THE FORUM

20-Sep-24, 04:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mapping the Kodak Park falcon watch  (Read 10821 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« on: 18-Sep-10, 01:48:00 PM »

OK-I've been noting the locations of some watches & put some markers on the map.  Hoping you all can help me move them where they really belong.

Far left marker=Weiland and Latona   Lower marker=Weiland & Ridgeway

Stacks?=the only stacks I can spot visible from Weiland-  Street view cuts off just at the edge of the Kodak buildings 

And an overview of the whole scene...

Green markers=A&B territory
Pink markers=Mariah sightings last year
Blue markers=PPE & SPE recent sightings

Kodak Park is WAY bigger than I realized.  I suppose Mariah could conceivably still be in the eastern section from the river to the bay...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 18-Sep-10, 02:49:36 PM »

Those are the stacks.

Kodak Park is 5-10x the size of A&B's territory.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-Sep-10, 06:59:55 PM »

Thanks Shaky. 

Where are the birds hanging out, relative to the stacks?  And where are the watchers hanging out, both before and after booting by Kodak?

Thanks!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-Sep-10, 08:33:05 PM »

Ei if you look at the first map Shaky has on his post I can try to explain. Follow Weiland Rd. from the right side of the map down to the bend in front of the stacks. Joyce and Kathy were parked right on that bend when security and police kicked us out. There are several metal stacks behind there and both PPE and SPE were on separate stacks that day. Today SPE was on the middle rail of 1 of the 2 larger stacks that are like the stacks at Kodak office near the high falls area. If you find McNaughton Blvd. on the map where it meets Weiland Rd. there's a parking lot and then buildings to the left where PPE has been spotted several times. Now if you find the blue marker on the left side of the map that's where Carol and I got kicked out of last week. Now find Ridgeway Ave where Weiland Rd. meets it. Across Ridgeway Ave. on the bottom of the map is a parking lot where we've been watching from since we got the boot from Kodak property. Hope you understand my explanation.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-Sep-10, 08:56:08 PM »

Ei if you look at the first map Shaky has on his post I can try to explain. Follow Weiland Rd. from the right side of the map down to the bend in front of the stacks. Joyce and Kathy were parked right on that bend when security and police kicked us out. There are several metal stacks behind there and both PPE and SPE were on separate stacks that day. Today SPE was on the middle rail of 1 of the 2 larger stacks that are like the stacks at Kodak office near the high falls area. If you find McNaughton Blvd. on the map where it meets Weiland Rd. there's a parking lot and then buildings to the left where PPE has been spotted several times. Now if you find the blue marker on the left side of the map that's where Carol and I got kicked out of last week. Now find Ridgeway Ave where Weiland Rd. meets it. Across Ridgeway Ave. on the bottom of the map is a parking lot where we've been watching from since we got the boot from Kodak property. Hope you understand my explanation.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-Sep-10, 09:03:48 PM »

frog    Hey Donna I didn't use north,south,east or west just for you!!!    harhar rofl

-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-Sep-10, 09:10:39 PM »

Hope you understand my explanation.

Yup-I've been trying to mark where you've been talking about as the story unfolds.  Here's the link to the actual map.  Which of the red markers is the PPE building cluster?  And you (or someone) mentioned a building with a blue stripe (I think).  Where is that one?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-Sep-10, 09:17:33 PM »

frog    Hey Donna I didn't use north,south,east or west just for you!!!    harhar rofl

It was easier to follow looking at the Map...thanks Ei and thanks MAK-ster. That is a BIG place for sure.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-Sep-10, 09:22:59 PM »

The red marker on the right is the cluster that PPE has been spotted on several times. In front of and to the left of the smoke stacks is the blue building with the black stripe.

-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-Sep-10, 09:26:44 PM »

The red marker on the right is the cluster that PPE has been spotted on several times. In front of and to the left of the smoke stacks is the blue building with the black stripe.

OK-I'll fix it.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-Sep-10, 09:49:54 PM »

One more correction on the map. The first blue marker on the left side of the map needs to be moved to the road up and to the right that says kodak park. Just before the bend it's blocked off and that's where Carol and I got kicked out last week. There's a little white out building there and that's where the security guard was stationed.

-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-Sep-10, 09:53:02 PM »

One more correction on the map. The first blue marker on the left side of the map needs to be moved to the road up and to the right that says kodak park. Just before the bend it's blocked off and that's where Carol and I got kicked out last week. There's a little white out building there and that's where the security guard was stationed.

Will do!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-Sep-10, 10:18:54 PM »

Will do!

Also, this is the main entrance to this particular complex.

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19-Sep-10, 05:53:54 PM »

Here's some pics from MAK of the KP area:

This is lot 77 at Kodak Park off of Ridgeway Ave.
To the right of the tall stack are 4 silver stack type structures. PPE and SPE land on the railings of these.

Blue building with the black horizontal stripe across the middle of it on the left
2 tall stacks -left one covered by steam
To the left of the right stack it looks like big duct work connecting to it that's the area where they have been hanging out most today. Possible nest site

This pic taken from Ridgeway Ave. where it meets McLaughlin rd.(also KP property)
This cluster of buildings is where PPE was spotted by watchers in the past couple weeks.

Thanks MAK, what a very busy place. Lots of thingies to hide in too!  clap

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 19-Sep-10, 09:15:27 PM »

I believe the blue building is a power plant.

What is it with falcons and power plants?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: