THE FORUM

27-Jul-24, 04:53:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Quest (2008) and Mystery man - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 47749 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 14-Mar-24, 06:52:19 PM »

One of Quest and Mystery's 2018 hatches has been spotted in Oshawa, Ontario.  He is Velcro and yes, same name as Linn's daughter nesting at Detroit Zoo - in case you are wondering where you heard that name before  happy

Photo on CPF Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064583174251
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 14-Mar-24, 08:30:20 PM »

One of Quest and Mystery's 2018 hatches has been spotted in Oshawa, Ontario.  He is Velcro and yes, same name as Linn's daughter nesting at Detroit Zoo - in case you are wondering where you heard that name before  happy

Photo on CPF Facebook.

good news

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25-Mar-24, 04:58:47 PM »

Photo on CPF Facebook.

2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 30-Mar-24, 04:19:45 AM »

Velcro has been confirmed as the resident male at Lakeridge Hospital in Oshawa. Alfrieda laid their first egg on Thursday. 

From CPF Facebook:

LAKERIDGE HOSPITAL NEST:
Sally, Lucie and I decided to head out to the Lakeridge Hospital site to confirm the identity of the nesting pair. We are very excited to confirm that our boy VELCRO has been confirmed as the resident male at this site!! And it's been confirmed that he was here last year as well(thanks to Linda) !! We also confirmed (thank you Sally for that pic!!) that Alfrieda, 73/AW, 2012 hatch out of Buffalo NY is still the resident female (& since 2014!!).  They had 2 chicks last year(Grandkids of our Quest & Mystery) . We have no way, atm, of knowing if Velco was there before that. But he has a wonderful site and a good mate, great news!! And even better, as they have a wonderful camera there, we can follow them.  Here is the link :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xNo3y_gyLm4..

Linda also reports that there has been a sub adult intruder. She has a sequence which I include in the pictures at the end.

Thanks to Linda, Scott and Sally for the pictures.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 30-Mar-24, 09:19:40 AM »

Velcro has been confirmed as the resident male at Lakeridge Hospital in Oshawa. Alfrieda laid their first egg on Thursday.

From CPF Facebook:

LAKERIDGE HOSPITAL NEST:
Sally, Lucie and I decided to head out to the Lakeridge Hospital site to confirm the identity of the nesting pair. We are very excited to confirm that our boy VELCRO has been confirmed as the resident male at this site!! And it's been confirmed that he was here last year as well(thanks to Linda) !! We also confirmed (thank you Sally for that pic!!) that Alfrieda, 73/AW, 2012 hatch out of Buffalo NY is still the resident female (& since 2014!!).  They had 2 chicks last year(Grandkids of our Quest & Mystery) . We have no way, atm, of knowing if Velco was there before that. But he has a wonderful site and a good mate, great news!! And even better, as they have a wonderful camera there, we can follow them.  Here is the link :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xNo3y_gyLm4..

Linda also reports that there has been a sub adult intruder. She has a sequence which I include in the pictures at the end.

Link to Facebook post w/photos:

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 30-Mar-24, 09:42:22 AM »

From CPF Facebook:

LAKERIDGE HOSPITAL NEST:
We also confirmed (thank you Sally for that pic!!) that Alfrieda, 73/AW, 2012 hatch out of Buffalo NY is still the resident female (& since 2014!!).  They had 2 chicks last year(Grandkids of our Quest & Mystery) .

And Alfrieda is a daughter of Diamante, son of M&K. She was hatched at Central Terminal Buffalo.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 05-May-24, 06:36:46 PM »

First hatch for Alfrieda and Velcro  handshake
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 05-May-24, 07:51:00 PM »

First hatch for Alfrieda and Velcro  handshake

The legacy continues!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 27-May-24, 09:07:13 PM »

Alfrieda and Velcro's only hatch was banded today.  Quite an exciting story from CPF FB:

Echo, male, 595g, X/70, red tape

Lakeridge Health  banding :  It's a boy for Velcro and Alfrieda! Grandson of Quest and Mystery, and extra special, Marion named Velcro ❤️

He is a healthy beautiful chick named Echo. The hospital named him.  Everyone enjoyed seeing him get his bling up in the mechanical room.

Mark Heaton got him out of the nest box and removed the 3 unhatched eggs, which will be sent out for testing.

When Mark came in, I asked him where the broom was he left it on the ledge.  I said she might take it, he said nah. And it was gone when we went to put him back. This would not be the first time a broom had been snatched BUT its the first time we have pictures!! Linda sat out in the pouring rain while we were inside banding, and she got some great pics!! We could hear the screaming outside, and little Echo was doing his best impression inside. Nice and fiesty... Apparently like his mom!

Linda reported that Alfrieda picked at it, then attacked it and then picked it up and flew it across the road where she dropped it, narrowly missing a van!! Linda was kind enough to put it on the boulevard for me. When I left, I stopped and got it, Alfrieda came screaming at me, swooping, got Velcro into the mix! Boy, she was mad. Don't blame her lol.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 28-May-24, 07:17:43 AM »

That broom learned its lesson.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 28-May-24, 02:59:19 PM »

wub2 Echo. Another M&K kid! You have to wonder how many M&K kids are out there? 100's, 1,000's? We'll never know for sure. 🙂

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 28-Jun-24, 09:48:18 PM »

And here we go again...the new male at Brampton courthouse has just been positively ID'd as another son of Quest & Mystery.  (CPF Facebook).  They have one fledgling, a boy named Percy who was just banded on rescue and released back to mom and dad.  (Percy, X/71)

EXCITING NEWS AT BRAMPTON COURTHOUSE :

Lucy and I are so thrilled to announce that the resident male at Brampton Courthouse has been positively ID'd as NICO, 2021 hatch out of Don Mills, son of our beloved Quest and Mystery!!!! Percy is their grandson! Beautiful ❤️

Sally, Bob, Mark and Marion and I fledge watched him... His first flight found him landing on a hydro pole, in wires, on a blistering hot day. We waited anxiously and he finally took off low, came down and Mark rescued him.  Obviously, he was released successfully and now has a wonderful mate and the cutest son!!

I asked Lucie and Winston to try and get an ID as soon as Toivo let me know that the male was banded. Winston got a partial, and we suspected Nico but we needed positive ID. And Lucie got it!!  Thanks guys for this wonderful news.

I've dug up some of Nico's fledge watch pics but the best one is Lucie's... Our boy all grown up.  Sorry if this is a bit sappy, but we put so much into our fledge watches and CPF, and it's for moments like this, that make it all worth while.

Cathy
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 28-Jun-24, 10:02:36 PM »

The legacy continues.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print