THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 08:06:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441560 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 08-Jun-17, 10:49:22 AM »

Didn't Beauty drag one back into the nestbox that had fallen out? It was still a small fluffball like Junior.

I remember this Ei.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 08-Jun-17, 11:15:30 AM »

Cadence has been looking for dad for food no doubt for 2 hours now.  I will be at an offsite for the rest of the day with no pc access but just now I thought I saw black on the baby chest.  I am posting a note to Betty Ann to have her see if she can check - just in case of parasites.  Might be nothing, I might be seeing things.
« Last Edit: 08-Jun-17, 11:42:45 AM by carly » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 08-Jun-17, 01:36:33 PM »

She's trying to smoosh him under her!  wub2

DebInTexas
Juvie

Like Count: 13

George and Gracie

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 08-Jun-17, 02:30:49 PM »

She is determined to keep him/her warm  LOL!

Does anyone recall if Cadence had blue feet?  Her little one seems to have very pale feet, almost bluish.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 08-Jun-17, 02:37:28 PM »

She is determined to keep him/her warm  LOL!

Does anyone recall if Cadence had blue feet?  Her little one seems to have very pale feet, almost bluish.

Yes, Cadence had blue feet. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 08-Jun-17, 02:40:18 PM »

Video by sgb..strange behavior by eyas?

http://youtu.be/3uK9imfIHog

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 08-Jun-17, 03:02:09 PM »

Not sure if the baby was falling asleep standing up or if there is a medical problem.  Strange, yes.  Baby is now with Dad and can't be seen.  He/she was asleep on his/her tummy a bit ago.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 08-Jun-17, 04:08:17 PM »

Well baby's chest looked ok in SGB's video so that's good, maybe it was the early morning lighting that threw me off.  I have never seen a chick sleep like that before ..very interesting but otherwise he looks healthy..eats well and poops well, no discoloration or anything.  

ps:  Betty replied to my query and she said they are banding baby on June 22nd and they will check him out then  thumbsup
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 08-Jun-17, 04:19:50 PM »

P.S.-I haven't been following closely, but I did watch the video-we've seen those dark spots here too. It's the very early signs of the feathers starting to develop. It seems to be more obvious when the weather is hot rather than cool-it was VERY obvious on Orion who hatched so late.

You'll also see the dark spots in the wing-pits.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 08-Jun-17, 04:27:36 PM »

P.S.-I haven't been following closely, but I did watch the video-we've seen those dark spots here too. It's the very early signs of the feathers starting to develop. It seems to be more obvious when the weather is hot rather than cool-it was VERY obvious on Orion who hatched so late.

Thanks Kitty.  I knew about the wing pits.  I guess I just never noticed it before on other babies in the chest area. Someone had told me that black on the chest can be a sign of parasites.   I"m just being paranoid as usual because the baby looked fine in SGB's video...helicopter mom  whistle  lol
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: 08-Jun-17, 04:34:39 PM »

Thanks Kitty.  I knew about the wing pits.  I guess I just never noticed it before on other babies in the chest area. Someone had told me that black on the chest can be a sign of parasites.   I"m just being paranoid as usual because the baby looked fine in SGB's video...helicopter mom  whistle  lol

Usually at the base of the crop, so it's hard to see sometimes.

I understand...she's a special baby because of Bronx & Genesee...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 08-Jun-17, 05:29:58 PM »

Thanks Kitty.  I knew about the wing pits.  I guess I just never noticed it before on other babies in the chest area. Someone had told me that black on the chest can be a sign of parasites.   I"m just being paranoid as usual because the baby looked fine in SGB's video...helicopter mom  whistle  lol
Cadence and her brothers all had the dark spots under the wings and some also on the chest, and one of them often fell over on his or her back, too.  I think that was Bronx.  Remember the big discussion about it on BCAW two years ago?  They all turned to be okay, at least until fate caught up with the boys.  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 08-Jun-17, 05:42:53 PM »

Thanks for the reminder patsy, had forgotten about that.  handshake

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 08-Jun-17, 06:21:37 PM »

Second meal brought in, in the past hour and a half and the baby won't eat.  Keeps sitting up with eyes closed and neck extended.   Cadence is trying but he won't even open his mouth.  Maybe he's full from earlier meals, just noting it as an observation.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 08-Jun-17, 06:40:41 PM »

She's growing in to a very attentive mom.  heart
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: