THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:59:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078640 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: 09-Mar-15, 11:27:05 PM »

crying

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: 10-Mar-15, 11:45:40 AM »

New update from Linda on King St activities:

!!! King St. Toronto
March 10, 2015 - Toronto - King Street

Linda Woods Reports:

Windwhistler has been replaced by Stormin.  Windwhistler has not been seen in his King St Territory since January. Courtship activity including flights has not been seen. Erin tends to sit away from Stormin , appearing that she is not interested in him.  Also, Erin has been lying down behind the pillar since September. Could be a number of possibilities given the harsh cold temperatures this past winter and her age.   It is certainly not incubation as there are no eggs as yet.  Her age is a good indicator and the fact that only one egg hatched last year at this site. We’ll keep watching for courtship activity but at this time it’s not happening. I think Stormin is more concentrated on patrolling the area, and sometimes wandering over to the Sheraton nest site, which is very close.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 10-Mar-15, 12:55:15 PM »

!!! King St. Toronto

Linda Woods Reports:

Windwhistler has been replaced by Stormin.  Windwhistler has not been seen in his King St Territory since January. Courtship activity including flights has not been seen. Erin tends to sit away from Stormin , appearing that she is not interested in him.  Also, Erin has been lying down behind the pillar since September. Could be a number of possibilities given the harsh cold temperatures this past winter and her age.   It is certainly not incubation as there are no eggs as yet.  Her age is a good indicator and the fact that only one egg hatched last year at this site. We’ll keep watching for courtship activity but at this time it’s not happening. I think Stormin is more concentrated on patrolling the area, and sometimes wandering over to the Sheraton nest site, which is very close.

So many mixed feelings.  Sad that Windwhistler is gone and Erin is aging.  Happy that Stormin is ok.  Hoping that he stays away from the Sheraton. 

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: 10-Mar-15, 02:04:20 PM »

!!! King St. Toronto

Linda Woods Reports:

Oh my!! Yes, stay away from Sheraton! (Not in a mean way, of course).

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: 10-Mar-15, 04:39:33 PM »

I have to share this here.  Just when we were all worried about Erin...today ljames over at BCAW caught Stormin bringing her food, she was laying at the far end and she 'ran' down the ledge to get it.  Here is the link to the page as they aren't my photos but I am so happy to see this!

http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewtopic.php?f=370&t=1872&p=334817#p334817
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: 10-Mar-15, 05:03:56 PM »

I have to share this here.  Just when we were all worried about Erin...today ljames over at BCAW caught Stormin bringing her food, she was laying at the far end and she 'ran' down the ledge to get it.  Here is the link to the page as they aren't my photos but I am so happy to see this!

Now that was a "perk her up"!! Good news but.....

PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 10-Mar-15, 05:04:34 PM »

Very cool! clap

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: 10-Mar-15, 05:09:31 PM »

I know Donna, she's older and we dont' know what the future brings but at least she still has her appetite so we know she can move fast if she has too  happy
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 10-Mar-15, 05:18:37 PM »

I know Donna, she's older and we dont' know what the future brings but at least she still has her appetite so we know she can move fast if she has too  happy

lol

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 10-Mar-15, 05:22:04 PM »

This is wonderful news Carly!  clap

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: 11-Mar-15, 05:28:14 PM »

Hot off the press - from Hamilton Facebook:

Hamilton, say hello to Ossie! Based upon a slightly blurry look at leg bands this afternoon, we have tentatively identified the new male at the Hamilton nest as a bird that was banded in 2012 at the William Osler Hospital in Etobicoke. His parents were Hurricane (male) and Chessie (female). This is "tentative" until we can get a clearer look at the bands, to be sure that the upper character is the letter "O" and not the number "0" (or something else), as it is the former that identifies him as Ossie. So for now, that's what we'll be calling him. Welcome to Hamilton, Ossie!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 11-Mar-15, 06:35:00 PM »

hiya

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: 11-Mar-15, 08:08:00 PM »

clap

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: 13-Mar-15, 02:34:47 PM »

From Hamilton Facebook:

NEW ADULT. This image was just captured on the Hamilton nest ledge. Green band over black. This new bird is closely associating with Ossie already, suggesting that it is a new female. This naturally leads to the question, "where is Madame X?" We would ask that people not post speculations and guesses. We all know what this could mean. MX could be either driven off or possibly down and injured. So if anyone living around the downtown area (really, most locations from the water front to the mountain) want to go for a stroll and keep an eye out for an injured falcon, please feel free to do so. If you find a bird down, please call Hamilton Animal control, and e-mail our contact address on our website. Thanks!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: 13-Mar-15, 02:36:47 PM »

From Hamilton Facebook:

NEW ADULT. This image was just captured on the Hamilton nest ledge. Green band over black. This new bird is closely associating with Ossie already, suggesting that it is a new female. This naturally leads to the question, "where is Madame X?" We would ask that people not post speculations and guesses. We all know what this could mean. MX could be either driven off or possibly down and injured. So if anyone living around the downtown area (really, most locations from the water front to the mountain) want to go for a stroll and keep an eye out for an injured falcon, please feel free to do so. If you find a bird down, please call Hamilton Animal control, and e-mail our contact address on our website. Thanks!

Was just going to post this.  I wondered when I saw her face and foot yesterday if something wasn't going on.  How sad for her.  Sad

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: