THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 11:01:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078653 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: 29-Aug-15, 04:46:18 PM »

How very fitting that it was you that found him MAK, he's come to visit you and say hello.   wub2

Dana found him-I just identified him. Team effort here! WOW So this is DC's brother-more reason to smile!!! happy

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: 29-Aug-15, 04:49:26 PM »

Yes he would be DC's half brother - same dad, different mom's.  I wonder if he is a 'he' though or a 'she'.  I'm looking through the photos now.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: 29-Aug-15, 04:51:25 PM »

How very fitting that it was you that found him MAK, he's come to visit you and say hello.   wub2

Dana found him-I just identified him. Team effort here! WOW So this is DC's brother-more reason to smile!!! happy

Didn't mean to slight Dana at all.  I'd like to think he did go over to say hello to you as he always spoke highly of you and considered you a 'friend'.  happy
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 29-Aug-15, 04:56:28 PM »

Yes he would be DC's half brother - same dad, different mom's.  I wonder if he is a 'he' though or a 'she'.  I'm looking through the photos now.

Tracy did say Big Frank was banded with female bands so might have to add: Big Frank/Frankie  Wink

Frank and I had a few late nights on fb as well-he is/was definitely a friend of mine and I do hope he knows there's a gorgeous Peregrine Falcon named after him.  heart

-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 29-Aug-15, 05:03:05 PM »

I remember saying to Tracy and Rob that I thought Frank might actually be Frankie because he/she was almost the size of O'Connor the last time I saw him.  He came back home in late August after I hadn't seen him for a few weeks and he was crying for food and I thought ..oh no..he is having trouble hunting. 

O'Connor spent so much time with him/her then showing him how to hunt.  I used to come into work in the morning and I'd see them perched side by side on the Moneris sign and one day he was just gone and I was so worried.  But I see I had no reason now to worry at all, he's done good and OC's dedication to him/her has paid off  wub2

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: 29-Aug-15, 05:19:57 PM »

I remember saying to Tracy and Rob that I thought Frank might actually be Frankie because he/she was almost the size of O'Connor the last time I saw him.  He came back home in late August after I hadn't seen him for a few weeks and he was crying for food and I thought ..oh no..he is having trouble hunting. 

O'Connor spent so much time with him/her then showing him how to hunt.  I used to come into work in the morning and I'd see them perched side by side on the Moneris sign and one day he was just gone and I was so worried.  But I see I had no reason now to worry at all, he's done good and OC's dedication to him/her has paid off  wub2

So happy for you, Carly!  clap

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: 29-Aug-15, 05:41:26 PM »

Tracy just reminded me of the time I rescued Frank and he smelled like 'poo'...lol.  He had gotten in to someone's garden who used some errrr...natural fertilizer and he just reeked of it.  I remember telling Bruce on the phone that 'he smells funny' and he said what do you mean?  I said he smells like 'poo'..lol!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: 29-Aug-15, 06:06:28 PM »

From our friends at the Canadian Peregrine Foundation...

Frankie Goes to Hollywood… …Um, Ok. Maybe Just Irondequoit, New York!
August 29, 2015 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre
Tracy Simpson Reports:

We have just received news from our friends in New York State that a falcon was photographed by Dana Mulhern at the Medley Centre in Irondequoit! The band number, solid black S over 39, was placed on a bird in 2013 at the Etobicoke Sun Life nest and named Little Big Frank after one of our dear fallen comrades who was a falcon watcher for a decade at this nest site.

My phone lit up this afternoon with texts and notices requesting the identity of the bird Dana had spotted and after looking it up and sharing it with the Etobicoke team, the celebrations at seeing one of our fledglings once again as a potential breeding adult began.

Dana and Margaret found the bird on the peak of a building at the mall where it was hunting and they were able to get photos and confirm the band number. This is amazing news and we are always excited to hear about a re-sighting of one of our own homegrown birds! Little Big Frank was banded in 2013 as a female and it may turn out that this bird is in fact just that. Male or female, well, Big Frank wouldn’t have minded either way. He would have been proud none the less and should this bird turn out to be a girl, she can be thought of as “Big Frankie” and will still carry a great name forward with her.

Thank you so much to Dana and MAK for finding BF and updating us on the status of the bird. All photos posted were taken by MA.
Posted on August 29, 2015 5:13 pm

...have to let Tracy know it's MAK's pictures

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 29-Aug-15, 06:10:00 PM »

She did a nice post.   handshake  On the official banding report he is known as 'Big Frank', the 'little' is what we called him just to distinguish him from the 'person' as he had just passed away not too long before. 
« Last Edit: 29-Aug-15, 06:16:24 PM by carly » Logged
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: 29-Aug-15, 06:49:47 PM »

This is such a feel good moment! Thank you S/39 "Big Frank" for coming to visit Rochester.

Thanks MAK for photographing little Big Frank and capturing his ID.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: 29-Aug-15, 06:57:42 PM »

Absolutely Carly!! So happy your fears can be put to rest now!!!!!  yes

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: 29-Aug-15, 06:58:46 PM »

Tracy just reminded me of the time I rescued Frank and he smelled like 'poo'...lol.  He had gotten in to someone's garden who used some errrr...natural fertilizer and he just reeked of it.  I remember telling Bruce on the phone that 'he smells funny' and he said what do you mean?  I said he smells like 'poo'..lol!

I can just imagine what Bruce said to that!!!  lol

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: 29-Aug-15, 06:59:34 PM »

She did a nice post.   handshake  On the official banding report he is known as 'Big Frank', the 'little' is what we called him just to distinguish him from the 'person' as he had just passed away not too long before. 

heart

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: 29-Aug-15, 07:01:45 PM »

This is such a feel good moment! Thank you S/39 "Big Frank" for coming to visit Rochester.

Thanks MAK for photographing little Big Frank and capturing his ID.

And thanks to Dana for being diligent in watching the Medley Center! Oh aren't we all just so happy!!!!!  yahoo

-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 29-Aug-15, 07:32:26 PM »

WanderingFalcon (Carol P.): He took off again. The last time he returned, he skimmed the parking lot a foot off the ground & almost grabbed a pigeon

*sigh* learned that from his mother.  I always wondered 'does she teach her kids to do that'..lol..now I know the answer!
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: