THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:31:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seneca (2008) Sighted at Brookpark Road Bridge with Mate (Cheyenne)!  (Read 308517 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 19-Apr-10, 09:51:25 AM »

Saw these pics posted on CMNH Forum by Chad and Chris on Sunday: Aerial food exchange between Seneca and Cheyenne (for those who can't access the site).

« Last Edit: 20-Apr-10, 01:01:14 AM by Joyce » Logged

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 19-Apr-10, 10:19:40 AM »

Saw these pics posted on CMNH Forum by Chad and Chris on Sunday: Aerial food exchange between Seneca and Cheyenne (for those who can't access the site).

These picture series is great!  bow

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 19-Apr-10, 10:45:55 AM »

Gorgeous shots of a couple of gorgeous Peregrines!   clap

These picture series is great!  bow

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 19-Apr-10, 11:22:08 AM »

They are a gorgeous pair and I always thought Seneca was so striking as a juvie-so dark like Kaver.  My favorite pic of her is by Lou which he put on one of his great postcards.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 19-Apr-10, 01:09:22 PM »

She is beautiful!! heart heart heart heart heart  And she picked a wonderful mate just like her daddy heart heart heart

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
loheron
Fledgling

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 19-Apr-10, 07:15:51 PM »

Amazing photos! Larry O
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 19-Apr-10, 09:11:02 PM »

Amazing photos! Larry O

I agree....Whoa!

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 19-Apr-10, 09:32:30 PM »

Four masters of their respective fields --

Photography -- Chad and Chris
Food transfer -- Senaca and Cheyanne

Paul
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 20-Apr-10, 01:07:14 AM »

The photos from the CMNH site are fantastic.  Here is another one of my favorites...
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 27-Apr-10, 07:45:47 PM »

Chad and Chris at the CMNH website have posted some fantastic new shots of Seneca and Cheyenne. If you can access it, it's worth the visit.  Some of the pics show the "remarkable" flying ability of Seneca (she had very good teachers!) when they sighted a cat near the scrape! It also shows closeups of their 2 eggs.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 27-Apr-10, 07:50:40 PM »

Chad and Chris at the CMNH website have posted some fantastic new shots of Seneca and Cheyenne. If you can access it, it's worth the visit.  Some of the pics show the "remarkable" flying ability of Seneca (she had very good teachers!) when they sighted a cat near the scrape! It also shows closeups of their 2 eggs.

I still can't access that page or the Cleveland falcon page. I don't get it. I've been on those pages for years til now.  Sad

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 27-Apr-10, 07:53:01 PM »

Not all the pics, but a nice selection for those who can't access it...thanks to Chad & Chris & CMNH

Here's a sequence where we tried a different angle to try to see the eggs a little better. Even while they were off briefly we could only see two for sure, so maybe that's all. Here Cheyenne flew up, but then he took off before Seneca. She took off after him and then Cheyenne went back up on the eggs a short time later. In the second to last pic it looks like they are getting ready to race...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 27-Apr-10, 07:55:29 PM »

And here's Cheyenne flying with food (what looked to us like a yellow-bellied sap-sucker)-- he flew by the nest a couple times, probably wanting her to fly out for a food exchange. But then he landed, ate some, and flew out again before taking it up to the nest cubby...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 27-Apr-10, 07:56:48 PM »

And here's Seneca flying out with it...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 27-Apr-10, 07:59:03 PM »

Here's a sequence where the pair saw a cat walking on the bank under the road fairly close to the nest site and both started "intimidating" the cat into leaving the area. They showed their remarkable flight abilities, especially Seneca with some upside-down flying as she kept her head and eyes fixated on the cat. Neither of them came very close to the cat, as he couldn't have gotten to the nest ledge, and he escaped untouched. Here's Seneca displaying a graceful flip manuever (notice her big crop)...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: