THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:02:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256136 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 05-Jun-11, 07:16:49 AM »

!!! 3 Hatchlings confirmed!
June 04, 2011 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Mark Nash Reports:

A quick visit today during a short break in the rain paid off. With a very quiet approach once we got to the roof, also paid off. Just as we arrived at the nest ledge, the clouds moved away and the sun appeared and lit up the entire building. We got really lucky indeed and the photos say it all!

Our approach was so quiet and with the sun at our backs, I managed to capture a few shots of Linn and her 3 new family members before she caught wind me. From that point onwards, our visit got progressively more interesting and intense!

It only took Linn but a second to take flight from the corner of the nest ledge where she was sunny herself with her three new hatchlings, and from that point onwards, both Paul and I spend the entire time scrambling and ducking to get to the access door and and to the safety of the concrete walls.

Linn is most certainly a Mariah offspring!! I have felt the wrath of Mariah during my visits to Rochester NY while I was atop of the Kodak tower with the DEC when we satellite tagging, and I can tell you that Linn is a full contact body hitting peregrine, just like her mother!!! Fierce and feisty! No pain, no gain type of gal!

We were asked to leave the roof area by Linn, and we obliged her,,, VERY QUICKLY!!

(Mark got some good photos of Linn doing her Mariah impression: http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/06/sightings/3-hatchlings-for-linn/)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 05-Jun-11, 07:32:47 AM »

Ohhh Mariah for  sure!  devil And look at that baby of hers.
Linn is a full contact body hitting peregrine, just like her mother!!! Fierce and feisty! No pain, no gain type of gal!
Love it!!

valhalla
« Reply #62 on: 05-Jun-11, 07:37:18 AM »

Looks like Linn's housekeeping skills may have improved  clap 

She is 100% her mother!  She is wearing what Rich always refered to as Mariah's "cranky look"  Wink  Love it!
Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05-Jun-11, 07:48:00 AM »

good news Linn has also eyases!  2thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05-Jun-11, 09:31:54 AM »

One fierce looking peregrine!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05-Jun-11, 10:48:47 AM »

I love Mark's descriptions!!!!  Linn is her mama's daughter for sure! heart wub2

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 05-Jun-11, 12:43:16 PM »

In those pictures that Mark Nash posted, Linn certainly does look like Mariah! 
 wub2
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 05-Jun-11, 12:56:56 PM »

In those pictures that Mark Nash posted, Linn certainly does look like Mariah! 
 wub2

She sure does!

chlosmom
Juvie

Like Count: 12

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 05-Jun-11, 05:31:13 PM »

to: mark nash----your tale about Linn and her babies was breathtaking---
it was amusing, yet stirring at the same time---although i'm in CA--i felt
 that i could have been there next to you in scarsborugh (sp)--you have a
very special gift--thanks for it sharing with me---j (also known as chlosmon)
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 05-Jun-11, 05:51:28 PM »

Ohhh Mariah for  sure!  devil And look at that baby of hers.
Linn is a full contact body hitting peregrine, just like her mother!!! Fierce and feisty! No pain, no gain type of gal!
Love it!!
Yes indeed she's Mariah's daughter.Cute little eyas
BIGFRANK
« Reply #70 on: 08-Jun-11, 10:42:30 AM »

Banding day is June 10th. Watch the CPF page for pics late that night or the next day. It will be another busy day of banding. Folks at Yellow Pages are very excited.  Marion will be looking for help with the watch..Rochester gals what U doing about 1o-14 days after the banding ?  Wink
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08-Jun-11, 10:50:46 AM »

Banding day is June 10th. Watch the CPF page for pics late that night or the next day. It will be another busy day of banding. Folks at Yellow Pages are very excited.  Marion will be looking for help with the watch..Rochester gals what U doing about 1o-14 days after the banding ?  Wink

I so wish I could!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 11-Jun-11, 05:49:33 AM »

Banding Day at the Scarborough Yellow Pages nest site. 3 healthy chicks!1
-
Mark Nash Reports:

A very good day indeed at the Yellow Pages nest site! A huge thank you to the management and staff at Yellow Pages for hosting the banding in the lobby for all to see again this year, it was very well attended and a huge success! 3 very healthy chicks were banded this afternoon, 2 males and 1 girl named Striker, Jet, and Rhiannon. Both resident adult peregrine parents were on hand to voice their opinion and defend the nest and the entire event went like clockwork without incident. With a packed lobby of spectators, the three young hatchlings were sexed, banded, named and quickly examined to check their overall health and returned to their parents on the nest ledge after a quick photo shoot, all in record time.

A big thank you to the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources for all of their support and for banding the young chicks, and to our special visitors from Rochester New York who travelled up from New State to see the banding.

The new resident adult female named Lyn was produced in 2007 in Rochester New York, banded Black 91 over Green V. The resident adult male is still Rueben, produced in 2003 from Wisconsin USA, banded Black 43 over Green M

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 12-Jun-11, 06:57:54 AM »

Yellow Pages Banding Photos are Here!!!
June 11, 2011 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Tracy Simpson Reports:

It was another fantastic banding at the Yellow Pages building today with a great crowd in attendance.  A big thank you to all that attended and helped to name our three newest baby falcons Striker, Jet and Rhiannon.  It was also great to see the crew from Rochester, New York at the banding as Linn, the resident female, was hatched there and the ladies were ecstatic to see that Linn was now celebrating a family of her own right here in Toronto!!  Enjoy the pictures!!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/06/sightings/yellow-pages-banding-photos-are-here/ pics

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 15-Jun-11, 09:45:34 PM »

Can I tell you something?  Linn is a Mariah look-a-like, right down to a split wing tip on the right wing.  Truly beautiful.   wub2

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: