THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:41:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078568 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: 20-Jan-15, 07:42:37 AM »

It's been his home for almost 15 years and Erin has been his mate all that time, can't imagine he won't go down fighting.  All we can do is hope for the best.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: 20-Jan-15, 09:40:42 AM »

It's been his home for almost 15 years and Erin has been his mate all that time, can't imagine he won't go down fighting.  All we can do is hope for the best.

Hoping all turns out OK for all..poor Windwhistler. Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 24-Jan-15, 01:31:21 PM »

Just read on a private FB site that Surge from Hamilton has been picked up injured by animal control, first assessment is fight with another bird. He's on his way OWL..they were asking for an ID and I recognized the bands.  Surge is Madame X's long time mate  Sad
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: 24-Jan-15, 01:44:59 PM »

The father of Pigott, Gleig, Durand... Sad
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 24-Jan-15, 02:03:29 PM »

Just read on a private FB site that Surge from Hamilton has been picked up injured by animal control, first assessment is fight with another bird. He's on his way OWL..they were asking for an ID and I recognized the bands.  Surge is Madame X's long time mate  Sad

Oh no..not another one!  The year hasn't started out very good so far.  How old is he?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: 24-Jan-15, 02:09:35 PM »

Just read on a private FB site that Surge from Hamilton has been picked up injured by animal control, first assessment is fight with another bird. He's on his way OWL..they were asking for an ID and I recognized the bands.  Surge is Madame X's long time mate  Sad

Oh no..not another one!  The year hasn't started out very good so far.  How old is he?

He'll be 13 this year. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 24-Jan-15, 02:38:40 PM »

He'll be 13 this year. 

Oh shoot, I saw that earlier and didn't know who he was!!! Hope he will be OK!!  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: 24-Jan-15, 02:41:32 PM »

pics from fb 

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: 24-Jan-15, 03:11:32 PM »

Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 24-Jan-15, 03:41:02 PM »

And grandfather of Billie.  Oh carp!   Shocked Sad I hope he and the other bird will be okay.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: 24-Jan-15, 04:23:09 PM »

You know what is shocking to me?  Here we have two older tiercels the past few weeks either losing a site or injured (since we can't see the cams now can't say for sure a new male has displaced Surge until they confirm) and here is Jack with two sites...I mean Surge and he were born the same year.  I wonder how much longer he can do it given the population increase.

Sorry to get off topic but I just saw Jack on cam and it popped in my head.  confused
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: 24-Jan-15, 05:19:27 PM »

Thank goodness Surge was found so he can get the help he needs. 

Hope he's ok.   pray

Peregrines know no borders.....
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: 24-Jan-15, 07:21:11 PM »

Prayers for Surge  pray

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 24-Jan-15, 07:27:13 PM »

Official update from Hamilton on Surge:

As many of you have already heard, Surge was found injured earlier today and is now recovering at the Owl Foundation. He was found by the HMCS Haida, taken in by Animal Control, and then transferred by one of our amazing Falconwatch volunteers to the Owl Foundation. It appears he was in a fight with another bird. His right nostril is punctured, there is damage to his right cere (the skin between beak and head), and he has a scratch on his cornea. He's under the care of experts at the Foundation and may be there for a little while as they monitor how his injuries could affect his eating. Despite this sad news Surge weighed in at a very healthy 781 grams when he was being assessed. They thought he was a female at first he's so big! The Owl Foundation is a charity and does not receive government funds to cover the costs of caring for injured birds. Falconwatch will be paying for Surge's food during his stay...please consider making a donation to Falconwatch to help pay for Surge's meals while he recovers. He'll be eating quail!

http://falcons.hamiltonnature.org/hcppdonate.htm
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: 24-Jan-15, 09:15:44 PM »

Looking at the picture, I thought his cere looked injured..poor Surge.  Thanks for the update, Carly.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: