THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:51:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309522 times)
susan c
Fluffball

Like Count: 2

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 26-Apr-11, 10:00:53 PM »

Do we know who the 4th falcon to get a transmitter is? 

Mary Ann, Skye, Hafoc and Quest.

duh, Kris, I kept looking at the first three and wondering who #4 was!  I think I have to wonder where my brain is hysterical

I'm laughing, too, Jeanne - I forgot all about Mary Ann, she was before my time.  Although Dan talks about her with so much love that I thought I knew all about her!

Thanks, as always, for the link, BF
ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 26-Apr-11, 10:50:57 PM »

The team ran into a bit of trouble when they found their can of neoprene cement had solidified, but not to worry! They found an able substitute: Mexican Red ladies’ nail polish! The team used it to seal the knots in the heavy nylon thread (otherwise known as mint dental floss!) that secures the transmitter to the harness.

Could this be why the transmitter and harness are still on? Perhaps they should consider Mexican Red a permanent alternative? Quest has certainly proven it's possible to carry on normally so far!

P.S. What brand was this? You realize it's been a three-year manicure!  surprise
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 26-Apr-11, 11:02:55 PM »

The team ran into a bit of trouble when they found their can of neoprene cement had solidified, but not to worry! They found an able substitute: Mexican Red ladies’ nail polish! The team used it to seal the knots in the heavy nylon thread (otherwise known as mint dental floss!) that secures the transmitter to the harness.

Could this be why the transmitter and harness are still on? Perhaps they should consider Mexican Red a permanent alternative? Quest has certainly proven it's possible to carry on normally so far!

P.S. What brand was this? You realize it's been a three-year manicure!  surprise

I've expressed thoughts about the nail polish too!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 27-Apr-11, 12:01:46 AM »

When it finally does come off Quest is going to feel naked.  secret2
valhalla
« Reply #319 on: 27-Apr-11, 05:02:21 AM »

Also please excuse me for doing this, again can't help it, I just love this emoticon:

scared blue

susan c

Nothing to excuse  scared blue  It is a fun one eyecat
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 27-Apr-11, 07:52:06 AM »

Quests Tracking Device Story
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=521
Fun to re-read the story of Quest's transmitter fitting.  I remember it well.  I still can't get over how she's been tracked, and although we never saw her, we knew where she was, with maybe the occasional lucky picture.  And now...she's living out  "domestic"  life in a most unexpected and public way!   Amazing story, and we are so fortunate.  Thank you to CPF and Harlequin and of course the "Rochester Gang".   2thumbsup
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 27-Apr-11, 09:19:11 AM »

!!! Some trouble on the home front!
April 26, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
CPF Postmaster Reports:

Just as it appeared that everything was finally settling down to a normal routine for the birds, there were more challenges yet again for the pair to contend with. It was reported this afternoon that another peregrine crossed into the territory - (this time, a female peregrine), that had both Quest and Kendal take to the skies in hot pursuit in defence of their territory. After several minutes out of everyone’s sight, Kendal returned to the nest tray and resumed incubation duties.

Quest on the other hand, did not return in any short order and had everyone worried that a battle might have occurred between the two females and the victor may not have been Quest.

After waiting and watching for what seemed like an eternity, Quest finally did in fact return no worse for ware and they were both spotted back on the nest ledge. Shortly after Quest was convinced that the territory was clear of intruders, she did eventually relieve her mate from his incubation duties on the nest tray.

It was reported also reported that a second far more serious disturbance occurred when one of the occupants in the office suite that located directly behind the nest tray once again opened their blinds scaring Quest off the nest tray and had her bolting from the nest ledge leaving the eggs unattended and exposed. Several minutes passed, and only after the male occupant disappeared from the windows view, and the perceived threat was gone, allowed Quest to return to the nest tray and resume her incubation duties.

As a result of this action, further efforts will be made yet again to ask the occupants of the office suite for their cooperation to minimize these types of disturbances in an effort to prevent causing the peregrines further undue and easily preventable stresses.
Posted on April 26, 2011 11:27 pm
Observation for Toronto - Don Mills
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glad to see a strong territory defense...and they need to paint over the office window...crazy people!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 27-Apr-11, 09:35:31 AM »

Oh boy, people are curious but need to follow the rules. Poor Quest. Hope they block that window soon with something. As far as the intruder, it happens and Quest and Kendal have it under control.  Shocked

BIGFRANK
« Reply #323 on: 27-Apr-11, 10:48:07 AM »

As per Mark's recent posting,he was busy drafting a letter to the occupants/property managers explaining things. He will hand deliver it today. CPF does their best to take  care of incidents like this at all sites it monitors and surrounding buildings. We rarely meet resistance,but if needed Ministry Of Natural Resources can be involved,if necessary.  To end,CPF deals with this type of thing each season so be assured,it has our attention.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 27-Apr-11, 11:05:38 AM »

As per Mark's recent posting,he was busy drafting a letter to the occupants/property managers explaining things. He will hand deliver it today. CPF does their best to take  care of incidents like this at all sites it monitors and surrounding buildings. We rarely meet resistance,but if needed Ministry Of Natural Resources can be involved,if necessary.  To end,CPF deals with this type of thing each season so be assured,it has our attention.

Your all awesome BF!!  clap

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 27-Apr-11, 11:10:55 AM »

I agree!!!  You all are awesome!

We should have equipped Quest with something on that transmitter that could spray water to offenders happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: 27-Apr-11, 01:35:27 PM »

We should have equipped Quest with something on that transmitter that could spray water to offenders happy

It comes standard with a taser.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 27-Apr-11, 01:39:57 PM »

It comes standard with a taser.

That antenna is pretty much a weapon in it's self! Plus, she has chest Armour!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 27-Apr-11, 05:09:43 PM »

It was soooooo wonderful to be able to see Quest and to share it with MAK, Joycie and Kathy O.  I know I'll be back soon!  :-)  Hopefully more Watchers will be able to join us next time.  I'd love to get Dan and Bri up there.  and Larry O and Shaky and Carrie and Dana and Lisa McK and Lou and Jim P and Kenn and June and Brad and Tom and Marianne and Matt, and oh, Kathy G would have loved to see Quest.  There are so many Watchers that have spent so many hours watching over the Rochester Falcons.

Quest was one of the last daughters of Mariah and Kaver and is so very special to all of us.  Not only did we get to watch Quest travel from Rochester to Nantucket and Cape Cod to Canada and all the Power Plants she seemed to like.  THANKFULLY she found herself an incredibly handsome and attentive Tiercel, another King St boy just like her sister Rhea Mae.  This is the best love story that could be written and for them to end up on a building across the street of the fine folks of Harlequin, unbelieveable.  Go Quest, Go Kendal!  Make lots & lots of beautiful babies!

Thanks to our friends at the Canadian Peregrine Foundation (thank you all), we are able to watch Rhea Mae and Tiago on a new camera!  Yay!

Now starts a new chapter in the Rochester Falcon book.  The young have taken over and we are privileged to be a part of it and continue to Watch over these beautiful creatures.  Archer and Beauty and maybe Lady Pefa aka Unity, be strong and continue the legacy of strong Peregrines that are born here in Rochester, NY. 

Mariah and Kaver we all miss you so much and yes, I'll say it, we love you.  Fly Free and Be Free!  Wherever you are!   wub2 heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 27-Apr-11, 05:36:13 PM »

It was soooooo wonderful to be able to see Quest and to share it with MAK, Joycie and Kathy O.  I know I'll be back soon!  :-)  Hopefully more Watchers will be able to join us next time.  I'd love to get Dan and Bri up there.  and Larry O and Shaky and Carrie and Dana and Lisa McK and Lou and Jim P and Kenn and June and Brad and Tom and Marianne and Matt, and oh, Kathy G would have loved to see Quest.  There are so many Watchers that have spent so many hours watching over the Rochester Falcons.

Quest was one of the last daughters of Mariah and Kaver and is so very special to all of us.  Not only did we get to watch Quest travel from Rochester to Nantucket and Cape Cod to Canada and all the Power Plants she seemed to like.  THANKFULLY she found herself an incredibly handsome and attentive Tiercel, another King St boy just like her sister Rhea Mae.  This is the best love story that could be written and for them to end up on a building across the street of the fine folks of Harlequin, unbelieveable.  Go Quest, Go Kendal!  Make lots & lots of beautiful babies!

Thanks to our friends at the Canadian Peregrine Foundation (thank you all), we are able to watch Rhea Mae and Tiago on a new camera!  Yay!

Now starts a new chapter in the Rochester Falcon book.  The young have taken over and we are privileged to be a part of it and continue to Watch over these beautiful creatures.  Archer and Beauty and maybe Lady Pefa aka Unity, be strong and continue the legacy of strong Peregrines that are born here in Rochester, NY. 

Mariah and Kaver we all miss you so much and yes, I'll say it, we love you.  Fly Free and Be Free!  Wherever you are!   wub2 heart

logo   Yeah what she said!  handshake  foxbinocs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: