THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 10:48:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 161   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canada Falcons: All but those hatched in Rochester  (Read 1078600 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 09-May-13, 05:23:06 PM »

King Street

Erin and Windwhistler have their first chick!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: 09-May-13, 05:30:07 PM »

clap  Thanks!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 09-May-13, 07:01:48 PM »

hatch1 thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 10-May-13, 04:58:17 PM »

King Street

Still one chick . . . I think. It's really hard to see, even after enhancing the pic.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 13-May-13, 02:46:15 PM »

Another DotCa sibling - from Angel's last brood!!!  

NEW NEST SITE!! Brantford Grace Anglican Church Has a Pair!!
May 13, 2013 - International, National and Local News
Tracy Simpson Reports:

Bruce and I arrived in Brantford at 5pm and headed straight for the church.  As we drove into town, there were very few tall buildings in the area and this section of Brantford is a mix of commercial main street strip stores and residential.  The Grace church is about .5km from the Grand River and is surrounded by houses.  There is a parkette across the street and we set up there.  Pulling up to this church I expected maybe Kestrels and was blown away to find a female peregrine on the back side of the church.  She was roosting on a lower ledge of the bell tower that is a tall square tower.  After 20 minutes she took off to the east and circled back with a male in tow.  The male passed her in the air and reached the tower roof first.  He had food.  She took the food from him and they copulated.  He took off back to the east and out of view.  She flew out and back to the bell tower and ate.  She has a purple USFW on her left leg and has a black over red recovery band reading 32/X.  Her name is Rosie and she is a 2011 hatch from the Macomb County Building in Michigan and is daughter to Nick and Hathor at that site.  I got a shot of them mating and the male had a solid black recovery band on his left leg and silver USFW on the right; Canadian born.  We waited to see what Rosie would do after eating and she flew off to the east after the male.  We walked east into a commercial section of town and found a few more churches and buildings that we scanned.  

We found the male on another church closer to the river and he was soaked.  He must have taken a bath in the shallow section of the river.  We were able to read his band and I photographed it.  It is solid black 50/X and it is Skye, banded in 2010 at Etobicoke Sun Life and is from Angel’s last brood before O’Connor took over the site.  He stayed on the church in the sun drying and we took a look for Rosie but couldn’t find her.  As we were running out of light, we headed down to the river where a local resident said he saw them flying and looked around.  The bridge that spans the Grand River has some amazing recessed areas that could easily be used by nesting peregrines.  The Grace church bell tower is the tallest thing around but they actually can’t get into the open spaces in the tower as its chicken wired from the inside to keep birds out.  The only option would be the roof of the tower.  I can’t say for sure if they are nesting or not but they are definately bonded and copulating.  The focus of their activity appears to be the Grace church.  Bruce and I will go back for a good day of recon before things get really busy and try and figure out where they intend to end up.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 13-May-13, 02:50:17 PM »

Tracy got photos as well!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2013/05/sightings/new-nest-site-brantford-grace-anglican-church-has-a-pair/
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: 13-May-13, 02:55:10 PM »

Wow Wowwee!! How nice!! Thanks

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 13-May-13, 02:57:19 PM »

Oh and...Rosie (his girlfriend) would be a sister to Cass at Mississauga MEC!!  (different year I think)  

Their mother Hathor was born at Cathedral of Learning in 2003 to Dorothy and Erie..so full sibling to Beauty (I missed that the first time around!!!) 

So Beauty's niece is hanging out with DotCa's younger brother..such a small falcon world!
« Last Edit: 13-May-13, 03:15:14 PM by carly » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 14-May-13, 08:54:20 AM »

!!! A great photo of Holcim’s new family members!
May 13, 2013 - Mississauga - Holcim

Mark Nash Reports:

May 13th - 2013
A huge thank you to Armando for sending us these most recent photos of Holcim’s newest family members.
While I have been away in northern Ontario for the past 9 nine weeks, allot has been happening during my absence.
Some great shots arrived this morning that tell the story.
Armando writes:
Hi Mark,
Just a quick note to confirm (I think) from this image that we have 4 chicks. From the best that I can see in the pic looks like 4 little bodies.
We are monitoring them daily.

Enjoy
Armando

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: 14-May-13, 11:09:38 AM »

Oh and...Rosie (his girlfriend) would be a sister to Cass at Mississauga MEC!!  (different year I think)  

Their mother Hathor was born at Cathedral of Learning in 2003 to Dorothy and Erie..so full sibling to Beauty (I missed that the first time around!!!) 

So Beauty's niece is hanging out with DotCa's younger brother..such a small falcon world!
  That is so cool!  And I see that Skye has a very well defined heart "moustache," just like his brother DotCa.   happy

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 14-May-13, 07:15:07 PM »

If anyone is curious about what Beauty's older sister Hathor  ...there is a Facebook page for the Southeast Michigan Falcons.  Tell me this face doesn't look familiar!

Hathor:

Facebook Site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peregrine-Falcons-Southeast-Michigan/164682993603101?hc_location=timeline
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 14-May-13, 07:26:53 PM »

If anyone is curious about what Beauty's older sister Hathor  ...there is a Facebook page for the Southeast Michigan Falcons.  Tell me this face doesn't look familiar!

Hathor:

Just as an aside...Macomb County was where M&K's Ihteram (2005) was believed to be nesting a few years ago. The church spire she was seen in was boarded up the following year and I haven't seen any reports about her since then. I'll have to check out their page and see if she's been seen again!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: 14-May-13, 07:37:52 PM »

Cool-all of it!   clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 14-May-13, 07:44:43 PM »

Hathor:

Just as an aside...Macomb County was where M&K's Ihteram (2005) was believed to be nesting a few years ago. The church spire she was seen in was boarded up the following year and I haven't seen any reports about her since then. I'll have to check out their page and see if she's been seen again!

I check frequently and have never seen a post about her being seen after that year.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: 14-May-13, 07:52:20 PM »

I check frequently and have never seen a post about her being seen after that year.

I know, but their reporting was pretty sketchy for a while

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 161   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: