THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 11:28:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ranger (2001) in Toronto  (Read 31378 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« on: 01-May-11, 07:44:07 PM »

Just read this on the CPF site!

!!! Ranger Is The Resident Female-
Linda Woods Reports:
Ranger has been clearly identified as the resident female peregrine falcon setting up house at Mt.Sinai. A wonderful opportunity for Tracy to snap this photo and make a positive ID.

Ranger was hatched in Rochester, N.Y in 2001 and is the grand-daughter of Toronto’s first ever nesting peregrine falcons from King St, Pounce Kingsley and his mate Victoria.

Ranger’s mate has not been positively Identified as yet, but Peregrine Falcons mate for life, indications are that her mate is still Hunter, who was hatched in Columbus, Ohio in 2000. Ranger is wearing red and black bands on the left leg. Hunter wears green and black bands on his  left leg.

Nesting behaviour continues, and we are continuing to monitor and observe. Hopefully soon we will have photos of the nest itself.  Mother Nature has to bring us some warm weather and sunny skies to allow the adults a little time away from the  nest.

Thank you to the staff at Mt.Sinai and Princess Margaret Hospitals for their ongoing support and updates.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01-May-11, 07:51:28 PM »

Just read this on the CPF site!
!!! Ranger Is The Resident Female-
Linda Woods Reports:
Ranger has been clearly identified as the resident female peregrine falcon setting up house at Mt.Sinai. A wonderful opportunity for Tracy to snap this photo and make a positive ID.

yippee yippee yippee

I hope she has a successful nest this year!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-May-11, 08:10:28 PM »

Wow...you guys are taking over our city  laugh  I'm so glad she's alive and well, that's fantastic news after all these years.  notworthy
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-May-11, 10:42:38 PM »

Party across the border!!! 

chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-May-11, 11:25:55 PM »

are they crossing the border for canadian health care????
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-May-11, 11:44:14 PM »

are they crossing the border for canadian health care????
To a Falcon there is NO BORDER its all theirs wave
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-May-11, 06:37:08 AM »

Wow...you guys are taking over our city  laugh  I'm so glad she's alive and well, that's fantastic news after all these years.  notworthy

Well, the Ranger story did START in Toronto!   handshake

In all seriousness, I suspect Mariah & Kaver were hatched in Canada too...just too many offspring seem to wind up there for it to be coincidence.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-May-11, 06:39:18 AM »

secret2 Big Frank-could you see if they can fix the picture of Ranger?  Thanks!

BIGFRANK
« Reply #8 on: 04-May-11, 04:41:47 AM »

Will ask about it tomorrow(Wed) ASAP.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-May-11, 10:20:54 PM »

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/05/sightings/current-clutch-of-eggs-has-failed/

Not good news for poor Ranger (and Hunter?).  Seems she is not destined to be a mom.   Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-May-11, 10:24:59 PM »

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/05/sightings/current-clutch-of-eggs-has-failed/

Not good news for poor Ranger (and Hunter?).  Seems she is not destined to be a mom.   Sad

I don't know her history.  She's never had any babies?

valhalla
« Reply #11 on: 06-May-11, 05:21:41 AM »

Bummer
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06-May-11, 04:55:45 PM »

As far as we know, Ranger and Hunter have never had a successful hatch.  There have been suspicions that one or the other is infertile.  I would absolutely love to see her finally have a young one to raise.   heart  Her legacy is strong and important.  She is the grandaughter of Victoria and Ponce-Kingsley from Toronto, daughter of Mariah and Cabot-Sirocco from Rochester.   heart

I don't know her history.  She's never had any babies?

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06-May-11, 07:31:43 PM »

As far as we know, Ranger and Hunter have never had a successful hatch.  There have been suspicions that one or the other is infertile.  I would absolutely love to see her finally have a young one to raise.   heart  Her legacy is strong and important.  She is the grandaughter of Victoria and Ponce-Kingsley from Toronto, daughter of Mariah and Cabot-Sirocco from Rochester.   heart

I knew she was a daughter of Mariah and C-S but wondered what her history has been since she left the nest. Has she always been in Toronto with Hunter? Where was their original nest site if this is a new place for them?

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06-May-11, 08:52:45 PM »

Ranger and Hunter have been together for a long time, always in the Toronto area.  I believe they've changed nesting locations quite frequently and that they may have been at Mt Sinai Hosp for a couple years.

I knew she was a daughter of Mariah and C-S but wondered what her history has been since she left the nest. Has she always been in Toronto with Hunter? Where was their original nest site if this is a new place for them?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: