THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1009420 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 23-Feb-12, 07:34:22 AM »

Oh my word re Carly's post! We do NOT need more agro, but I guess that is the way of it at this time of year.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 23-Feb-12, 04:01:49 PM »

scared blue I hope that's not what's in store for us here in Rochester!  no

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 23-Feb-12, 04:52:21 PM »

scared blue I hope that's not what's in store for us here in Rochester!  no

I have a feeling Unity is waiting on Archer and the new guy is just back up in case Archer doesn't show.  Of course now that I've said that watch them both show up at the nest box bowing and scraping... pray
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 26-Feb-12, 07:29:23 AM »

Great Fun With the CPF at the Ottawa Sportsmans Show
February 24, 2012 - CPF Events

Tracy Simpson Reports:

Do you remember the Grinch who stole Christmas and Cindy Loo who was no more than two the little girl from Hooville?  Well she came to visit Alexandra, another kind of hoo at the Ottawa sportsman show too! Posing is Sierra Gates the newest sweetest small hoo.

What a cute little girl and so is Alex!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 26-Feb-12, 09:14:19 PM »

All is well after territorial dispute
February 26, 2012 - Port Colborne - ADM Mill
Doug Garbutt Reports:

Yesterday while I was having lunch at work I looked up at the monitor &  Buffalo Bill our resident male showed off his jewelery close to the camera. After the fight last Friday I wasn’t 100% sure who was the victor but the falcon got up real close to the camera and sure enough it was 68 over r black over green the resident male Buffalo Bill. He looks no worse for the wear as both legs are working  just fine. The pair are exhibiting courtship behaviour.

(I hope the other tiercel is okay as well.)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 26-Feb-12, 09:18:26 PM »

All is well after territorial dispute
February 26, 2012 - Port Colborne - ADM Mill
Doug Garbutt Reports:

Yesterday while I was having lunch at work I looked up at the monitor &  Buffalo Bill our resident male showed off his jewelery close to the camera. After the fight last Friday I wasn’t 100% sure who was the victor but the falcon got up real close to the camera and sure enough it was 68 over r black over green the resident male Buffalo Bill. He looks no worse for the wear as both legs are working  just fine. The pair are exhibiting courtship behaviour.

(I hope the other tiercel is okay as well.)

good news

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 26-Feb-12, 10:05:49 PM »

phew Was getting worried! Can't they all get along?? I know....

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 29-Feb-12, 07:46:47 PM »

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120229/METRO/202290331/1409/metro/Lady-Gaga-s-memory-lives-Windsor More on Lady Gaga

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 11-May-12, 04:16:37 PM »

DotCa has two new half-siblings as of yesterday.  Mathew has posted a few shots of Jack, TR Mom (the mistress  Wink ) and the two little ones:

http://www.asic.ca/peregrinefalcons/
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 11-May-12, 05:03:08 PM »

DotCa has two new half-siblings as of yesterday.  Mathew has posted a few shots of Jack, TR Mom (the mistress  Wink ) and the two little ones:

http://www.asic.ca/peregrinefalcons/

Someone better tell DC!  2thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 12-May-12, 08:16:44 AM »

http://metronews.ca/news/hamilton/218905/hamilton-aflutter-over-peregrine-falcon-chicks/

Hamilton's 3 chicks and video of Durand.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 14-May-12, 06:02:24 AM »

Well color me stunned this morning.  Received photos of our new offspring this morning with mom and dad...and guess what ..mom is banded black/green.  When did we lose Angel?  I have no idea. 

I never saw any battles and never saw any long absences or 'strange' behaviour.  Jack is easy to ID and he's been reconfirmed as our male.  With 10 x50's you can never see the bands.

The only thing I've noticed is Jack seemed to be spending alot more time here...now we know why.  And this female has produced 4 eyases!  I'm just looking at the photos right now...  surprise surprise surprise
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 14-May-12, 06:05:26 AM »

Well color me stunned this morning.  Received photos of our new offspring this morning with mom and dad...and guess what ..mom is banded black/green.  When did we lose Angel?  I have no idea. 

I never saw any battles and never saw any long absences or 'strange' behaviour.  Jack is easy to ID and he's been reconfirmed as our male.  With 10 x50's you can never see the bands.

The only thing I've noticed is Jack seemed to be spending alot more time here...now we know why.  And this female has produced 4 eyases!  I'm just looking at the photos right now...  surprise surprise surprise

Shocked WHAT?? Oh no, not Angel too!! Wow, when will it end?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 14-May-12, 06:14:39 AM »

I'm still in shock Donna..believe me there isn't enough coffee to help me digest this but the photos they've sent me are quite clear and this girl is banded black/green.

I have been very busy with work so I can't go out as often as I like anymore and I did notice a few subtle things but just shrugged them off because I tend to be the paranoid one that will email Frank and say 'oh my god, that's not Angel' like back in November and he and Tracy would come down with the scope and confirm that yes it was her.  So I just told myself it was me being paranoid and get back to work and dont' worry about it.

It's so sad, she was such a fixture here for so long.  I hope she didn't suffer and I hope she made it somewhere safely but we all know the likelihood of that given she was onsite here as long as Mariah was there so I dont' expect she went quietly into the night.

That being said..I welcome the new girl with open arms, this is how it works in nature and we have four eyases this year..wow.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 14-May-12, 06:18:19 AM »

I'm also cycling through Mariah's girls in my mind since she's black/green...could it be?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: