THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 03:18:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest  (Read 69240 times)
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 18-Nov-09, 09:39:26 PM »

It's great that you were able to get up to the Lennox station and let us know what sort of area Quest was living in.  I'm sure that you will be able to find her some day.  In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Paul

(Any weekend with 27 red-yailed hawks, 1 juvenile bald eagle, 2 kestrels, and 3 GIANT field crows can't be all bad!)
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18-Nov-09, 10:28:15 PM »

You guys are awesome for trying. The lady is just being coy.
Dawn
Eyas

Like Count: 63

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19-Nov-09, 01:52:33 PM »

I'm sure you will not stop taking these little weekend jaunts until Quest is found! (Except for maybe a winter break)!!!!!!!!  rofl rofl lol tired

"Those who believe a dog has no soul, have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd."

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19-Nov-09, 02:03:37 PM »

(Any weekend with 27 red-yailed hawks, 1 juvenile bald eagle, 2 kestrels, and 3 GIANT field crows can't be all bad!)

WAIT 'TIL YOU SEE THESE GIANT FILED CROWS!
Dawn
Eyas

Like Count: 63

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19-Nov-09, 02:21:30 PM »

Where are these crows filed? HA-HA just making fun of your spelling!!

Seriously, though, how do these compare with just a "regular" crow besides size? Any differences, except for one likes to hang out in fields? I don't know too much about crows.   tired  laugh

"Those who believe a dog has no soul, have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd."

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 19-Nov-09, 02:50:02 PM »

I assume that the birds in Van Gough's Wheat Field with Crows are, by definition, Field Crows.  I especially like the way the wings go.

Paul
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 19-Nov-09, 07:04:07 PM »

Oh, these Field Crows were humongous! tremendous! stupendous!   scared blue Shocked tired crazy

Peregrines know no borders.....
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 19-Nov-09, 07:09:42 PM »

Where are these crows filed? HA-HA just making fun of your spelling!!

Seriously, though, how do these compare with just a "regular" crow besides size? Any differences, except for one likes to hang out in fields? I don't know too much about crows.   tired  laugh

We couldn't get close enough to these crows to actually judge their size, but they were big.  From a distance we could see one with it's beak open, and one with its beak to the ground.  The other was looking around.  We were driving at the time, and couldn't believe the size, so we traveled down the highway, turned around and went back to see if we could get some pictures.

Suzanne may be a better person to make a crow comparison.  We know Suzanne will find these interesting.

Joyce
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 20-Nov-09, 01:22:50 PM »

Ravens? They are bigger than crows by 6+ inches in length and bulkier.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 20-Nov-09, 07:05:14 PM »

Scroll down to the bottom of this page link to see the ravens ( huge  Shocked) that took over a peregrine falcon nest in Edmonton until the migrating falcons came home and drove them out, was quite the drama for several weeks!  We named the ravens George and Weezie  :Smiley

http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/projects/pfrp/forum/programs/index.php/topic,691.0.html
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 20-Nov-09, 07:18:59 PM »

Scroll down to the bottom of this page link to see the ravens ( huge  Shocked) that took over a peregrine falcon nest in Edmonton until the migrating falcons came home and drove them out, was quite the drama for several weeks!  We named the ravens George and Weezie  :Smiley

http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/projects/pfrp/forum/programs/index.php/topic,691.0.html

I so remember the drama with the Ravens Vs Peregrines. That poor nest sure had it's up and downs.

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 20-Nov-09, 08:32:47 PM »

And, in the meantime, Quest has flown west across Lake Ontario to a what seems to be a water treatment plant just south of Mississauga.  That's about 150 miles.

http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?page_id=737

Paul
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 20-Nov-09, 08:35:07 PM »

And, in the meantime, Quest has flown west across Lake Ontario to a what seems to be a water treatment plant just south of Mississauga.  That's about 150 miles.

Paul

WOW....what is she up to?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 20-Nov-09, 08:54:46 PM »

Very interesting indeed...she's skirted the nest sites in Mississauga.  If she stays near the lake by the time any of the existing falcons spotted her she would be well out of harms way...she's a smart girl that one  thumbsup  

« Last Edit: 20-Nov-09, 09:05:39 PM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 21-Nov-09, 05:52:51 PM »

Paul

She's been out that way a couple of times, but she's back at Lennox as of yesterday. 

Makes you wonder what lures her west (probably a flock of birds) and what lures her back to where she started.  Not quite as dramatic as her trip from Cape Cod to New Jersey and back last year, but a similar pattern.  Interesting since she doesn't have a firmly established "territory" quite yet.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: