THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 11:34:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1317233 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 22-Apr-11, 10:03:49 PM »

Thank you, Tracy and everyone for doing this!  I got teary when I read that she was looking for something familiar.  Sweet baby!  It's interesting that Kendal is unsure of what to do.  Ahem, we did see that last year with a falcon we know here  happy

There is something about Quest-- she has just garnered attention everywhere she has gone.  So glad that now she has arrived home heart heart

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 22-Apr-11, 10:04:46 PM »

All I can say is "BLESS YOU CPF and company"  crying crying crying crying crying

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 22-Apr-11, 10:05:28 PM »

Now that made me cry!  Tears of happiness!   crying

I am so glad that Quest is going into momma-mode.  Kendal will catch on quick.  Remember Archer when the first egg hatched?  He just looked and circled and looked and wondered how his red little egg turned into a squirmy white creature that shouted at him.   laugh

It's a flood here too Carol and it didn't rain!  crying

Hahahaha!  We may need to build an ark.   Wink

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 22-Apr-11, 11:10:07 PM »

CPF update just went up  thumbsup  Excellent post by Tracy detailing everything we wanted to know, wow...!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/04/sightings/update-for-quest-and-kendal/

What a fantastic detailed report!! Kudos to everyone who made this all possible for Quest and Kendal!

rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 22-Apr-11, 11:34:46 PM »

This is Great News. Never thought it could be pulled off especially after the first egg.
Too all involved THANK YOU. You did good.
BIGFRANK
« Reply #215 on: 22-Apr-11, 11:37:07 PM »

Latest CPF Post
Kendal’s Banding Day 2009
April 22, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Frank Butson Reports:
Here is a link to a short video clip of Kendal being banded at 18 King St in downtown Toronto. Marion Nash,of CPF is recording information in the video,while Mark Heaton from the Ministry of Natural Resources bands Kendal. Enjoy!

Kendal Gets Banded.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 22-Apr-11, 11:48:32 PM »

Latest CPF Post
Kendal’s Banding Day 2009
April 22, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Frank Butson Reports:
Here is a link to a short video clip of Kendal being banded at 18 King St in downtown Toronto. Marion Nash,of CPF is recording information in the video,while Mark Heaton from the Ministry of Natural Resources bands Kendal. Enjoy!

Kendal Gets Banded.

Thank you BIGFRANK, that was cute. What a squawker!

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 23-Apr-11, 12:03:33 AM »

Rochester Falcon Quest getting banded

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: 23-Apr-11, 12:06:12 AM »

she's a squirmer AND a squawker. Thanks, Jeanne and BigFrank!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 23-Apr-11, 12:10:54 AM »

Thank you jeanne!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 23-Apr-11, 12:37:03 AM »

Just curious you say Quest was a big girl. Was she bigger than Callidora? (cause Calli seemed huge)
anneintoronto
« Reply #221 on: 23-Apr-11, 01:45:11 AM »

Obviously not news, but a good photo and nice write-up in the Toronto Star...  I'm glad that things seem to be going smoother now.  Hard start for new parents!  Can't but wish Quest and Kendal all the best!!

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/979179--harlequin-falcons-settle-into-love-nest?bn=1

Anne in Toronto
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 23-Apr-11, 01:52:44 AM »

good news    Boy did I miss alot today! Such a great job by EVERYONE involved! I really can't wait to go to Toronto on Monday and see our  star STAR  star and her marvelous mate!!!   the_wave Thank you,thank you, thank you!!!  heart  clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #223 on: 23-Apr-11, 05:45:09 AM »

Wonderful news!   clap

I can't help but wonder just how LITTLE we know about these birds.  Take Quest for example, she flies to the Vineyard, spends the winter on the Cape, makes a quick trip to NJ, heads back east for a bit, goes "home" to Lake Ontario, spends time window shopping around the Lake, and ends up on the other side of the Lake from "home".  She really didn't wander very far, nor very much, as she ended up pretty much not to farm from where she started.  As for Kendal, he grew up just down the road!  Toss Rhea Mae into the mix, too.  Fascinating!   nerd
BIGFRANK
« Reply #224 on: 23-Apr-11, 07:45:57 AM »

Hi Janet,Peregrine's certainly are amazing. Peregrine means wanderer. Over the course of 5 years,CPF satellite tracked Peregrines. Some never left the general area they began in,others flew all the way to Columbia and back to Toronto. Most birds of prey wont fly over huge bodies of water,so we couldnt figure out how our Peregrines were sending hits back,from out in the ocean around the gulf area. We later learned they were landing on oil rigs to hopscotch across. Tracking,webcameras and whatever new technologies are to come continuously teach us more and more. Its what makes it all so fascinating. If you and others,have time have a look at CPFs Project Trackem.
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/trackem.html
Did you realize Mark Nash of CPF was in Rochester to help the team attach Quests tracking device? Just one more great connection CPF and the "Rochester gang" have.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: