THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:46:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009424 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 01-Jul-11, 06:33:58 AM »

Oh dear. Poor little Jupiter! That will be just about enough sadness for this season, thanks!
 Sad
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 01-Jul-11, 08:03:40 AM »

Thank you everyone for all your kind words about Jupiter and your support.  I love to read the Outside My Window blog alot (home of your Beauty'iful' one as Kate always has such interesting and informative articles so I thought I'd post the link to this latest blog as it states that 'windows are the biggest killer of birds' but here's the shocking part - I think we all knew alot of birds died from hitting windows but this number is unbelievable

According to what Kate says:  "Up to 2.7 million birds per day are killed by windows in the U.S. "  That's a shocking statistic and makes me wonder, given the decline of so many species, in 20 years will all thos people sitting in their glass towers lament as to why there are no longer any birds flying by?!   

http://www.wqed.org/birdblog/

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 01-Jul-11, 09:54:53 AM »

scared blue Over 2 million a DAY is just HORRIBLE!  crying

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 01-Jul-11, 01:01:32 PM »

We need to scale down our buildings. This is absurd!!  Sad Not many architects or builders care too much about our feathered friends.

Like Shaky said..EDUCATE!! Ahhhh, it won't help! Pfft

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 06-Jul-11, 09:08:50 AM »

!!! Playing & Chasing Mom
July 05, 2011 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre
Kathy Reports:

Sky and Hera are both doing well so far, lots of flying, playing tag and chasing mom around the buildings whenever they can.  She starts it all herself though!

Today Jack was by for a little bonding at the nestbox and while Angel did oblige him for a few minutes, she seemed to be more interested in playing with the boys.  After a few minutes of bowing and scraping with Jack, she promptly left him on his own - much to his astonishment - and took off, flying over the next rooftop to rouse the boys and engage them in some tag and chase.

It was great to see them all having so much fun.  The heat of the past few days means they have been pretty scarce during the day but I’m happy to report that both are doing fine so far!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 06-Jul-11, 05:02:51 PM »

thumbsup

-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 06-Jul-11, 06:13:39 PM »

!!! Lady Gaga has a fractured leg
July 06, 2011 - Windsor - Ambassador Bridge
Dennis Patrick Reports:

After watching Lady Gaga and Spitfire doing so well in their flying skills it’s sad that we have to report that Lady Gaga has a fractured leg, we took her to a Vet this morning and he took an X-ray of both legs, it was very easy to see the fracture. As of right now she will be operated on tomorrow. It was sad to see Spitfire, Voltaire and Freddie last evening when we picked her up and the look on our faces was even sadder. We will keep you posted.
Gwen & Dennis, Site Co-ordinators for CPF

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 06-Jul-11, 06:16:25 PM »

How sad and she was flying so well. They didn't say how she could have fractured it. Bad landing maybe?

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 06-Jul-11, 06:21:57 PM »

I'm glad she was rescued...where would they be without all the watchers...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 06-Jul-11, 06:48:52 PM »

Dennis Patrick Reports:

After watching Lady Gaga and Spitfire doing so well in their flying skills it’s sad that we have to report that Lady Gaga has a fractured leg, we took her to a Vet this morning and he took an X-ray of both legs, it was very easy to see the fracture. As of right now she will be operated on tomorrow. It was sad to see Spitfire, Voltaire and Freddie last evening when we picked her up and the look on our faces was even sadder. We will keep you posted.

Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 06-Jul-11, 11:16:45 PM »

http://www.windsorstar.com/entertainment/Peregrine+falcon+Lady+Gaga+breaks+needs+surgery/5058973/story.html More on Lady GaGa

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 07-Jul-11, 12:22:43 AM »

Dennis Patrick Reports:

You Toronto watchers do have your hands full!  We will keep Lady  Gaga in our thoughts!  After all, she was  "born this way!"    and will have her way!    Fly strong, Lady Gaga!.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 07-Jul-11, 06:50:46 AM »

Wow, Tonight We Got A Scare
July 06, 2011 - Burlington - Lift Bridge
Sue McCreadie Reports:

Tonight around 8pm, there was a full lift of the Bridge.  It was not just one freighter, but it was up for two.  The girls have been spending a great deal of time on the upper railing of the bridge watching pigeons.  Well tonight, when the bridge was up for such a long time, we were unable to spot the girls.  David Williams took a walk under the bridge and lo and behold he discovered one of the girls (we were unable to identify her) was enjoying a pigeon right on the roadway.  As the bridge started to descend, Mourad Jabra ran up the stairs and starting clapping and yelling.  Thank goodness it was enough to scare the bird off the road.  As we all drove out of the parking lot at around 9:15 pm, we all made sure that we drove over the pigeon hoping that it would be damaged enough to deter the juvie from trying to get at it again.  We’re not certain where the pigeon came from; perhaps it was the first kill for one of the girls.

Pretty scary.  First time we experienced something like this.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 07-Jul-11, 06:57:52 AM »

pray Good luck little Lady Gaga! May you fly free once again. heart

-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 07-Jul-11, 01:18:24 PM »

!!! Lady Gaga Update
July 07, 2011 - Windsor - Ambassador Bridge
Dennis Patrick Reports:

Good News, we just got a phone call from the Vet that Lady Gaga made it through surgery doing well, at the moment she is resting.
Gwen & Dennis Site Co-ordinators CPF

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: