THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 02:56:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a falcon?  (Read 12743 times)
Jryan
Big Clutch

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07-Sep-09, 10:39:41 AM »

I can't thank you all, enough for your help! You are a great group and I am so glad I became a member, again. When Kodak first started the webcam with Maraih many years ago I was on frequently, but over the last few years, I got busy with 3 grandkids in 5 years. Priorities have to change, one being on the computer much less than I was.
I will definatey come in here, though.
Thanks again for all your help.
Judy
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-Sep-09, 10:50:58 AM »

Judi-who was it who described a red tail as looking like a white football from the front when it perches on a pole?  Was it Siobhan?  Anyway, she's where I learned about the patagial markings...

Yep, it sure was Siobhan!  There is still a beginning birding tip sheet posted in the KFalconCam files section from her that I posted there 4 years ago...can you believe it? 

Hmmm...I think I need to email her and see how she is doing...   wave

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-Sep-09, 05:00:09 PM »

But there are those Red-tails that pretend to be Peregrines.  Landing on Lilies meant as a hunting/resting spot for a very special Tiercel.  Sitting on antennas that a Queen sat on just a couple of weeks ago.  Flying around a Peregrine's gorge dangling a foot, mimicking an old injury.  Landing on gorge walls, cooling in the same spray meant for royalty.   falcon2

Peregrines know no borders.....
Helen in MD
Eyas

Like Count: 76

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15-Sep-09, 05:16:55 PM »

A couple of other clues...if it's sitting on a pole, it's likely a red tail-it's their favorite hunting perch.
Likely but not absolutely!  The last peregrine I saw was sitting on top of a pole eating its supper. falcon falcon 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15-Sep-09, 06:18:44 PM »

But there are those Red-tails that pretend to be Peregrines.  Landing on Lilies meant as a hunting/resting spot for a very special Tiercel.  Sitting on antennas that a Queen sat on just a couple of weeks ago.  Flying around a Peregrine's gorge dangling a foot, mimicking an old injury.  Landing on gorge walls, cooling in the same spray meant for royalty.   falcon2

The NERVE of that red-tail! HUMMPH! He'd better watch out or he'll be lunch...and dinner!  spaghetti spaghetti

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #20 on: 15-Sep-09, 07:19:33 PM »

The NERVE of that red-tail! HUMMPH! He'd better watch out or he'll be lunch...and dinner!  spaghetti spaghetti

No Redtail is as messy when "dining" as my family!   clap We are such Happy Slobs!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: