THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 10:42:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Birds/Nature where I live  (Read 14950 times)
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05-Aug-09, 10:26:06 PM »

re: mountain lion

Judi....camera is in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, 10 miles West of Borrego Springs, CA @ about 3500' elevation .

This is really great!  And good info for me to pass along to the mammal curators at the zoo.  They'll be very interested in this, if they don't already know about it.

Judi

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-Aug-09, 10:28:25 PM »

No, the widlife survey cam is not a Webcam. I wish it were. I must collect the CF card and transmit the images to the biologists if there is something of interest. It's a motion-activated camera. Sometimes we get nothing but birds,coyotes, foxes and deer. What they are looking for is mountain lions.

grace

Oh...forgot to ask...is this for migratory/territory studies?  I know there are a couple of these going on at the Mexican border for jaguars, desert bighorns, and peninsular pronghorns.  I didn't know there were studies going on for mountain lions.

Judi

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-Aug-09, 11:24:51 AM »

We opened the garage door this AM to leave for church and this is what was greeting us across the road from our house.  It was very dark and foggy this morning so the picture isn't very good and as soon as the flash went off, so did the Hawk.

Kris

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09-Aug-09, 03:48:40 PM »

A short album of some local critters & stuff here

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09-Aug-09, 08:48:13 PM »

Paul, Great video of the family.  So glad you could get those pictures.  It is amazing to me that they nested under a bridge that carries many thousand cars daily. 
 thumbsup
harrispen
Pipping

Like Count: 9

My girl Nina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 09-Aug-09, 09:38:52 PM »

On Saturday, August 1, 2009 I woke up to find our resident deer twins had stopped by for a visit. They hung out for quite a while grazing on the brush around the edge of our yard. They tried to rest at times but you can see by the video included with my blog post about them that the bugs were relentless and did not allow much rest. It is always a gift to see these beautiful creatures and I can't wait for their next visit.  You can visit my blog - Bird Brains & Dog Tales to see the whole story with pictures and videos.

Cindy in Penfield, NY

Here is a teaser of my two cuties:

« Last Edit: 10-Aug-09, 06:42:24 AM by harrispen » Logged
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 09-Aug-09, 10:23:34 PM »

Great blog, harrispen. Congrats on your first post. Have some Karma!
Colleen T
Fledgling

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10-Aug-09, 06:17:39 AM »

Harrispen - the fawns are adorable!  Thanks so much for sharing. clap
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10-Aug-09, 08:40:03 AM »

On Saturday, August 1, 2009 I woke up to find our resident deer twins had stopped by for a visit. They hung out for quite a while grazing on the brush around the edge of our yard. They tried to rest at times but you can see by the video included with my blog post about them that the bugs were relentless and did not allow much rest. It is always a gift to see these beautiful creatures and I can't wait for their next visit.  You can visit my blog - Bird Brains & Dog Tales to see the whole story with pictures and videos.
Cindy in Penfield, NY
Hi Cindy
You are sooo lucky to have them. I think one deer will be fantastic, but to have twins is awesome! I hope you see them again and take more pictures for us!
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10-Aug-09, 04:45:18 PM »

I have some sunflowers in my garden, but someone is destroying them

Here is the one who is doing it.

The Ring-necked Parakeets again. They prefer to eat a little bit from every flower!!
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: