THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 02:57:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1319093 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: 12-Jul-11, 11:06:40 PM »

So far it seems that we Harlequin employees haven't been needed for the official fledge watch and it seems that Harlequin is such a fast learner, with terrific parents, that I may never have to use my towel swishing skills to pick her up off the ground! Wink

No matter whether you would be needed for the offical fledge watch, I am sure all of us really appreciate yours and your fellow Harlequin employees efforts  thumbsup in taking part.
It is great to have you here to give us first hand info, especially for the benefit of those of us who so much would like to be there for a longer period of them but can't.

...or for those of us who can't be there at all!  Wonderful report, KAT.    Quest learned from the best -- her mom, Mariah.  Keep us posted!
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: 12-Jul-11, 11:30:52 PM »

Don Mills Site - Photos of Harlequin
July 12, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Ann Brokelman Reports:

Enjoy a few photos of Harlequin, Kendal  and Quest  over the past few days.

Ann

Oh these are fabulous!  wub2 wub2 wub2

heart bravo ditto
look at that beautiful family!    Look at little Harlequin!
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 12-Jul-11, 11:33:55 PM »

good post
Wow!  It's like watching a fireworks display with feathers.

Thanks,

Paul
good post   Absolutley!
anneintoronto
« Reply #1353 on: 13-Jul-11, 12:23:02 AM »

Ann Brokelman Reports:

Ann

clap Gorgeous pictures!  Much Thanks to Ann B, photographer extraordinaire!   thumbsup

Wonderful photos, Ann!!  Especially the third one!  The action you caught is so extraordinary!  The wing movement, the demanding look on Harlequin's face!  Really exciting!

Thanks!

Anne in Toronto
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 13-Jul-11, 01:25:32 AM »

Ann Brokelman Reports:

Ann

Stunning pictures of Harlequin and her parents!  notworthy

valhalla
« Reply #1355 on: 13-Jul-11, 04:59:34 AM »

Is it me, or does that picture of Harlie in flight with her red band visable look like her Aunt Linn?   heart
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 13-Jul-11, 05:59:22 AM »

Those photos are fabulous!  Wonderful to see Harlie flying too!

New article on Quest up today at CPF, Mark says her transmitter is coming off as she's been picking at the harness.  You can see in the photo's it is and he's asking us to be observant so they can retrieve it when it falls off!!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/07/sightings/pm-watch-report-baby-h-is-doing-incredible-and-quest%e2%80%99s-radio-harness-is-coming-off/
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 13-Jul-11, 06:16:38 AM »

Those photos are fabulous!  Wonderful to see Harlie flying too!

New article on Quest up today at CPF, Mark says her transmitter is coming off as she's been picking at the harness.  You can see in the photo's it is and he's asking us to be observant so they can retrieve it when it falls off!!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/07/sightings/pm-watch-report-baby-h-is-doing-incredible-and-quest%e2%80%99s-radio-harness-is-coming-off/

Oh wow, now she picks at it. Must be itchy after 3 years....like a cast. We had 3 very very good years of tracking her. Wonder if she and Kendal will stay the Winter or move around. I'm sure he's thinking right now where to go, (on his own), with all that nagging she's doing. Maybe he's having 2nd thoughts!! I would. devil

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 13-Jul-11, 06:19:57 AM »

!!! Baby H is flying great!!! Afternoon report.
Bruce Massey Reports:

Arrived @ 1615 Hrs., initially saw no Peregrines. Started Walking West & after 5 or so Minutes and observed Quest then Harley fly into the top level of the Harliquin Building. I went behind the Nest Building, and after watching Harley do a good Flight (2-3 min) which included some Kiting, she made about a “9″ landing on the top roof Level of the Rose Coloured Building just to the East of Harliquin.

Murray showed up a few minutes later and filled me in on the days happenings. By now, Harley had flown on to the rear of the Harleqin Building so I followed her and set up in the shade of the Parking Garage. Soon after that Kendal came from the East and teased Harley stupid, all but landing on top of her with the food. That said it was an impressive flight display, all done with subtle movement of wings and tail no wing flapping.

A bit later, with no parents in area (At least that I could see) Harley decided to explore on her own. There was I would guess a 10-15 kph gusting wind and she kited w/ a little bit of trouble, got some height and then headed out to the West finally came to land on the 3 storey building with the White top. As I was walking over to check I was pretty sure that she flew a quite a good speed back by the Nest Building. I continued over to the Building anyway, and didn’t find her. I finally found her on the North Side of the Harliquin Building @ roof height.

I was relieved by Mark & Marion and left around 1915 Hrs.
Thanx Bruce

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 13-Jul-11, 07:15:56 AM »

Falcon!! Wonder who?

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 13-Jul-11, 11:01:15 AM »

!!! Baby H is flying great!!! Afternoon report.
Bruce Massey Reports:

Arrived @ 1615 Hrs., initially saw no Peregrines. Started Walking West & after 5 or so Minutes and observed Quest then Harley fly into the top level of the Harliquin Building. I went behind the Nest Building, and after watching Harley do a good Flight (2-3 min) which included some Kiting, she made about a “9″ landing on the top roof Level of the Rose Coloured Building just to the East of Harliquin.

Murray showed up a few minutes later and filled me in on the days happenings. By now, Harley had flown on to the rear of the Harleqin Building so I followed her and set up in the shade of the Parking Garage. Soon after that Kendal came from the East and teased Harley stupid, all but landing on top of her with the food. That said it was an impressive flight display, all done with subtle movement of wings and tail no wing flapping.

A bit later, with no parents in area (At least that I could see) Harley decided to explore on her own. There was I would guess a 10-15 kph gusting wind and she kited w/ a little bit of trouble, got some height and then headed out to the West finally came to land on the 3 storey building with the White top. As I was walking over to check I was pretty sure that she flew a quite a good speed back by the Nest Building. I continued over to the Building anyway, and didn’t find her. I finally found her on the North Side of the Harliquin Building @ roof height.

I was relieved by Mark & Marion and left around 1915 Hrs.
Thanx Bruce

Thanks for the report Bruce, my Canadian falcon friend!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #1361 on: 13-Jul-11, 07:27:17 PM »

Oh wow, now she picks at it. Must be itchy after 3 years....like a cast. We had 3 very very good years of tracking her. Wonder if she and Kendal will stay the Winter or move around. I'm sure he's thinking right now where to go, (on his own), with all that nagging she's doing. Maybe he's having 2nd thoughts!! I would. devil

Not itchy - it is time.  It served it's purpose and gave us a very, very special gift.  Now it is time for Quest to fly solo without us.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 13-Jul-11, 08:06:37 PM »

2 on the ledges.  I'm debating with myself if the left-most lump is a peregrine...I did see it move and it wasn't there before-just not close enough to be 100% sure.

Oh well-bird on the right has left...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 13-Jul-11, 08:08:48 PM »

LOL, got the same thing, thought it was 2 of them also!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 13-Jul-11, 08:20:03 PM »

LOL, got the same thing, thought it was 2 of them also!

The left lump did move like a preening peregrine...  silly

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: