THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 11:00:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078644 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: 07-Nov-16, 04:08:15 PM »

Toronto - Don Mills and Eglinton - Amexon

Our boy Lucky, aka Superman, has been spotted!

Cathy Kerr Reports:

Lucky, from the 2013 clutch of Chester and Jenna, has been spotted having a lovely bath down at Colonel Sam Smith Park by Nancy Barrett and Adam Solomon!  They took some great pics of him, which I have shared here.

He has grown into a really beautiful peregrine!!

Thank you again to Nancy & Adam!

I love it when a juvie from a previous year shows up and is doing well. He is only about 30 km from where he grew up.

Photos are at the link below:

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2016/11/sightings/our-boy-lucky-aka-superman-has-been-spotted/
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 07-Nov-16, 05:26:14 PM »

Chester, didn't he Winter over with Quest?

Saw this news on FB, great isn't it??

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: 07-Nov-16, 06:02:06 PM »

Great news..very handsome tiercel!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: 07-Nov-16, 06:24:47 PM »

good news clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 08-Nov-16, 01:47:42 PM »

I am not sure about Chester, but Lucky showed up at Quest's nest around December 21, 2014, and stayed until March of 2015 when Skye returned.

From the Canadian Peregrine Foundation when Lucky first showed up:

He spent a great deal of time up on the Harlequin building sitting in the sun and I waited for him to do some stretching and reveal the look I was seeking.  At first glance I was able to only see the USFW band and it was covered in blue tape.  This was not consistent with Skye, the male that was with Quest this past nest season.  I continued to watch and finally got the look that I was waiting for. The band number that I could clearly see was a solid Black Y over 72 with blue tape which turns out to be a bird hatched in 2013 at the Amexon nest site named Lucky.

I wonder where Lucky has been since March 2015.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: 08-Nov-16, 02:19:28 PM »

I am not sure about Chester, but Lucky showed up at Quest's nest around December 21, 2014, and stayed until March of 2015 when Skye returned.

He spent a great deal of time up on the Harlequin building sitting in the sun and I waited for him to do some stretching and reveal the look I was seeking.  At first glance I was able to only see the USFW band and it was covered in blue tape.  This was not consistent with Skye, the male that was with Quest this past nest season.  I continued to watch and finally got the look that I was waiting for. The band number that I could clearly see was a solid Black Y over 72 with blue tape which turns out to be a bird hatched in 2013 at the Amexon nest site named Lucky.

I believe he nested with O'Connor at Etobicoke this yr.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: 08-Nov-16, 09:49:13 PM »

Great news about Lucky!  2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 09-Nov-16, 02:24:39 PM »

I believe he nested with O'Connor at Etobicoke this yr.

You are right, Kris, he did nest with O'Connor this year and last year. Thank you for reminding me! I do check the Etobicoke site daily, but usually see O'Connor there on her own. I hardly ever see a male there.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: 10-Nov-16, 10:16:01 AM »

YAY Lucky!   clap

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: 10-Nov-16, 10:55:26 AM »

And the reason Chester sounds familiar to everyone...

From CPF: His solid black Ontario band is 95 over Y with a silver USFW.  This is Chester hatch at the Yonge and Eglinton site in 2011.

Chester is the son of Haven and Irving. Irving was found deceased shortly after the 2011 eggs hatched. Rhea Mae & Tiago's son, Stormin', arrived and helped Haven raise Luke, Buzz, and Chester. They then went on to raise 9 eyases of their own.

Haven is now nesting with Malik and Stormin' is with Erin at King St.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: 14-Nov-16, 06:04:43 PM »

And the reason Chester sounds familiar to everyone...

From CPF: His solid black Ontario band is 95 over Y with a silver USFW.  This is Chester hatch at the Yonge and Eglinton site in 2011.

Chester is the son of Haven and Irving. Irving was found deceased shortly after the 2011 eggs hatched. Rhea Mae & Tiago's son, Stormin', arrived and helped Haven raise Luke, Buzz, and Chester. They then went on to raise 9 eyases of their own.

Haven is now nesting with Malik and Stormin' is with Erin at King St.

Thank you so much for that information, Dumpsterkitty! I remember Haven and Irving when they were together, and of course Haven and Stormin'.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 14-Nov-16, 06:14:12 PM »

Here they are!! Stormin and Haven!! heart

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 14-Nov-16, 06:17:16 PM »

Brandon, Manitoba

Back in 2008, three chicks were raised in a nest in Brandon, Manitoba. There was one male, Max, and two females, Chaos and Gigi. Chaos now nests in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. There has been no news of Gigi, and nothing had been heard from Max either.

But now, after eight years of silence, Max has been sighted in Tommy Thompson Park in Toronto, Ontario. His bands were read (black/black 26/Y), and his identity confirmed.

It is wonderful news that he is alive and well. He has travelled a long way for a male peregrine; at least 2,410 km or 1,497 miles.

Max is a younger brother of Terminator (born in 2006), the resident female at the Grand Forks, North Dakota nest.

I hope we will hear more of Max in the near future.
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: 14-Nov-16, 06:19:36 PM »

Here they are!! Stormin and Haven!! heart

That is one of my favorite photos! Thanks for posting it, Donna!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 14-Nov-16, 06:21:28 PM »

Mine too Alison!!  wub2 heart

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: