THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 02:48:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309769 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 04-Jul-11, 12:10:30 PM »

Poitin?! Is this what I think it is, Shaky??? That'll take the rust off your bumpers...

Poutine is poutine, not Irish booze.

Guess I better look that one up!!

Ahhh - found it! Sounds like one would want to wash that down with poitin!!
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 04-Jul-11, 12:58:31 PM »

Poutine: french fries, gravy, and cheese curds. Hummmm!!!!!  sick
Not very "health"...
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 04-Jul-11, 03:37:33 PM »

!!! A call for Fledge watch volunteers! We need your help!
July 04, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
CPF Postmaster Reports:

Kathy Smith reports today after spending some time at the Don Mills nest site today that baby Harlequin is progressing just fine and as we can all see by the Harlequin web camera, she is growing very quickly and will soon be taking her first flights!!

Quest & Kendal have been outstanding parents, as witnessed again today by Kathy’s observations of Quest as she tried to shelter baby Harlequin from the hot sun . There was some great family moment witnessed today with mom and daughter on the nest ledge!

We are looking for fledge watch volunteer support for this nest site, and will very soon be planning to hold the fledge watch training for all of those who are interested in participating.

Those that are interested are asked to come to the CPF web site and fill out the volunteer application form at: http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/volunteerform.html

Please indicate that you are interested in the Don Mills fledge watch in the additional information or comments section. Please ensure that you have left us your telephone numbers so we can call you back with details of the fledge watch training sessions.

We will be starting the fledge watch Friday July 8th in the later afternoon - (early evening).

Hope to here from you soon.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 04-Jul-11, 04:37:54 PM »

poutine sounds a little like chilli-fries, with red (Tomato, red chillis?) gravy---I still think it
could probably take rust off your bumpers, too
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 05-Jul-11, 12:10:56 AM »

Probably more than we ever wanted to know  devil
http://www.montrealpoutine.com/?index
Carol
WV

so funny.  I learned something new tonight...or it is now morning.   LOL 
Poutine! 
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: 05-Jul-11, 12:20:33 AM »

Poitin?! Is this what I think it is, Shaky??? That'll take the rust off your bumpers...

So I shouldn't add puttanesca?    (spelling is probably wrong)  But it is a great  sauce!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 05-Jul-11, 07:06:34 AM »

Harlequin gets some breakfast. She poohed before she jumped up to the nest, for that extra boost of power.

kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 05-Jul-11, 01:48:34 PM »

Holy schmoly Harlequin's changed so much over the long weekend. I've been peeking in at her, but have to say, today I can't tell her from Quest! In any regard, just wanted to let y'all know that a few of us here at Harlequin have volunteered for the fledge watch and are expecting some training at some point this week. Feeling two ways about this! Don't want to see her fly away!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 05-Jul-11, 01:52:57 PM »

Holy schmoly Harlequin's changed so much over the long weekend. I've been peeking in at her, but have to say, today I can't tell her from Quest! In any regard, just wanted to let y'all know that a few of us here at Harlequin have volunteered for the fledge watch and are expecting some training at some point this week. Feeling two ways about this! Don't want to see her fly away!

clap thumbsup

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 05-Jul-11, 02:09:34 PM »

Ah, Kat, how we know that feeling!  I watch her with her mama and hate the thought that they will be separated.  Whenever I have seen the little ones in the nestbox, I have cherished the moments, knowing that all too soon, they take that first flight to their own adventures.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 05-Jul-11, 03:20:50 PM »

Kat, she pretty much changed over night. We were all confused when we woke up and there was this beautiful DARK falcon on the nest. Eileen, thought Harlie was missing when actually she was looking at Harlie. Amazing huh? Thank you so much for volunteering for "Fledge Watch", it's so important to have some eyes watching as she takes that first plunge. Bless you all and good luck. Won't be long now! crying

rssport
Fledgling

Like Count: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 05-Jul-11, 03:30:31 PM »

From the looks of her wing action last night I'm surprised she was still there this morning. It's going to be  very soon I'm afraid.
Rita - Syr
anneintoronto
« Reply #1107 on: 05-Jul-11, 08:22:49 PM »

So I shouldn't add puttanesca?    (spelling is probably wrong)  But it is a great  sauce!

The only province in Canada in which to buy poutine is Quebec.  I had the most delicious poutine with glazed onions and mushrooms on it, with a chilled Sleeman's draught beer in Vieux Montreal and it was out of this world!  In fact, I went back 2 more times for it!!  I had poutine one night at a pub in Toronto, with a Sleeman's and it was awful!!  They don't use cheese curds or heat them properly.  And they use ordinary beef gravy, whereas the poutine gravy is a special mixture, slightly thinner, more tasty...  I will, from now on, only eat poutine when I'm in Montreal or Quebec City!!  However, the Sleeman's beer is wonderful anywhere!!

Trust me!

Anne in Toronto
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 05-Jul-11, 08:24:22 PM »

From the looks of Harlie tonight she is ready to take off any time - my gosh she is gorgeous.

Fly safe sweet girl  wub2  -I have loved watching you  heart

Thank you to all the watchers up there  clap

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 05-Jul-11, 11:31:25 PM »

None of us want to see her fly away, Kat.  But what a joy and privilege all of you will have!  I know you will keep us all posted.   I only wish I could be there!  
Little Harlequin sure has changed!   I caught a glimpse of her today hiding out in the corner, and she did look dark.  No more ball of fuzz.  
Wear sneakers!    
« Last Edit: 06-Jul-11, 06:35:00 AM by Shaky » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: