THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 09:59:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Donna Wiedman Cook  (Read 8710 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« on: 25-Sep-18, 08:20:16 AM »

I'm very sad to announce that our dear friend Donna passed away in her sleep last night. Please keep her daughter and son in your thoughts as they just lost their father a few short months ago as well. Fly free with Ed my friend! Love you!  crying  <3

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25-Sep-18, 08:22:46 AM »

WHAT???? I'm speechless..

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-Sep-18, 08:25:46 AM »

OMG I am in tears reading this. She was so happy to moving out near her granddaughter. Keeping her family in my prayers.

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-Sep-18, 08:30:42 AM »

Oh my God, MAK, this is a shock. Donna was so full of life, laughter and love. And I think she gets the prize for having made the most contributions to this website. She was the first person to reach out on the chat stream to welcome me and answer any questions I had, well before I met any of the Rochester watchers in person. Fly free, djweeds. Love and sympathy to her family. crying crying crying

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-Sep-18, 08:45:47 AM »

RIP Donna. You have joined your beloved husband and father. Fly Free my friend. You will be truly missed.

Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-Sep-18, 08:46:30 AM »

No not Donna...  Shocked  crying cryingsorrow

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-Sep-18, 09:13:31 AM »

OMG!  I’m absolutely stunned and speechless!  This makes me so sad as she’s been through so much and was so looking forward to relocating to Spokane, to be with her family out there...how she loved her granddaughter!  My condolences to her family. Fly free and RIP, Donna.  Sad crying sorrow

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-Sep-18, 09:22:18 AM »

What a shock this is and she was just days away from being with her grand-daughter too.  I am so sorry for her family and her friends  Cry Cry Cry 
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-Sep-18, 10:15:29 AM »

Have not been here for quite a while - long stories, and certainly of no interest to anyone! But I had to come back on today as I try to come to terms with the loss of Donna. Her life was thrown into so much turmoil with the very recent loss of her beloved Ed, and everything hinged on leaving for Spokane and her treasure of a grand-daughter, Olivia. Thru Donna on FB, we have watched the little girl grow and thrive and get ready for the arrival of Granny and Auntie Kara. How this can be now, I cannot imagine. We have loved you, DG! And I for one will miss your dearly - esp our chats whenever I was home in ROC. Vaya con dios, amiga! XXXXX
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-Sep-18, 10:46:04 AM »

Ed and so many of our dear falcons, greeted our precious Donna today.   crying  This is heartbreaking. So close to being with her grandbaby.  Donna's heart and soul was with her family and nature.  We have truly lost one of the finest human beings.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carla P
Fluffball

Like Count: 21

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-Sep-18, 11:04:52 AM »

I am so shocked and saddened to hear of Donna's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with her children and Olivia. I can't help but picture Donna reunited not only with Ed, but also with all of our beloved Peregrine Falcons who went before her, and were such a huge part of her life. Fly free, Donna. You know longer have to be Miss-n-Kaver.  Cry heart

Carla P.
aka: edp1078, partysocks6

"Treat the earth well. It was not given to you
      by your parents; it was loaned to you by your
      children."
                 -Old Indian Proverb-
NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-Sep-18, 11:34:11 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this.  I will be praying for Donna and her family.  Such a loss.  kleenex
nwfloridafalconfan
Juvie

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25-Sep-18, 02:30:19 PM »

We never met, but we private messaged several times about falcons and computers.  Truly a fine person and a very sad loss for the group.   Sad Cry
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25-Sep-18, 03:29:59 PM »

crying So sorry to hear this news.  Hugs and prayers to her family.  We will miss all her posts on this forum.  Fly with the falcons!!

Lynne in New Hampshire
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25-Sep-18, 03:34:26 PM »

Donna, nooooo I am devastated to hear this awful news. She was so involved with our falcons and I could never believe all the time she put in watching the cams and posting. Although we have never met in person, she always helped me post my holiday falcon cards. I am trying to work through her passing by thinking of her uniting with Ed and the falcons who did not make it, especially Kaver. Sincere wishes to her family.

Dot in PA
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: