THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 06:28:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1309831 times)
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 11-Jul-11, 01:33:15 PM »

WOW!  WOW!  WOW!
       yippee yippee
            Lola

Lola
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1306 on: 11-Jul-11, 02:04:54 PM »

Knock on wood.  If there is a place where Harlie can get into trouble, she probably will.   But then Quest took her time choosing the right place.  She certainly scouted out Canada and Cape Cod.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings”
William Blake
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 11-Jul-11, 03:39:48 PM »

Of course Quest is a great parent-she learned from the best!  2thumbsup

Kathy O
Pipping

Like Count: 16

My buddy Jack!

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 11-Jul-11, 04:11:02 PM »

You got that right . . .

Kathy O
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 11-Jul-11, 04:31:54 PM »

Harlie on cam now!!! She's so BIG!!

Wow she's just gorgeous !

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 11-Jul-11, 04:36:29 PM »

Knock on wood.  If there is a place where Harlie can get into trouble, she probably will.   But then Quest took her time choosing the right place.  She certainly scouted out Canada and Cape Cod.

and Nantucket.   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 11-Jul-11, 04:59:33 PM »

and Nantucket.   wave

And New Joisey, though she didn't stay long  gum

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 11-Jul-11, 05:01:54 PM »

Holy Moly!  I can't help but remember Quest's first day of flying.  On her 2nd flight, she did come to the ground and there was an almost rescue.  She had other ideas though and now look at her.  She is her momma's daughter.   Cry  Good job all!    clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
valhalla
« Reply #1313 on: 11-Jul-11, 07:12:16 PM »

OH, how I wish we could have put a transmitter on Harlie!  It is clear that Quest is her mother's daughter - would love to see how Harlie does.  I am loving this!
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 11-Jul-11, 08:15:03 PM »

OMG I am ROLMAO.  "Quest is one tough parent, and certainly a demanding sot! .... WOW, is she keeping him on his toes!!! Oh my goodness!! Is she a nag!!!"  

Mark Nash has such a talent to make people laugh when he's talking or writing.  I would love to have seen this report if were written by a woman (LOL).

I do remember watchers saying that Mariah in her first years with Kaver trained him very well.  Yes I agree....Quest is her mother's daughter!
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 11-Jul-11, 10:53:32 PM »

Harlie on cam now!!! She's so BIG!!

You are what you eat?

laugh she is a spoiled little only child of two very egg-celent parents!  
« Last Edit: 11-Jul-11, 11:01:49 PM by Shaky » Logged
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:04:29 PM »

Eee! I watched Harlequin fly past my window and land at the very top of "her" building. She looks like a pro! No landing problem at all! Now she's just flown to the top of the Harlequin building.

So amazing and I'm so delighted she seems to be a fast learner! 2thumbsup

She looks beautiful.

Looks /sounds like Kat is addicted!    Lucky you!  Front row seat!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:11:56 PM »

Eee! I watched Harlequin fly past my window and land at the very top of "her" building. She looks like a pro! No landing problem at all! Now she's just flown to the top of the Harlequin building.

So amazing and I'm so delighted she seems to be a fast learner! 2thumbsup

She looks beautiful.

Best seat in the house!! Lucky you!

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:13:55 PM »

!!! Baby H is doing very well indeed!!! She has both parents undivided attention!
July 10, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Mark Nash Reports:

Sunday July 10th - 2011 - PM watch report:

By 9:15pm this evening, Baby H had settled down for the evening, resting on the upper ledge of 240 Duncan Mill Rd building quite obviously pooped out with the days activities. During her late afternoon and early evening antics, she made more than seven short flights from building to building without any problems, gaining altitude from the 5th and 6th floor ledges to the upper roof of the 225 Duncan mill road - (the Harlequin building roof top). This roof top is 10 plus floors in elevation. Quest and Kendal were with her (or should I say almost on top of her during most of the flights), and are incredible parents, especially given that they are new parents!

I must add, that after more than 17 years of fledge watching in the streets - (and at many different nest sites), Quest is one tough parent, and certainly a demanding sot! I have NEVER seen a more “nagging” parent, as Quest constantly pursues Kendal around vocalizing at him during most of the daylight hours!! Even the other fledge watch team members have all come and asked us what on earth does Quest want of Kendal? ? ? ?

She is screaming, pursuing and chasing him all the time even after he brings in food!!! This poor little guy never gets any piece and quiet!! Well, what can I say, family rearing is a demanding job,, and the female falcon wears the “feathers” in the family and its obvious that she feels that she needs to keep him on his toes and is making sure that he is attentive at all times!!

WOW, is she keeping him on his toes!!! Oh my goodness!! Is she a nag!!!

Marion and I closed the watch for the day just after 9:30 pm feeling very good about what had been reported by the fledge watch team from earlier events of the day, and very satisfied with Baby H’s progress during the evening watch. She is doing very well indeed, and obviously benefiting from not having any siblings to compete with for her parents attention!!

The low rise office buildings surrounding this nest site with all of the easy to access ledges are a great benefit both Baby H and the parents. It is also a huge benefit to us doing the fledge watch.

The availability of empty parking lots and open unobstructed air space around the three main buildings is very accommodating and makes this fledge watch a very easy process. There is absolutely no weekend traffic and the area is very quiet indeed! Makes for a very stress free watch in comparison to most of the other fledge watches were involved in.

Quest and Kendal are outstanding parents and are staying tight to Baby H.
Posted on July 11, 2011 12:21 pm
Observation for Toronto - Don Mills

clap heart heart
This is wonderful!   A nag,  a great mother and father, and a happily flying Harlie!       What more could we ask for in a report?    We knew Quest was special from the beginning!  That's why she is still wearing that transmitter!   We knew she had great genes from M and K!    
And the whole Harlequin Romance thing?     It was meant to be.  
A great report from Mark Nash!
A novel in the making!
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 11-Jul-11, 11:18:25 PM »

and Nantucket.   wave

And somewhere on Long Island -- according to my Quest Tour Tee shirt!    Or was it Shelter Island ?  Also a VERY nice place!     Quest has been around!   LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: