THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 06:24:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1017212 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: 02-Dec-13, 07:56:00 PM »

All I can say is  phew  Thanks Carly for posting!!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: 03-Dec-13, 06:38:22 AM »

I am glad he is OK and thanks for post too.

Am I right in thinking he is one of Rhea Mae's?
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: 03-Dec-13, 06:47:37 AM »

A exciting story with happyend!  yahoo

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: 03-Dec-13, 07:37:56 AM »

You are correct, mama is Rhea Mae  wub2
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: 03-Dec-13, 08:17:50 AM »

Hurray for Stormin' and his rescuers, and Haven too!    2thumbsup clap

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: 04-Dec-13, 06:14:48 AM »

You are correct, mama is Rhea Mae  wub2
Thanks Carly  wave
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1446 on: 22-Dec-13, 05:01:31 PM »

The local media websites in Rochester aren't mentioning it, but there are an estimated 250,000 homes without power in Toronto thanks to last night's ice storm. Many of our followers live there, not to mention several nest sites that we follow.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: 22-Dec-13, 06:05:40 PM »

The local media websites in Rochester aren't mentioning it, but there are an estimated 250,000 homes without power in Toronto thanks to last night's ice storm. Many of our followers live there, not to mention several nest sites that we follow.

We had extensive icing at our home outside of Batavia.  We lost our power at 5 AM (thank heavens for our generator) and just got power back about 15 minutes ago. Erie, Niagara and Orleans counties have many homes still without power, per reports out of Buffalo.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: 22-Dec-13, 09:00:41 PM »

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/12/22/canada-ice-storm-travel-chaos-power-outages-as-massive-storm-hits-ontario-quebec-and-maritimes/

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: 26-Dec-13, 07:12:13 AM »

!!! Christmas Eve
December 24, 2013 - Toronto - Canada Square Building - Yonge and Eglinton

Marion Nash Reports:

Haven had an early Christmas *pigeon*.
I was just exiting the ATM section of the bank dressed in summer sandals, clothes and a sweater, when I saw her land. She landed on the corner of the CIBC building at the corner of Yonge and Eglinton and had a pigeon in her talons. She rested there for a minute or two and took off across Yonge, west as far as the west side of Rio-Can and about half way up the building. I think her idea was to land on one of the window uprights but this was a bit difficult with a big pigeon in her feet so she flew across Eglinton, over the old TTC bus bays and disappeared. I was outside, in summer garb, and got some funny looks! Anyway I thought she might have gone into one of the balconies, as she was out of sight. She sure fooled me. She had obviously flown between Canada Square and the black building, up Yonge and landed in the same spot she had left!
She rested once more and then began plucking the pigeon. Feathers flew everywhere, like huge snowflakes. Whilst plucking feathers Haven kept a sharp lookout. I did not see Stormin anywhere around. Then she began to eat. She really tucked in non stop for minutes !
After that she had a good look around, shuffled her feathers, had a think and then grabbed the remains of the pigeon and flew again. From the direction she took I think she was aiming for either the north end of Canada Square, which is a favourite butcher block and dining room, or she wanted to stash the remains on the ledge under the nest level. I did not venture out again to verify which it was.

Lyn

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: 26-Dec-13, 10:26:41 AM »

2thumbsup  spaghetti

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: 27-Dec-13, 09:16:56 AM »

Canadian Peregrine Foundation
Seems everyone was out and about yesterday checking out our peregrines. From Rob we have a report that Hurricane and Chessie were enjoying the sunshine at William Osler Hospital. Thanks so much for the update Rob. Also, Bruce was at Etobicoke Sun Life and found Jack and O'Connor both home. He also struck it lucky at the Hearn Generating Station with a sighting of Peter at home. Great work gentlemen!

A Burlington Lift Bridge check in thanks to Sue!

Just came back from a visit to the Burlington Lift Bridge Peregrine nest site. It was very cold and windy with the wind blasting from the bay. The area did not sustain any damage from the ice storm but there was lots of blowing snow from the snow storms of the last couple of days. Dad, Mackenzie, was very visible, kiting over and under the Skyway. There was no sign of Mom, Cirrus, in any of her normal spots. We will check again tomorrow.

Thank you so much for this sighting. The wild birds have been very much on our minds since the storm. Great sighting Sue!

Another great sighting by Linda on Dec 26th!!

Erin and Windwhistler were seen this morning on a building rooftop together. I first saw Windwhistler and Erin joined him after doing a half hearted hunt in my area. They sat together for a few minutes. Erin then took off to sit on the weather vane of St.James Church spire.

Thanks so much to Linda for the check up on King Street!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: 03-Jan-14, 09:49:07 AM »

I saw this on on the end of my block eating a duck, I live in Windsor Ontario on the 600 block of Kildare road. He appears to have a tags on both of his legs.

Garett on FB

CPF: Thank you Garett for this outstanding photo!! This could very well be our mystery girl in Windsor that is with the unbanded male at the Chrysler building. From what I could gather so far, she was hatched in 2012 to Belle and Allen and her name is either Unity II or Aura. When I know more we shall post but it looks like this is our girl from the second Windsor nest!

Another Duck hunter!  Shocked

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: 03-Jan-14, 10:13:33 AM »

I saw this on on the end of my block eating a duck, I live in Windsor Ontario on the 600 block of Kildare road. He appears to have a tags on both of his legs.

Garett on FB

CPF: Thank you Garett for this outstanding photo!! This could very well be our mystery girl in Windsor that is with the unbanded male at the Chrysler building. From what I could gather so far, she was hatched in 2012 to Belle and Allen and her name is either Unity II or Aura. When I know more we shall post but it looks like this is our girl from the second Windsor nest!

Another Duck hunter!  Shocked

Unity II?  Oh, how lovely!  I didn't know Unity had a namesake born after Unity's death.  And am I correct in thinking she would be Unity's sister as well? 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: 03-Jan-14, 10:27:19 AM »

Yes Patsy you are correct.  She was named to honor the fallen Unity by the folks at University of Toledo.  Cynthia posted the news here at the time of the banding:

http://rfalconcam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7750.0
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: