THE FORUM

30-Apr-24, 06:59:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1322546 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: 27-Jul-13, 10:59:23 AM »

Only 2 candles lit for poor Kendal.  Sad

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Q%26K

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: 27-Jul-13, 11:17:04 AM »

Not anymore...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: 27-Jul-13, 11:19:30 AM »

« Last Edit: 27-Jul-13, 11:24:42 AM by Joyce » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: 27-Jul-13, 11:54:23 AM »

2thumbsup

schlaf374
Juvie

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: 27-Jul-13, 12:29:44 PM »

I usually light candles every day. Because I have many to pray for, not just certain individuals I use the RFC link. Much easier than trying to choose 5 out of many!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=RFC
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: 27-Jul-13, 12:31:07 PM »

Thanks for the reminder Kris.  Might have forgotten to relight the candle but have definitely not forgotten Kendal!   happy

ps:  Don't know if you saw Tracy's post on the extent of our Lizzie's injuries and her amazing recovery but it's a good read.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2013/07/sightings/the-story-of-lizzy-an-amazing-success-story/
« Last Edit: 27-Jul-13, 12:44:44 PM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: 27-Jul-13, 02:30:50 PM »

I usually light candles every day. Because I have many to pray for, not just certain individuals I use the RFC link. Much easier than trying to choose 5 out of many!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=RFC

That is where I usually keep several lit for all "our" birds...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: 27-Jul-13, 02:33:28 PM »

Thanks for the reminder Kris.  Might have forgotten to relight the candle but have definitely not forgotten Kendal!   happy

ps:  Don't know if you saw Tracy's post on the extent of our Lizzie's injuries and her amazing recovery but it's a good read.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2013/07/sightings/the-story-of-lizzy-an-amazing-success-story/

I did read that!  An amazing recovery for sure!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: 27-Jul-13, 02:59:20 PM »

Another bird visited the juvie while she was perched...no idea who or what ...

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: 29-Jul-13, 10:27:52 PM »

Quest was in the nest box today, when another bird came flying in. These pics are from between 2:30 p.m and 3 p.m. EST.

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: 30-Jul-13, 02:41:13 PM »

The new male was back at the nest again today; will try to post pics later. Have been offline for some time due to the aftermath of devastating floods in the area where I live, so I am way behind with what has been happening.

From the Canadian Peregrine Foundation site today:

Quest has a new boyfriend

July 30, 2013 - Toronto - Don Mills

Marion Nash Reports:

CPF volunteer Bruce Massey has been keeping an eye on the family to make sure Quest is managing to keep up with the needs of her kids without Kendal and has discovered today that Quest has a new suitor.

Bruce was able to confirm by the band number 50 over X that the new male is Skye produced at the Etobicoke Bloor and Islington nest in 2011 and is on site courting her.

We are still not sure weather Kendal will ever recover well enough to be released back to the wild but we certainly never expected him to be replaced so soon.

We will be keeping an eye on the site to make sure that this years offspring are doing ok and will keep you posted on how they are doing and on the budding new romance.

Is there any more news of Kendal?
valhalla
« Reply #2891 on: 30-Jul-13, 02:43:12 PM »

You go, Girl!  Hope she isn't too fussy this time around.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: 30-Jul-13, 02:58:50 PM »

!!! Quest has a new boyfriend
July 30, 2013 - Toronto - Don Mills

Marion Nash Reports:

CPF volunteer Bruce Massey has been keeping an eye on the family to make sure Quest is managing to keep up with the needs of her kids without Kendal and has discovered today that Quest has a new suetier.

Bruce was able to confirm by the band number 50 over X that the new male is Skye produced at the Etobicoke Bloor and Islington nest in 2011 and is on site courting her.

We are still not sure weather Kendal will ever recover well enough to be released back to the wild but we certainly never expected him to be replaced so soon.

We will be keeping an eye on the site to make sure that this years offspring are doing ok and will keep you posted on how they are doing and on the budding new romance.

Sad  Poor Kendal

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: 30-Jul-13, 03:16:03 PM »

I believe Skye is Dot.ca's brother.  He was almost as quick as Dot.ca was at replacing an injured male! 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: 30-Jul-13, 04:21:14 PM »

I believe Skye is Dot.ca's brother.  He was almost as quick as Dot.ca was at replacing an injured male! 

That's correct Patsy. 

Skye was from Angel and Jack's last brood. 

Also of note, Skye was observed mating with Beauty's niece in May of this year.  Carly posted the family connection on Rosie on BCAW in May.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2013/05/sightings/new-nest-site-brantford-grace-anglican-church-has-a-pair/

NEW NEST SITE?? Brantford Grace Anglican Church Has a territorial Pair!!
May 13, 2013 - International, National and Local News

Tracy Simpson Reports:

A huge thank you to Doug Smith for finding us and giving us some great observation reports that allowed us to do a follow-up on his report of territorial peregrine activity in Brantford Ontario. Thanks Doug, Well done!! Bruce and I arrived in Brantford at 5pm and headed straight for the church.  As we drove into town, there were very few tall buildings in the area and this section of Brantford is a mix of commercial main street strip stores and residential.  The Grace church is about .5km from the Grand River and is surrounded by houses.  There is a parkette across the street and we set up there.  Pulling up to this church I expected maybe Kestrels and was blown away to find a female peregrine on the back side of the church.  She was roosting on a lower ledge of the bell tower that is a tall square tower.  After 20 minutes she took off to the east and circled back with a male in tow.  The male passed her in the air and reached the tower roof first.  He had food.  She took the food from him and they copulated.  He took off back to the east and out of view.  She flew out and back to the bell tower and ate.  She has a purple USFW on her left leg and has a black over red recovery band reading 32/X.  Her name is Rosie and she is a 2011 hatch from the Macomb County Building in Michigan and is daughter to Nick and Hathor at that site.  I got a shot of them mating and the male had a solid black recovery band on his left leg and silver USFW on the right; Canadian born.  We waited to see what Rosie would do after eating and she flew off to the east after the male.  We walked east into a commercial section of town and found a few more churches and buildings that we scanned.  We found the male on another church closer to the river and he was soaked.  He must have taken a bath in the shallow section of the river.  We were able to read his band and I photographed it.  It is solid black 50/X and it is Skye, banded in 2010 at Etobicoke Sun Life and is from Angel’s last brood before O’Connor took over the site.  He stayed on the church in the sun drying and we took a look for Rosie but couldn’t find her.  As we were running out of light, we headed down to the river where a local resident said he saw them flying and looked around.  The bridge that spans the Grand River has some amazing recessed areas that could easily be used by nesting peregrines.  The Grace church bell tower is the tallest thing around but they actually can’t get into the open spaces in the tower as its chicken wired from the inside to keep birds out.  The only option would be the roof of the tower.  I can’t say for sure if they are nesting or not but they are definately bonded and copulating.  The focus of their activity appears to be the Grace church.  Bruce and I will go back for a good day of recon before things get really busy and try and figure out where they intend to end up.

Carly's note on Rosie from BCAW forum:

Did you see my news about Beauty's niece pairing up with DC's brother from 2 years ago? Skye was from 2011 and is with Rosie who is Nick and Hathor's daughter from Michigan. Hathor is Beauty's full sister from 2003! What are the odds that would happen? I put it under Etobicoke since Skye was Jack and Angel's from her last brood with us.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: