THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:48:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078602 times)
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: 26-Apr-13, 02:40:36 PM »

!!! Full Clutch!!
April 26, 2013 - Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel
Kathy Reports:

Thank you to Hanny over at BCAW for catching this great photo yesterday of Madame X and Surge’s 4 eggs!!!

bow bow bow bow
That is great!  yahoo

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: 26-Apr-13, 03:01:29 PM »

I am so happy for Madame X and Surge! There was heavy rain yesterday afternoon - not easy weather in which to incubate, but everything looks much better today.

Madame X looks pleased:

Surge takes over:

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: 26-Apr-13, 03:36:49 PM »

Nice pics, Alison!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 26-Apr-13, 04:59:20 PM »

What kind of gravel is that? Not Pea, looks harsh but I guess they have no problem with it.

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 26-Apr-13, 05:06:33 PM »

What kind of gravel is that? Not Pea, looks harsh but I guess they have no problem with it.
Definitely not pea gravel. I don't think this was something which was provided for the peregrines; I think these are just the rocks which had been used to fill the space in the ledges. Some pea gravel would be good, but considering this is Madame X's thirteenth year at the nest, and Surge's eighth, it seems to work for them.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: 26-Apr-13, 05:20:18 PM »

I'm not sure what kind of gravel it is - but it was put in with the assistance of the MNR in 2011 so I'm sure it's safe for them.  They took out the old stuff and power washed the ledge.  The year before the kids showed symptoms of illness so it was decided to clean and replace the gravel on the ledge as it hadn't been done since 2002.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 26-Apr-13, 06:23:42 PM »

I'm not sure what kind of gravel it is - but it was put in with the assistance of the MNR in 2011 so I'm sure it's safe for them.  They took out the old stuff and power washed the ledge.  The year before the kids showed symptoms of illness so it was decided to clean and replace the gravel on the ledge as it hadn't been done since 2002.

Oh it definitely works, just looks a bit jagged! It's all good! Thanks Carly and Alison!  wave

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 30-Apr-13, 01:37:05 PM »

Etobicoke Sun Life Getting Ready
April 30, 2013 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre
Tracy Simpson Reports:

On Sunday, Bruce and I attended the Etobicoke Sun Life nest site to check up on O’Connor and Jack’s progress towards hatching eggs. We travelled back along Eagle Road for a view of the nest tray and we could see that O’Connor was in the tray laying down with her tail braced against the edge and her back feathers somewhat elevated. We decided to take an elevated look to determine whether any of the eggs had hatched yet as she is due any day now.

I found O’Connor in the tray and she was all dreamy faced. She was sleeping for the most part and boy is she ever cute… …when she’s sleeping! She was positioned like a muffin top but not quite the full arch that we saw last year when her first egg had hatched. There was no evidence of a shell or a young one beneath her yet but Bruce and I agree that she is very close. Jack was not in the area at the time and was most likely out on an evening hunt as O’Connor had clearly already eaten. Of course I took a jillion pictures in the hopes of a quick reveal and I was not disappointed when she repositioned. My little superzoom can do some pretty amazing distances. No little heads yet in view but close!!

I will be back to check on the pair again today to see if we have our first hatch at Etobicoke Sun Life.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2013/04/sightings/etobicoke-sun-life-getting-ready/

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 04-May-13, 12:50:37 PM »

Looks Like a Hatch at Etobicoke Sun Life Yesterday May 3rd
May 04, 2013 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre
Tracy Simpson Reports:

A great big thank you and “good job!!” goes out to Kathy for her notice of the change in Jack’s behavior a few days ago and the change in O’Connor’s yesterday.  I travelled out to Eobicoke and went to a higher elevation for a look at whether I could see evidence of a hatch and although I couldn’t see shell fragments or little ones, I am 99.99999% sure a baby came yesterday.  O’Connor was semi standing in the tray and looking sooooooo uncomfortable.  The feathers down her spine were each standing on end and she was in brood mode.  She was not willing to share what she hid beneath her and Jack was definately keeping an eye on me.  He did several silent stealth fly-bys and 4 pigoens decided that it was wise to hide behind me cause I would make a good sheild.  I did manage to get a not so great shot of him as he tried for a sneak up.  (Thanks O’Connor for the heads up that he was coming, I owe you one.)  I will be back to watch for first food in and more hatches here in Etobicoke.  Congratulations Sun Life, I think you’ve got your first hatch!!!!!!!!!!!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 04-May-13, 12:50:58 PM »

MEC Hatching RIGHT NOW!!
May 04, 2013 - Mississauga - Executive Centre
Tracy Simpson Reports:

I opened up the web camera this morning as I knew that Sante and Cass were soooooo due for a hatch.  What a great morning wake up to have the adult stand and move for a moment revealing the four eggs.  I could see something different in the egg at the top of the screen in that it looked to have a pip in it!!  Since then the adult has been standing between the eggs and the camera but definately STANDING.  Babies are coming!!!  Right now!!!!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 04-May-13, 10:04:04 PM »

2thumbsup 2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: 06-May-13, 05:55:30 PM »

First photos of the new hatchlings! Very cute, but still very tiny!!!
May 01, 2013 - Burlington - Lift Bridge
CPF Postmaster Reports:

May 1st - 2013
Shots taken through the nest box peep hole just moments after a feeding today. The young hatchlings are hardly able to keep their tiny heads upright and eyes open (and only for a few seconds), just long enough to take a thimble size portion of food from mom, then back to sleep nestled amongst each other under mom.

Despite the much milder (and MUCH warmer temperatures), Cirrus is still keeping a very tight lid on her new hatchlings! While we highly suspect that all four eggs may have hatched, we can still only confirm three hatchlings. Sleeping where you fall is the order of the day for the young hatchlings :-)
Mom is very quick to keep them all tucked in and covered up.

We’ll all have to wait and see until they get a little older.
Stay tuned………….

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 06-May-13, 06:50:10 PM »

What a sweet pic!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 06-May-13, 08:41:51 PM »

One of my favorite spots to falcon watch!  Congrats to the Burlington Watchers!     yahoo

First photos of the new hatchlings! Very cute, but still very tiny!!!
May 01, 2013 - Burlington - Lift Bridge
CPF Postmaster Reports:

May 1st - 2013
Shots taken through the nest box peep hole just moments after a feeding today. The young hatchlings are hardly able to keep their tiny heads upright and eyes open (and only for a few seconds), just long enough to take a thimble size portion of food from mom, then back to sleep nestled amongst each other under mom.

Despite the much milder (and MUCH warmer temperatures), Cirrus is still keeping a very tight lid on her new hatchlings! While we highly suspect that all four eggs may have hatched, we can still only confirm three hatchlings. Sleeping where you fall is the order of the day for the young hatchlings :-)
Mom is very quick to keep them all tucked in and covered up.

We’ll all have to wait and see until they get a little older.
Stay tuned………….

Peregrines know no borders.....
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 09-May-13, 04:10:05 PM »

King Street

A lot of hunched-over positions here today, but it's difficult to see if hatching might have begun.

Now Windwhistler and Erin are both at the nest.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: