great info for them too!

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-May-15, 09:38:35 AM »

I'm so glad Dorothy got an eyas this year!  clap

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 16-May-15, 09:53:14 AM »

Now where did I put my crayons?
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16-May-15, 11:23:02 AM »

If you like to color, Dorothy has her own page to d/l and color yourself!!   Cheesy

Shaky     hysterical rofl 2funny
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16-May-15, 11:27:03 AM »

Right next to your beer bottle and book you are still working on!  whistle

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 16-May-15, 04:27:36 PM »

Right next to your beer bottle and book you are still working on!  whistle

I can't find them either.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 24-May-15, 01:06:41 PM »

Seems there is concern for the little one:

Kate StJohn The chick's behavior does not look normal to me so I imagine it doesn't look normal to them. The chick will get a health check on Banding Day. Nothing to be done (by humans) until then.

Kate StJohn Note that Dorothy and E2 are very experienced parents & will do what is right for peregrines. Their offspring must become strong precision flyers & hunters to survive in the wild. They will teach this chick to do that if he/she is able.

Kate StJohn As I have said many times, Dorothy is 16 years old and her chances of producing a healthy chick are low. This chick might have a birth defect. We will not know until Banding Day

Kate StJohn Consider this: 2 years ago one of Dorothy's 2 chicks had a birth defect -- seizures -- and died within a week of hatch. The other one grew up and fledged.
It is possible that this chick has a birth defect that has taken longer to show up than for the chick in 2013 -- but that is mere speculation on my part. The chick will be examined and receive humans' medical attention on Banding Day

in my opinion the problem is with the chick, not with Dorothy. D is doing her best & is protecting the chick.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 24-May-15, 01:46:13 PM »

I'm a bit out of the loop on this how this whole thing came about as I've not been watching regularly but every time I do the chick looks fine to me.  It's been fed, brooded - extensively so by an over protective mom, and is growing. 

Solo chicks as we know are always tough to watch, they don't have a sibling to lean on so they fall over alot especially when they're being stuffed silly and they've got those big feet to contend with.  Having watced Dorothy in years past, she's never been the type to use up energy caring for a chick that isn't well so I'm going to follow her cues and figure since she is caring for it with all her might - in her falcon mind, this chick is viable. 
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 24-May-15, 05:27:11 PM »

I'm a bit out of the loop on this how this whole thing came about as I've not been watching regularly but every time I do the chick looks fine to me.  It's been fed, brooded - extensively so by an over protective mom, and is growing. 

Solo chicks as we know are always tough to watch, they don't have a sibling to lean on so they fall over alot especially when they're being stuffed silly and they've got those big feet to contend with.  Having watced Dorothy in years past, she's never been the type to use up energy caring for a chick that isn't well so I'm going to follow her cues and figure since she is caring for it with all her might - in her falcon mind, this chick is viable. 

This above post by Kate was after all the concerns the day s(he) was on his back so long.  People started saying it was frail looking, walked on its elbows, can't sit up straight, etc.  I think it looks fine to me but Kate hasn't been optimistic since it was hatched plus she never thought Dorothy would lay eggs or hatch any..it was just a follow up to posted concerns.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 24-May-15, 06:58:59 PM »

I"m going to say it's a family thing - first our baby here, then Dorothy's and lest we not forget the Queen of laying on her back 'Miss Tesh'  laugh

But seriously, Dorothy is determined to stuff this chick silly - may I present Exhibit A (photo by Catwoman):

I'd be on my back too  laugh
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 24-May-15, 07:06:33 PM »

This little one looks like it has blue feet!  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 24-May-15, 07:23:45 PM »

I noticed that a few days ago.  happy

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 24-May-15, 07:25:21 PM »

I"m going to say it's a family thing - first our baby here, then Dorothy's and lest we not forget the Queen of laying on her back 'Miss Tesh'  laugh

But seriously, Dorothy is determined to stuff this chick silly - may I present Exhibit A (photo by Catwoman):

I'd be on my back too  laugh

spit

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 24-May-15, 07:30:45 PM »

I noticed that a few days ago.  happy

No wonder we have so many here...it's on both sides of the family!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: