THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:03:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty: The most photographed Peregrine  (Read 11106 times)
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17-Apr-15, 07:42:57 PM »

"Beauty is Dorothy’s most photographed offspring."

It’s true that Beauty is Dorothy’s most photographed offspring. In fact, she’s the world’s most photographed Peregrine falcon, and quite possibly the world’s most photographed bird. Maybe even the most photographed living thing.

Wow, who knew? Congrats to our one and only Beauty! clap clap clap

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.”
~~Edwin Markham
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-Apr-15, 10:18:34 AM »

yes a special Thanks to all who make it possible

but I was Thanking you Shaky because you are the one that answers all our yells of anguish when things don't run right. you even answer questions we have with our own computers and I wanted to acknowledge that.

and I want to Thank Beauty for picking Rochester for her home, winning our respect and LOVE, and for training DC to be a good mate. way to go girl!
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18-Apr-15, 01:17:48 PM »

WOW!!!!  I spent a longgggg time on this site last night and it was way to late to respond.I thoroughly enjoyed all the postings from the beginning,even checked out the beautiful Cathedral of Learning in Pittsburgh.What an impressive building.  Anyway,I want to give my thanks and appreciation to all of you who have made it possible for people like me to see all these great falcons and read of their history. I really appreciate the love and dedication as well as the time you give. Thanks so much to each and everyone of you. falcon2  bravo
« Last Edit: 18-Apr-15, 11:51:40 PM by Shaky » Logged

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 18-Apr-15, 01:57:20 PM »

and I want to Thank Beauty for picking Rochester for her home, winning our respect and LOVE, and for training DC to be a good mate. way to go girl!

Now here's a question to ponder. Did beauty pick Rochester, or did she merely follow Archer?
« Last Edit: 18-Apr-15, 02:04:12 PM by Shaky » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18-Apr-15, 04:54:56 PM »

Now here's a question to ponder. Did beauty pick Rochester, or did she merely follow Archer?

Hmmm...did she arrive the same time as Archer? I don't honestly recall whether Archer was here for a while before taking up briefly with Mariah. I think Beauty spent the winter at BS before she displaced Mariah.

Have to dig back in the history to refresh my memory...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-Apr-15, 08:03:12 PM »

WOW!!!!  I spent a longgggg time on this site last night and it was way to late to respond.I thoroughly enjoyed all the postings from the beginning,even checked out the beautiful Cathedral of Learning in Pittsburgh.What an impressive building.  Anyway,I want to give my thanks and appreciation to all of you who have made it possible for people like me to see all these great falcons and read of their history. I really appreciate the love and dedication as well as the time you give. Thanks so much to each and everyone of you. falcon2  bravo

That's a lot of reading!! I like going back to the first day of this forum. It was chaos for me~~  silly
« Last Edit: 18-Apr-15, 11:51:10 PM by Shaky » Logged

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23-Apr-15, 07:37:53 AM »

she was at BS first we called her Clarice (from Silence of the Lambs) before we knew who she was.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23-Apr-15, 07:45:28 AM »

She was there with a very young Zephyr, who was still in his juvie plumage.  He was attempting to woo her.   wub2

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: