THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 02:29:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009557 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: 13-Jul-18, 04:47:58 PM »

After not being seen in a many days, Sunny was found down on the sidewalk and was picked up for observation.  Unfortunately, sad news...

Toronto Sheraton
July 8th 2018

“It is with sadness that the Fledgling Falcon, " Sunny "  has passed away.

He spent the night in care, weighed, and given hydration and small amounts of food.  His weight was half of what was recorded at Banding Day on June 5th.
Unfortunately, he just was too depleted to recover.

I suspect that past record temperatures and humidity kept him low and out of sight for the adults to do food drops. It's amazing he lasted this long. He was a fighter.

Fly High, Sunnyâ€

More sad news..

Toronto Sheraton Centre
“Sad news again.  Feist, one of the three fledglings, was picked up from the Queen and University area and transferred to Toronto Wildlife Centre.
 On examnination, it was evident that
Feist had sustained puncture wounds to his eye. As this is an injury that would not allow him to be released back into the wild, he was humanely euthanized.

Fly free, fly high Feist.

We continue to do spot checks on the Sheraton nest site and hopes that we might catch a glimpse of the last remaining fledgling, Geoff.â€

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: 14-Jul-18, 01:40:56 AM »

Oh no  crying  sorrow

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: 14-Jul-18, 01:09:59 PM »

Such very sad news. This is such a hard area for fledgling falcons.  Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: 15-Jul-18, 10:54:16 AM »

Heartbreaking news, fly free little ones!  crying

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: 15-Jul-18, 09:53:07 PM »

Oh little ones Cry

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: 20-Jul-18, 07:47:00 PM »

Erie Wildlife Rescue

It is great sadness that we inform you that Voltaire, the adult female Peregrine Falcon which nested under the Ambassador Bridge, was killed today. Presumably she was hit by a vehicle as she was found on the road.

EWR had the privilege to care for Voltaire in the spring of 2015 when she was injured during a territory dispute with a rival female. Since her release, Voltaire and her mate successfully raised 10 chicks. She was a beautiful bird, and is a true loss to the Peregrine population which is considered a species of "Special Concern".

Our sympathies to the dedicated group of volunteers from Canadian Peregrine Foundation who monitor the birds.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: 20-Jul-18, 08:19:28 PM »

Erie Wildlife Rescue

It is great sadness that we inform you that Voltaire, the adult female Peregrine Falcon which nested under the Ambassador Bridge, was killed today. Presumably she was hit by a vehicle as she was found on the road.

EWR had the privilege to care for Voltaire in the spring of 2015 when she was injured during a territory dispute with a rival female. Since her release, Voltaire and her mate successfully raised 10 chicks. She was a beautiful bird, and is a true loss to the Peregrine population which is considered a species of "Special Concern".

Our sympathies to the dedicated group of volunteers from Canadian Peregrine Foundation who monitor the birds.

Sad news.  sorrow

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: 21-Jul-18, 03:00:09 AM »

crying sorrow

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: 12-Sep-18, 01:23:17 PM »

Kitchener, Ontario:  Some good news for a change Smiley  Lucifer, the resident male that was injured only a few days after his babies hatched was released yesterday at his nest site!

Hobbitstee Wildlife Refuge
Yesterday at 11:21 AM

After 92 days of absence the CTV Kitchener Peregrine has returned to the skies also.

Although it appeared he had some trouble gaining height after he flew from the box making me hold my breath he made up for it by flying up pretty much vertically as only a Peregrine can a bit later (not on video).

We are grateful for our team of awesome vets at OVC Small Animal Clinic and Scott Veterinary Clinic who did all the surgical work to make his recovery possible.

https://www.facebook.com/Hobbitstee/videos/712323442453979/?t=2
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: 12-Sep-18, 02:18:19 PM »

Kitchener, Ontario:  Some good news for a change Smiley  Lucifer, the resident male that was injured only a few days after his babies hatched was released yesterday at his nest site!

Yesterday at 11:21 AM

After 92 days of absence the CTV Kitchener Peregrine has returned to the skies also.

Although it appeared he had some trouble gaining height after he flew from the box making me hold my breath he made up for it by flying up pretty much vertically as only a Peregrine can a bit later (not on video).

We are grateful for our team of awesome vets at OVC Small Animal Clinic and Scott Veterinary Clinic who did all the surgical work to make his recovery possible.

https://www.facebook.com/Hobbitstee/videos/712323442453979/?t=2
2thumbsup

-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: 13-Sep-18, 06:42:02 PM »

Darn it, Mystery has a new mate...an unbanded male.  Looks like they didn't do their homework and released him at the site.  No sign of him at all so hopefully he made it out safely.  Lucie went down there today to observe Sad
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: 13-Sep-18, 08:59:08 PM »

Darn it, Mystery has a new mate...an unbanded male.  Looks like they didn't do their homework and released him at the site.  No sign of him at all so hopefully he made it out safely.  Lucie went down there today to observe Sad

Sad Hope he stays safe!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: 17-Sep-18, 07:55:19 PM »

crying crying Cry Cry  Lucifer is dead  crying

It is with great sadness we have to announce that I just received a picture via text confirming the death of the Kitchener Peregrine Falcon that we released last week.

I am unsure on how or why he died at the moment.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: 17-Sep-18, 09:41:25 PM »

It is with great sadness we have to announce that I just received a picture via text confirming the death of the Kitchener Peregrine Falcon that we released last week.

Sad sorrow Feel bad for ALL the lost falcon lives this year!  heart

-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: 18-Sep-18, 03:42:38 PM »

How very sad.  Sad

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: