THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 11:17:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 204   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1212116 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: 26-May-11, 09:06:28 PM »

Sad    After all those hours of sitting, it has to be heartbreaking for Beauty.   The way she is looking at the egg looks sad.

And still she sits...keeping her eggs dry from the rain...I'm not giving up until Beauty does...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: 26-May-11, 09:10:47 PM »

Phooey!  Looks like another one broken.

Well, if a reclutch is possible, I believe the current clutch needs to be gone first

Poor Beauty and Archer and Unity.  This weather has been awful   Think sunshine and warmth!
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 26-May-11, 09:13:33 PM »

Sad    After all those hours of sitting, it has to be heartbreaking for Beauty.   The way she is looking at the egg looks sad.

And still she sits...keeping her eggs dry from the rain...I'm not giving up until Beauty does...

so many lessons to be learned from these birds.  Don't you wish the rest of the world could look in?
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: 26-May-11, 09:22:55 PM »

Phooey!  Looks like another one broken.

Well, if a reclutch is possible, I believe the current clutch needs to be gone first

I believe you are correct Ei. So, if there is hope for a 2nd clutch and the last egg is not viable, it's better if they go quickly.  Crossing fingers for a 2nd clutch.  That will be a new one for us.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
brobeta
Pipping

Like Count: 7

Backyard bird watching at its best!

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 26-May-11, 09:38:17 PM »

Any sign of Unity brooding at KP?  If not could the DEC  or someone in authority go get those two eggs and substitute them for these two?  Since B & A are certainly attentive to this NB and there appears to be little evidence of Unity knowing what to do at her early age.  My guess is B & A would continue to incubate the eggs from KP - esp if they could be quickly exchanged.  Far fetched ?????
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: 26-May-11, 09:52:43 PM »

Any sign of Unity brooding at KP?  If not could the DEC  or someone in authority go get those two eggs and substitute them for these two?  Since B & A are certainly attentive to this NB and there appears to be little evidence of Unity knowing what to do at her early age.  My guess is B & A would continue to incubate the eggs from KP - esp if they could be quickly exchanged.  Far fetched ?????
Not far fetched per se...egg fostering is a known and successful technique...but I think there are probably too many variables.  Are Unity's eggs fertile?  Are they still viable after sitting in the (probably hot) pigeon poo?  We don't know for absolute sure yet that all these eggs are non-viable.  Would Beauty continue to brood them?  Or would end-of-season hormones take over and she'd stop tending to the nest box?  What if she does re-clutch on her own? 

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 26-May-11, 10:02:45 PM »

Not far fetched per se...egg fostering is a known and successful technique...but I think there are probably too many variables.  Are Unity's eggs fertile?  Are they still viable after sitting in the (probably hot) pigeon poo?  We don't know for absolute sure yet that all these eggs are non-viable.  Would Beauty continue to brood them?  Or would end-of-season hormones take over and she'd stop tending to the nest box?  What if she does re-clutch on her own? 

I think, Ei, that you raise valid questions about the egg transfer, and we are all probably  fantasizing about a possible egg transfer/successful hatch here.   
IMHO I don't think this would translate well, but do we wish it could?  Yes! I wish it could be so.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: 26-May-11, 10:32:56 PM »

(movie)

OK...it is SOOO against the odds that I don't even want to say anything...but Beauty is behaving like there's a hatch happening...

Probably wishful thinking, but...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: 26-May-11, 10:38:52 PM »

OK...must go to bed...praying to find a miracle in the morning...

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 26-May-11, 11:18:36 PM »

so many lessons to be learned from these birds.  Don't you wish the rest of the world could look in?

The rest of the world can and is looking in! We are witnessing nature at it's rawest and...we are learning!  educated

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: 26-May-11, 11:21:33 PM »

Poor egg! Feel bad for them.

rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: 26-May-11, 11:59:30 PM »

So hoped someone would come back and say "Oh sometimes a viable egg will do that".
Hope in the morning we will see a ball of fluff.
Rita
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: 27-May-11, 06:03:19 AM »

No ball of fluff Rita but the egg is changing shape now. I'm sure Beauty will remove that one also. Archer on his way in.
The egg must be pretty soft to do that.
Archer

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 27-May-11, 10:22:13 AM »

egg fragments?

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile