THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 01:42:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256170 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: 10-Jun-12, 10:26:15 AM »

Working my way through the pictures, but I got 2 videos loaded...

http://youtu.be/E_RXQ6oIZxY

http://youtu.be/5lFeDV7B-7M

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 10-Jun-12, 11:06:35 AM »

That was awesome hovering by Linn, I presume!! Very cool Ei.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 10-Jun-12, 11:24:52 AM »

That was awesome hovering by Linn, I presume!! Very cool Ei.

Yes, it was Linn. I have several videos of her just floating there over the nest...amazing!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 10-Jun-12, 11:27:27 AM »

Wow!  Great flying and I love the hovering!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 10-Jun-12, 06:02:54 PM »

Great job on the videos Ei!  thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 19-Jun-12, 01:00:21 PM »

!!! And then there was two!! Calling all available fledge watchers! We start the fledge watch on Wednesday June 20th.
June 18, 2012 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Mark Nash Reports:

June 18th - 2012
A spot check with Yellow Pages today yielded some disturbance results indeed that has us more than concerned. It would appear that while we are on track with the official starting of the fledge watch tomorrow given the photos of the hatchlings taken on Monday, it might appear that one of the hatchlings is missing!

Kathy, the Scarborough Yellow pages fledge watch coordinator conducted a extensive search of the facility with the help of Paul and they were not able to located the third hatchling.

Two of the three hatchlings remain in their nest ledge and both resident adult parents are attending. It is incredibly bazar although that the past five days of spot checks have produced some unusual behaviours from both the adults and the hatchlings.

Typically at this time of the hatchlings development, we are seeing them up on the rim of the nest ledge flapping and carrying on in the usual fashion. Both Bruce and now Kathy have reported over the past week that this has not been the norm out here this year.

While it is entirely possible that our missing hatchling has already been ledge hopping (and there are allot of ledges to hide out in), it is noticeably odd that we haven’t seen allot of ledge hopping and flapping.

Kathy will be out there again Tuesday doing an extensive property search and facility search from the ground to see if we can spot the missing hatchling.

We are calling on all available fledge watchers to join us on Wednesday June 20th to participate in the Yellow Pages fledge watch.

Stay tuned……………
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope he turns up!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 19-Jun-12, 05:21:13 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Come on, I should have stayed in bed!  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 19-Jun-12, 05:24:07 PM »

Hope they are wrong and find the little munchkin.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 20-Jun-12, 06:08:00 PM »

my first thought is an intruder. That would make the little ones hunker down. Hope he just got adventurous and is OK.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 21-Jun-12, 04:23:48 PM »

phew I guess they never got around to posting all 3 of Linn & Rueben's youngsters were found...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

!!! First Rescue at Yellow Pages! Fledgling is just fine and returned back to its parents!
June 20, 2012 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Mark Nash Reports:

Wednesday June 20th - 2012
The fledge watch started out at 6:30 am this morning with Kathy Smith from the CPF on site and all three hatchlings still in the nest ledge in full view. With this hot and humid stuff again today, Oh my goodness, it is debilitating out here.

Pressed and stressed for time with not enough hours in the day and night to be in the streets on all of the ongoing fledge watches, its been very difficult to get any computer time to get the huge back log of updates and photos posted with fledgling peregrines falling and resident adults from the sky all over the place, so I have to be short and sweet.

Alerted by Big Frank that one of his collogues having been passing the nest site, saw a fledgling in the air on a direct flight path downward to the south east of the Yellow Pages parking lot.

More telephone calls on the mobile as the young fledgling peregrine ends up on the ground in the roadway on one of the main arteries of the rear parking lot. Paul from Petra security and Vivian from the CPF watch team rushes to the grounded birds location and holds back the on-lookers and reroutes the vehicle traffic around the downed fledgling until others can get to the rear parking lot to do the rescue.

Kathy holds position to keep her eyes focussed on nest ledge on the remaining two hatchlings,, now up on the nest ledge flapping looking like they are going to go.

The grounded young fledgling is Panagiotis - banded Black R over 42 and is successfully rescued and retrieved from the roadway without incident.

Later in the evening, the young peregrine is again examined for any injuries or trauma usually associated with grounding on hard services and is cleared to be released back to its parents.

Successful release under the cover of darkness with the fledge watch team still in place in the now darkened parking lot waiting just in case the released bird takes a panic flight back into the air at release, everything goes exactly as planned. The fledge watch finished for the evening with the two un-fledged hatchlings still on the nest ledge and one other very happy fledgling back to elevation and in its parents care.

So far, 22 young fledglings have been rescued and /or pulled from the streets so far this season since the fledge watches started!

Stay tuned, you can bet there will be far more to come……..

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 21-Jun-12, 07:29:59 PM »

Thanks Kitty, glad #3 was found or perhaps there all along but hiding  lol pray
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 21-Jun-12, 10:46:13 PM »

Good news!   clap  Thanks for posting this Ei!

Peregrines know no borders.....
WW
Fluffball

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 23-Jun-12, 03:05:28 PM »

I was out this evening at the yellow page building to do my first fledge watch on Linh and Reuben's kids. it was an amazing experience. it was very comfortable and even windy/cold, it helps the babies and parents a little bit, all of them were in view and in good shape.
Mark and Tracy were very kind to allowed us to see the release of Albus (who was rescued earlier in the day) back onto the ledge.
« Last Edit: 23-Jun-12, 11:01:47 PM by WW » Logged
valhalla
« Reply #163 on: 24-Jun-12, 08:13:35 AM »

Good news!   clap  Thanks for posting this Ei!

ditto   2thumbsup
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 24-Jun-12, 08:21:04 PM »

I was out this evening at the yellow page building to do my first fledge watch on Linh and Reuben's kids. it was an amazing experience. it was very comfortable and even windy/cold, it helps the babies and parents a little bit, all of them were in view and in good shape.
Mark and Tracy were very kind to allowed us to see the release of Albus (who was rescued earlier in the day) back onto the ledge.

Good job WW!  Thanks so much for keeping an eye on Linn and Reuben's young ones!   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: