THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 03:30:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309782 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: 30-Jul-13, 04:35:22 PM »

Yep.  Looks like Skye may be another two-timer like his dad and his brother. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: 30-Jul-13, 04:56:16 PM »

I was just looking at distance between sites.  If the Quest is at Harlequin on Duncan Mill Rd, North York, ON, looks to be over an hour drive time, 70+ miles between sites, so I don't think he is a two-timer.

I may have the wrong location for Quest, so I'm sure someone who is more familiar with the area can confirm.

So, now I wonder what happened to Rosie?
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: 30-Jul-13, 04:58:10 PM »

Oh wow, probably not then.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: 30-Jul-13, 05:05:02 PM »

!!! Kendal Update
July 29, 2013 - Toronto - Don Mills
CPF Postmaster Reports:

July 29th - 2013

We have just received an update on Kendal as of July 29th-2013

Kendal’s doing fine as of date. Both eating well and holding his weight and still receiving medication for pain management and to prevent Aspergillosis (not uncommon in captivity if peregrines are under stress). He still has the wing wrap on, and he’ll have it on for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Kendal is being housed in a room by himself to minimize stress and keep things as quiet as possible for him.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: 30-Jul-13, 05:09:48 PM »

I was just looking at distance between sites.  If the Quest is at Harlequin on Duncan Mill Rd, North York, ON, looks to be over an hour drive time, 70+ miles between sites, so I don't think he is a two-timer.

I may have the wrong location for Quest, so I'm sure someone who is more familiar with the area can confirm.

So, now I wonder what happened to Rosie?

You are correct. Brantford is on the west side of Hamilton/Kitchener/Waterloo where Quest is on the east side of Toronto. I don't see that there was a nest found, so he could have just been passing through in the spring. We shall see...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: 30-Jul-13, 05:12:00 PM »

He'd have to be Houdini to dual nest in this situation given the distance.  Likely they had a failed nest or the site wasn't conducive to nesting so he moved on.  Rosie could also have been with him as well but perhaps didn't want to challenge Quest or she got shown the door. Remember Q&K moved around quite a bit before they finally picked this location - not unusual for first time nesters.

I was watching the cam on Sunday with Birdlover and I saw some fly-bys and suggested Quest might have a suitor but we couldn't be sure because it was so fast.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: 30-Jul-13, 06:57:32 PM »

Wow so much going on up there in Canada when things should be winding down!  Roll Eyes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: 30-Jul-13, 09:09:43 PM »

I have had no luck lately lighting candles for Kendal. When I light the first one and then go back to candles to do another, it takes me to the whole list instead of just Q & K.  Worse, when I try it again from the original bookmark, I find that my candle was not counted. Anybody else having trouble with this site?

Dot in PA
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: 30-Jul-13, 09:14:13 PM »

I have had no luck lately lighting candles for Kendal. When I light the first one and then go back to candles to do another, it takes me to the whole list instead of just Q & K.  Worse, when I try it again from the original bookmark, I find that my candle was not counted. Anybody else having trouble with this site?

Dot in PA

It seems to do that every so often...No rhyme or reason. It's usually back to normal in the morning. If it works for me tonight I'll add an extra for you.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: 30-Jul-13, 09:19:23 PM »

Dot in PA

It seems to do that every so often...No rhyme or reason. It's usually back to normal in the morning. If it works for me tonight I'll add an extra for you.

extra one lit

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: 30-Jul-13, 09:52:27 PM »

Thanks for lighting me a candle. It's probably silly and not at all logical but lighting a candle makes me feel like I'm helping Kendal heal.

Dot in PA
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: 30-Jul-13, 09:54:59 PM »

Pics from around 2 p.m. EST today. Skye is not the least bit shy about approaching the nest box. He seems really interested in Quest - but what about Kendal, and the juvies?

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: 30-Jul-13, 09:57:26 PM »

!!! Kendal Update
July 29, 2013 - Toronto - Don Mills
CPF Postmaster Reports:

July 29th - 2013

We have just received an update on Kendal as of July 29th-2013

Kendal’s doing fine as of date. Both eating well and holding his weight and still receiving medication for pain management and to prevent Aspergillosis (not uncommon in captivity if peregrines are under stress). He still has the wing wrap on, and he’ll have it on for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Kendal is being housed in a room by himself to minimize stress and keep things as quiet as possible for him.
Thank you for posting this update, Dumpsterkitty. It sounds encouraging; I hope Kendal will heal quickly and be able to be released.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: 30-Jul-13, 10:35:26 PM »

" Have been offline for some time due to the aftermath of devastating floods in the area where I live, so I am way behind with what has been happening."

So sorry Alison-I hope you made out ok. Welcome back!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: 31-Jul-13, 10:41:21 PM »

Saw this on fb, it's that Skye dude as it was posted.... On Quests corner across the street!

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: