THE FORUM

17-Apr-24, 11:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1316591 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: 26-Apr-11, 03:57:18 PM »

A new update has been posted.
With pics!!

AWWW!!!!!  wub2  wub2

heart I know right  heart

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: 26-Apr-11, 05:10:37 PM »

Great report and pictures.  I am sooooo glad there are only two eggs.  Totally manageable for first time parents.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 26-Apr-11, 05:35:04 PM »

Thanks so much Donna for giving Suzanne this wonderful news!   clap

I sent Suzanne more links today about Quest and she responded. She really is thrilled.

Hi Donna,

Thank you so very much again! I sent the links out the teachers who have those children currently in their classroom. The children were in first and second grade then and are now in fourth and fifth grade! I asked that their teachers would share about QUEST with them. I am thrilled to find out what has been going on with QUEST. It is so amazing and thrilling to hear about. I have always hoped to hear that she mated! I am so excited for the group who is going to see her. How lucky they are indeed! I so appreciate you taking the time to write to me. That day back in 2008 when we were invited to the banding and then to name one of the eyases was the happiest, most wonderful day of my career. I will never forget it!

Suzanne

I think a response like this, really highlights the importance of the efforts of all involved.  It will be interesting to see/hear about the follow-up via those students and FUTURE students via Suzanne because of this follow-up.  Love it!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 26-Apr-11, 05:46:24 PM »

We have only one BOX in Toronto. All are well protected. There is a lip above the nest-tray(small windowledge) and also a "roof" above(overhang from above it that covers the whole ledge) We have similar sites with very similar trays that are just fine and very successful,with the same exposure.

It was raining quite heavily yesterday afternoon and the ledge on which the nest tray is located on the south side of the building, stayed dry.  It's a wonderful location for Quest & Kendal to raise their first family and the Harlequin folks are Q&K's guardian angels.  While we were in the room watching Q&K, there was a steady flow of people that work for Harlequin streaming in and out of the room.  There is a scope set-up for easier viewing and the excited babble was a joy to hear.  They had many questions which we (the Rochester Watchers: Kathy O, Joyce, MAK & Carol P) and the CPF members were more than happy to answer.

They are so incredibly happy to have Q&K nesting across the street.  We all thank them for their very generous hospitality.  We will definitely be back!

Carol P.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 26-Apr-11, 05:54:47 PM »

Hi everyone!  Carol P, Kathy O, MAK, and myself still on watch at Harlequin.  We are hoping Quest will lay one more egg.  If she stays on schedule, they think it will be this afternoon.

As Frank mentioned, Quest was on her eggs.  Once in a while she would stand up and turn around...still only 2. Quest wasn't letting Kendal on the eggs today.  We don't know for sure if she is in full incubating mode yet. Kendal came in for a visit to the nest tray.  He chased a Canadian goose away from the area and then flew in front of the Harlequin building below us.

It's raining pretty hard right now.  We are all taking pictures through the windows, so they aren't as clear as we would like, but will try to share some later.

Joyce

It was the first time I saw a Tiercel chase a Canada Goose.  It was a little comical.  The goose flew around the corner of a building with Kendal hot on his tail.  They came out the other side of the building and Kendal was still giving chase!  The goose made a hasty escape and Kendal returned to the Harlequin bldg to keep watch over his future family.  I really couldn't help laughing out loud watching Kendal chasing the very large, slow moving goose!   laugh

susan c
Fluffball

Like Count: 2

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 26-Apr-11, 06:13:30 PM »

We are so lucky to have such wonderful support for Quest - I must say that I never expected the harness to stay on this long, much less so long that we get to see her taking a mate and nesting, it's great!!

Many, many thanks to our friends in Canada - Big Frank for always keeping us so well informed, and of course Mark who is the ringmaster extraordinaire for all this falcon nonsense (just kidding, it's not nonsense) in Canada, and all the other CPF people, especially the guy on the rope with a nestbox!!!

Thanks to the Rochester Gang (that'll stick) for getting up there when the rest of us couldn't.

Quest, you go girl!!

heart

susan c
susan c
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 26-Apr-11, 06:16:16 PM »

This has probably already been covered, but, does Mike know the latest about Quest?  Isn't he the one who put the harness on Quest?
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 26-Apr-11, 06:18:02 PM »

This has probably already been covered, but, does Mike know the latest about Quest?  Isn't he the one who put the harness on Quest?

Hi Susan, no, it was Mark Nash who did it!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 26-Apr-11, 06:25:39 PM »

Pretty sure it was Mark & Mike in tandem.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 26-Apr-11, 06:35:28 PM »

Pretty sure it was Mark & Mike in tandem.

thumbsup

susan c
Fluffball

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 26-Apr-11, 06:54:30 PM »

Don't mind me cause my memory is nothing to write home about, but I have to explore.  I remember when they put the transmitter on Skye, and Mike and Mark did it together...  so I guess they probably did it together this time, although I remember Mike looking forward to doing Quest's fitting more on his own.  I suspect the Ei is right, and both were there.

Also please excuse me for doing this, again can't help it, I just love this emoticon:

scared blue

susan c
BIGFRANK
« Reply #311 on: 26-Apr-11, 07:01:58 PM »

Quests Tracking Device Story
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=521
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 26-Apr-11, 07:39:58 PM »

Do we know who the 4th falcon to get a transmitter is? 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 26-Apr-11, 07:48:31 PM »

Mary Ann, Skye, Hafoc and Quest.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 26-Apr-11, 08:40:08 PM »

Mary Ann, Skye, Hafoc and Quest.

duh, Kris, I kept looking at the first three and wondering who #4 was!  I think I have to wonder where my brain is hysterical

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: