THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 02:08:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256173 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 21-Jul-11, 05:51:22 PM »

I think I remember,it was Martha Eberle 2002 , or if I´am wrong it was Lawrence O´Heron 2004.

Greetings Carla

I know Carol P used that "swearword" a lot, down by the Ped Bridge.

It wasn't me.   wave

No, in your reports you would say you saw the swearword creature down by the gorge. Not that you said the actual swearword! I swear, this is confusing.

LOL Donna.  I knew what you meant.   rofl

I'm DUH!!

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 21-Jul-11, 06:32:10 PM »

I do remember the video Carol posted and I loved it ,and what I read in her reports about the groundhogs.I enjoyed it.
About Martha and Lawrence ,that's what I searched for in Shakymons messages.

Greetings Carla
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 21-Jul-11, 07:31:45 PM »

Boy are we desperate for discussion topics.  But this is fun.  And Linn P is still turning over in her grave that her namesake is the butt of the discussion.  LOL. NJ Fish and Wildlife is loving this one

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 21-Jul-11, 08:52:28 PM »

I was so busy watching the peregrines I almost stepped on a ground hog.

I was reminded last week that we used to call ground hogs "swearwords" here. Five points to anyone who can come up with the name of the person who originated it.

Was it Jim P. I seem to remember a video of him a long time ago. And from then on they were known as "swearwords"

ginha
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 21-Jul-11, 10:39:49 PM »

I was reminded last week that we used to call ground hogs "swearwords" here. Five points to anyone who can come up with the name of the person who originated it.

I know, I know!  Can I say?  Pretty please?   lol

Ok.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 22-Jul-11, 04:18:16 AM »

Ok.

Say, would ya!? The suspense!! (The things we chat about when the season is nearly over...)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 22-Jul-11, 06:18:20 PM »

Ok.

No, it's your 50th birthday Shaky.  You should say who it was.   lol 

Peregrines know no borders.....
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 22-Jul-11, 08:01:39 PM »

I really don't know. I'm 99% sure it was Martha, but I don't have the original Birdcam discussion board thread from 2002.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 22-Jul-11, 09:28:32 PM »

I really don't know. I'm 99% sure it was Martha, but I don't have the original Birdcam discussion board thread from 2002.

and I was pretty sure it was Linda B aka Plant Lady.  If I remember right, she called them (Groundhogs) that because of the holes they left in her yard.  Every time she tripped over one of the holes, she called the creature that left them a "swear word".  Maybe I'm not remembering right.  Hmmmm.   confused

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 23-Jul-11, 10:50:03 PM »

Scarborough- yellow pages - All 3 young were seen
July 23, 2011 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Ann Brokelman Reports:

Yellow Pages

Stopped in at 12 noon.  Heard one screaming while in the car.  Young female soared right by me - see attached photo.  Male joined her in flight.  Both headed to the photo buiding and dissappeared. Total quiet within 5 min. I stopped on my way home from shopping 5:00pm to see the male with the yellow band sitting right on top of the yellow pages screaming.  So all 3 were accounted for.  No sign of any adults.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 25-Jul-11, 07:24:10 AM »

Scarborough Yellow Pages - 3 young dare devils
July 24, 2011 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Ann Brokelman Reports:

At 6pm  I saw 1 adult and 1 juvenile at the building at Markham and Neilson. Within 5 minutes the male juvenile was off with the female juvenile following him.  They darted across the road towards the photo lab.  Flying so fast it was hard to keep them in sight.  Over the road again and towards the 401.  Back and forth they went.  Looked behind me at the yellow pages building to see the third juvenile sitting at the peak of the building. He was screaming and screaming for food.  I then noticed the adult had left.  At 6:30 you could hear all 3 juveniles screaming and the race was on to the fitness centre to see what mom had brought. The one male got the food and the other two sat on the ledge screaming.  Suddenly the male with the food took off with the other 2 juveniles following again.  He landed on the hotel.  So did the other ones.  The last I saw of the 3 little screamers was them flying around the temple on Markham Road. They were flying from one top to the next.  Man are they fast, beautiful and fun to watch.  Ann

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 25-Jul-11, 07:57:40 AM »

Boy isn't it great to hear about juvies tearing up the sky even if we can't see it ourselves? They sooo capture your heart and then find a place deep within your soul!  A true love affair!!! heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 05-Aug-11, 06:12:07 PM »

When I first saw that beautiful picture that Mark Nash took of Linn, I caught my breath and thought, wow! she's the spitting image of her mom, Mariah.  I wasn't the only one.  Most of the Rochester Watchers I spoke to couldn't believe how closely they resembled each other.   heart heart

When we went to Scarborough to witness the banding of Linn & Rueben's eyases, we were amazed to see that Linn also had Mariah's split wing tip!   wub2

The last time I spoke to Mark, I asked permission to use his picture.  I had an idea, a compare picture of Mariah and Linn and I had the perfect picture in mind to use.  It took me awhile to find it, but I finally did.

I sent the compare pic to Mark and he was stunned.  He loved it and had the picture posted in the Scarborough Yellow Pages section of the CPF website.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/08/sightings/mariah-linn/

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 05-Aug-11, 06:39:54 PM »

When I first saw that beautiful picture that Mark Nash took of Linn, I caught my breath and thought, wow! she's the spitting image of her mom, Mariah.  I wasn't the only one.  Most of the Rochester Watchers I spoke to couldn't believe how closely they resembled each other.   heart heart

When we went to Scarborough to witness the banding of Linn & Rueben's eyases, we were amazed to see that Linn also had Mariah's split wing tip!   wub2

The last time I spoke to Mark, I asked permission to use his picture.  I had an idea, a compare picture of Mariah and Linn and I had the perfect picture in mind to use.  It took me awhile to find it, but I finally did.

I sent the compare pic to Mark and he was stunned.  He loved it and had the picture posted in the Scarborough Yellow Pages section of the CPF website.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/08/sightings/mariah-linn/

Thanks for creating this Carol!  It's uncanny how much Linn looks like Mariah!

And for those who haven't mastered enlarging CPF thumbnails...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 05-Aug-11, 07:08:30 PM »

I see the resemblance!! Good job Carol!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: