THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:14:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309618 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 23-Jun-11, 10:50:12 AM »

It sure is a ramp Kat, just in case one of the juvies falls into the well, they can climb back up. With only 1 clutch of 2 so far at that site, none fell in.

That's amazing. The Rochester Ritz!

I think the CPF are planning to "ramp things up" next year.  Wink And probably provide a covered nest box, which would be wonderful.

Donna where was the nest box that was pictured just this spring?   It had a shingled roof or something like that.  Pretty elaborate.  Was that Water Street in NYC?  Find a picture of that one!   

Was it the new box in Jersey City?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 23-Jun-11, 10:53:23 AM »

It sure is a ramp Kat, just in case one of the juvies falls into the well, they can climb back up. With only 1 clutch of 2 so far at that site, none fell in.

That's amazing. The Rochester Ritz!

I think the CPF are planning to "ramp things up" next year.  Wink And probably provide a covered nest box, which would be wonderful.

Donna where was the nest box that was pictured just this spring?   It had a shingled roof or something

like that.  Pretty elaborate.  Was that Water Street in NYC?  Find a picture of that one!   

Maybe it was in Jersey City.   It was large and shingled or sided.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #962 on: 23-Jun-11, 10:58:13 AM »

Yes, Bonnie posted it.

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #963 on: 23-Jun-11, 11:09:16 AM »

The banding went very smoothly. Quest wasn't all that aggressive.  Kendal was absent until the very end. I'll let others post the details.

Here is a Toronto CityNews video of the event: http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/videos/138388

Hey cool, there's Joyce in the video, can't miss her long lens!! Tim, Lynda's husband in there also. I watched it a few times as I always miss something and yup, I sure did.  clap I should have noticed that long lens!!  Embarrassed

And here's a story on Harlequin's site about the banding. Susan C and MAK are in the background of the picture of CEO Donna Hayes.

http://harlequinblog.com/2011/06/shes-been-banded-harlequin-the-peregrines-big-day/
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 23-Jun-11, 11:21:52 AM »

Yes, Bonnie posted it.

Now THAT'S a nestbox fit for a Queen!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 23-Jun-11, 11:27:37 AM »

The banding went very smoothly. Quest wasn't all that aggressive.  Kendal was absent until the very end. I'll let others post the details.

Here is a Toronto CityNews video of the event: http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/videos/138388

Hey cool, there's Joyce in the video, can't miss her long lens!! Tim, Lynda's husband in there also. I watched it a few times as I always miss something and yup, I sure did.  clap I should have noticed that long lens!!  Embarrassed

And here's a story on Harlequin's site about the banding. Susan C and MAK are in the background of the picture of CEO Donna Hayes.

http://harlequinblog.com/2011/06/shes-been-banded-harlequin-the-peregrines-big-day/

Thanks Shaky, what a great story they tell!  heart

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 23-Jun-11, 11:51:47 AM »

I think Harlie likes her "spot o shade" Quest in nest box.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 23-Jun-11, 11:55:11 AM »

Harlie flapping, so darn cute!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 23-Jun-11, 11:58:15 AM »

Hi Ma, did ya bring me food??

Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 23-Jun-11, 12:15:21 PM »

Braveheart - it was Kat who posted about Harlie.  I only wish I was there observing from the Harlequin Building!  I had also posted that I was wondering where Harlie was. :-)    -margaret

Sorry Margret I make a mistake -was trying to get out of house to be somewhere. TY to Kat for letting us know & I see Harlie giving a scare this morning.  i apologize but i don't know how to do that blue box thing - I will try to learn.

TY again to Kat for updating on Harlie location. i  heart her

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 23-Jun-11, 01:11:52 PM »

Braveheart - it was Kat who posted about Harlie.  I only wish I was there observing from the Harlequin Building!  I had also posted that I was wondering where Harlie was. :-)    -margaret

Sorry Margret I make a mistake -was trying to get out of house to be somewhere. TY to Kat for letting us know & I see Harlie giving a scare this morning.  i apologize but i don't know how to do that blue box thing - I will try to learn.

I don't always get the blue box right either :-)    Usually a mod will fix it though :-)   
To include  it, just click on "reply with quote"  instead of reply. :-)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 23-Jun-11, 01:20:39 PM »

!!! A Spectacular Banding Event and a very successful day! It’s a girl, baby officially named Harlequin!
June 21, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Mark Nash Reports:

Banding Day!

June 21st -2011

We must apologize for the delays in posting the great news of the banding event that took place on Tuesday June 21st as we have all been busy in the streets with ongoing fledge watches and many rescues in the streets at several other nest sites. We are all putting in some very long days and late nights in the streets as some of the other fledglings just can’t stay of trouble and have found themselves at ground level in the streets needing our assistance to get back to the nest ledges.

We are still awaiting many of the photos to come in that were took during banding event and its going to take us a little more time to assemble all of the great photos and our notes to be able to do a complete posting of the days events.

This is a stressful time for us all with five different fledge watches on the go from the William Osler nest site in the north west end of Etobicoke to downtown Toronto to the extreme east end of Toronto in Scarborough, and several in between. Its always very difficult to handle on-going fledge watches with overlapping bandings going on at the dame time.

Please bear with us, as always, our first priority is with the young fledglings in the streets that are all at huge risks while on the ground unable to get back to their safety of their parents and the nest ledges.

In the interim, the young Don Mills hatchling of Quest and Kendal weighted in at a healthy 735 grams, banded today at 21 days old with a Black 54 over X band,, clearly identified as a female,, named Harlequin!

With several hundred people in attendance, including the Honourable Linda Jeffrey, Ontario Minister of the of Natural Resources, Donna Hayes the president and CEO of Harlequin, Harlequin staff, press and media, many CPF corporate sponsors and partners, our good friends from Rochester New York and many other invites and spectators along with CPF volunteers in attendance, it was an incredibly successful banding day!

Please stay tuned,, as there is much more to come with regards to the banding event!!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 23-Jun-11, 03:42:34 PM »

I don't always get the blue box right either :-)    Usually a mod will fix it though :-)   
:
I always wondered how the blue box worked.  I think I know now ?!  :>)

Lola
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 23-Jun-11, 03:49:04 PM »

I forgot to sign my name to the blue box thingy.
Lola    Kiss
Braveheart - it was Kat who posted about Harlie.  I only wish I was there observing from the Harlequin Building!  I had also posted that I was wondering where Harlie was. :-)    -margaret

Sorry Margret I make a mistake -was trying to get out of house to be somewhere. TY to Kat for letting us know & I see Harlie giving a scare this morning.  i apologize but i don't know how to do that blue box thing - I will try to learn.

TY again to Kat for updating on Harlie location. i  heart her

:
I always wondered how the blue box worked.  I think I know now ?!  : >)

Oops, maybe I don't know.   
Lola
confused

Lola
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 23-Jun-11, 04:00:48 PM »

Thanks, Shaky!!!  What a sweet story!  Baby Harlie has dual citizenship!!!!!!!  And how precious that the folks have banded themselves too!!!  I like these folks!!!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: