THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 07:12:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated Banding Table  (Read 13521 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 10-Jun-10, 10:52:14 PM »

http://shakymon.com/bandtable.html

KapiVT
Eyas

Like Count: 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-Jun-10, 11:28:53 PM »

Looking over the banding chart, I notice that Freedom was named by a first grade class.  Those children would be middle-schoolers now.  Is there any way to let their teacher (a Nancy Reid) or the school know that Freedom's son Archer is now back in Rochester?  Perhaps send the school a copy of Jim's terrific photo from today?
Kapi in VT
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 10-Jun-10, 11:37:57 PM »

Looking over the banding chart, I notice that Freedom was named by a first grade class.  Those children would be middle-schoolers now.  Is there any way to let their teacher (a Nancy Reid) or the school know that Freedom's son Archer is now back in Rochester?  Perhaps send the school a copy of Jim's terrific photo from today?
Kapi in VT

That would be cool!  Nancy was actually an active participant in the early days of the Kodak Forum, but I don't remember hearing anything from/about her for a number of years.
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-Jun-10, 12:32:59 AM »

Kapi in VT

That would be cool!  Nancy was actually an active participant in the early days of the Kodak Forum, but I don't remember hearing anything from/about her for a number of years.

I just looked up the school and I think it isn't there anymore. (an article I read said the school was named for a former principal and is now an administrative building) I'll keep looking!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 11-Jun-10, 12:49:20 AM »

I dug up Nancy's email from the Yahoo board, and sent her an email...I'll let you know if I get a response.
valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 11-Jun-10, 05:32:56 AM »

Kapi in VT

That would be very cool!  clap  As for the building, I'd guess that the school district administration would be a good place to start
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-Jun-10, 05:49:49 AM »

Didn't her class name another one of MK's kids? I know they followed for a long time on Yahoo. Hmm, seems like yesterday she was on.

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 11-Jun-10, 01:30:57 PM »

I did hear back from Nancy Reid; she was very excited to find out that Freedom is a grandfather!  I emailed back and asked for permission to post her full response...

I sent her the link to Rfalconcam.com and told her to check out the cameras and forum, so maybe we'll hear from her.
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 11-Jun-10, 01:32:15 PM »

Didn't her class name another one of MK's kids? I know they followed for a long time on Yahoo. Hmm, seems like yesterday she was on.

I didn't think it had been that long either, but when I checked the Yahoo board it looked like her last post was from 2004! 
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-Jun-10, 01:58:57 PM »

I missed Shaky's banding table until you were just discussing it.  It's great.  star How many of the offspring can be accounted for in one way or another?  I know some are known to be deceased, but it would be neat to have an update on the last known whereabouts of these offspring. Seneca and Rhea Mae are nesting, Questing is "quest-ing," and  I think someone just posted an update about Chayton/Clayton??? Freedom is the father of Archer, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.
Any more information out there?
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-Jun-10, 03:06:05 PM »

I missed Shaky's banding table until you were just discussing it.  It's great.  star How many of the offspring can be accounted for in one way or another?  I know some are known to be deceased, but it would be neat to have an update on the last known whereabouts of these offspring. Seneca and Rhea Mae are nesting, Questing is "quest-ing," and  I think someone just posted an update about Chayton/Clayton??? Freedom is the father of Archer, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.
Any more information out there?

margaret...have you checked out the family tree in the learn more/history section above?  Shaky's table doesn't include Mariah & Cabot-Sirocco's offspring.

I think the Chayton mentioned this spring wasn't related to Rochester.  The offspring that pop into my head right now..."Sabrina" (2006)-in quotes because "she" turned out to be a large male who was seen nesting in Ogdensburg NY last year.  Ihteram (2005) was positively ID'd in...I'm thinking 2008...in Macomb county Michigan.  I think there are others...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-Jun-10, 03:17:11 PM »

Some of the deceased that we know of:  Gahastey, Isaura, Havoc, Skye.   Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-Jun-10, 03:29:40 PM »

And Ranger-(2001 Mariah & C-S) was seen as recently as last year in Toronto-the classic picture of her with the duck is at home.  She's never managed to successfully hatch any eggs.

Oh...and Linn (2007) was seen in Toronto (or a nearby suburb) in 2008 & I think 2009...no successful nesting discovered...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-Jun-10, 03:57:36 PM »

And Ranger-(2001 Mariah & C-S) was seen as recently as last year in Toronto-the classic picture of her with the duck is at home. 

I just remembered I had it saved in Flickr

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 11-Jun-10, 05:19:24 PM »

Kapi in VT

Kapi (and anyone else who is interested)...as I said above, I found Nancy Reid and let her know that Freedom (whom her class named) is a grandfather.  Here is her response:

Hi Patti,
What a nice surprise this morning to hear from you and to hear Freedom is a grandfather! Just checked out the site and all the news of banding day! I did not know anything about the change of buildings, etc. Wish I had known!

I retired from teaching first grade last year! Have so many great memories of the original birdcam, the wonderful people, and of course, the falcons!  Have a gorgeous framed picture of Mariah and Kaver hanging in my home. Kodak gave me a great VHS (need to transfer it to DVD) of the beginning of the Kodak birdcam which I showed to every new first grader coming to me! Those
were wonderful days of following the antics of Mariah and Kaver. Glad to get all the updates. I really appreciate your email. I will continue the saga now of following the falcons of Rochester! Someday I would like to visit and see for myself! Just saw my first graders  "fledge" from H.S. at their graduation! Wonderful!
Thanks again,
Nancy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: