THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 08:38:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256242 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 27-Jun-12, 12:01:40 PM »

Some Pictures of the Yellow Pages Boys
June 27, 2012 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Tracy Simpson Reports:

As I have been going through some of the pictures that I have taken recently, I have to admit that the boys at the Yellow Pages nest site are super cute.  Panagiottis ( Paul ) has is quite a character as he bee bops around and plays with both his siblings and his parents.  Eagan is a bit more laid back but is always up for a game of tag and little Albus is so cute as he tries to be like his Dad.  I hope you enjoy some of the pictures and there are more to come so check back soon!!

Albus

Panagiotis (Paul)

Maybe Eagan?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 27-Jun-12, 12:03:43 PM »

!!! Finally all fledglings flying high - and both holding and gaining their altitude!
June 26, 2012 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
CPF Postmaster Reports:

June 26th - 2012
Finally, all of the young fledglings are flying high with strong flights and actually doing some real flying! Eagan was identified this morning on the very top of the Yellow pages building and made some very good flights and was able to both hold his altitude and gain heights and altitudes above the nest building. While all of the fledglings landings are typical - (very bad), they are still learning and practice will make perfect. Lot of crash landings still to come for sure, but each of them are now chasing their parents around in the air for food!

At this point, the dawn to dusk fledge watch will be discontinued and regular daily spot checks will be done to ensure that they are all still going strong.

As always, we will all be spot checking them throughout the next few days.
Stay tuned for some of the great photos that everyone has been taking along with their reports
Stay tuned………..
Posted on June 27, 2012 4:00 am
Observation for Scarborough - Yellow Pages

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 27-Jun-12, 12:09:48 PM »

Sorry-going backward here...

!!! Update on the Yellow pages fledglings and Eagan’s rescue!
June 25, 2012 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
CPF Postmaster Reports:

While this observation report is out of sequence and we apologize for the late posting, we have been severely backlogged with a huge volume of observation reports combined with the very long hours we have all had to be in the streets on the various fledge watches. Many photos are being taken and sent in that all have to be saved, downsized, cropped, colour corrected and re-saved, then posted with the authors observation report to the correct nest site.

Please bear with us, as we have taken in some 178 different observation reports and HUNDREDS of photos, and their still streaming in by the dozens each day. In addition to the above, there are those that refuse to send in their written reports prefer to call in with a verbal report or leave them on voice message. These have to be interpreted, typed, copied and posted. For some, there are very long days, and for others, there are many long days AND very long late nights combined in an effort to get these reports processed.

That being said, while both little Paul and Albus have finally been flying well and holding their altitude, - (in fact both are now able to gain huge gains in altitude landing on the upper most peak of the Yellow Pages building and long flights over to the roof area of the Investers Group building and back) little Eagan has not done so well, still running around on the granite ledges for several days below the nest ledge, finally ending up on the lowest ledge only feet above the sidewalk.

Today after much coaxing from the adults, all of the fledglings wee very active including little Eagan, who attempted his first real flight. Sadly, he was not able to hold his altitude and came to the ground on the grass area on the west side of the nest building.

His second flight has him crossing two busy roadways, Progress Ave and eventually Milner Ave (full of rush hour traffic), no one thought he would have been able to dodge the moving traffic without getting hit! With a huge amount of good luck, he didn’t get hit by any of the traffic,

Eagan did manage to catch a little air on his third attempt (from the ground level) but alas ran out of steam again and ended up on the ground several times before he finally grounded himself in the front yard of a house on Progress Ave.

Now with Bruce in hot pursuit, he was able to rescue Eagan successfully safe and sound, and without any further incident. Eagan was later safely released back to the nest building roof top and his parents under the cover of darkness.

Once again a huge thank you to all that helped us on the watch this day, and the great building staff for getting us (and of course little Eagan) back to the roof elevation.

Stay tuned………..
Posted on June 27, 2012 3:25 am

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 30-Jun-12, 01:05:26 PM »

Site Check at Yellow Pages
June 29, 2012 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages

Tracy Simpson Reports:

Yesterday I had the opportunity to stop in at the Yellow Pages nest site to check in on Linn and Rueben and their three little fly boys.  When I arrived, I had Paul ( Panagiottis ) on top of the dome of the kitchen being very silly as he was going under and then over one of the beams and kept it up for about 10 minutes as if it was a game.  Rueben was on the nest building on the southeast corner watching Paul misbehave.  Moments later, another juvie flew up and landed on the Investors Group sign on the south side of the building and he had something with him; a little tidbit.  After taking a look through the scope, this was Albus showing off his green tape. 

Back on the building, Linn had arrived with food and was busily plucking it on the east side of the nest building.  Rueben was calling to her like a juvenile and was chasing her for a tidbit.  It was almost a courtship type behaviour and was quite cute.  With food now in at the nest building, Paul flew from the kitchen to the very top of the nest building where the parents usually go to get a break from the young ones.  Ha!!  He made a flawless landing!!  Albus was on the southeast corner of the nest building now as well after flying over from the Investors Group sign.  What I could not find was Eagan, the little male with red tape.  I waited and watched as Linn finished off her meal, not sharing this one, and was now sitting on the uppermost southern granite ledge.  Still no Eagan.  While at this stage, with him flying very well last week and making excellent landings on and around the nest ledge, he is a strong flighted juvenile.  Even so, there is still much trouble these kids can get into as they explore the world outside the nest ledge.  Typically, this little tyke certainly loves his naps and may have been already fed and asleep.  Given that my time there was brief, just over an hour, and I may have missed his feeding and nap, we will err on the side of caution and be out for site checks this weekend to see where Eagan is hiding.

Posted on June 30, 2012 8:51 am

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 30-Aug-12, 06:18:59 PM »

Posted on FB by Big Frank...not sure how close this is to "home"...

Another photo of close up of the band will follow. Ann Brokelman spotted and photographed a Peregrine Falcon at Rouge Beach. The band is black/black R over 42. That is Panagiotis(Paul) from Yellow Pages! Great going Ann!! He was chasing/hunting/harassing shorebirds, gulls and ducks, but didnt get anything Ann reports.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 30-Aug-12, 06:30:45 PM »

Posted on FB by Big Frank...not sure how close this is to "home"...

Another photo of close up of the band will follow. Ann Brokelman spotted and photographed a Peregrine Falcon at Rouge Beach. The band is black/black R over 42. That is Panagiotis(Paul) from Yellow Pages! Great going Ann!! He was chasing/hunting/harassing shorebirds, gulls and ducks, but didnt get anything Ann reports.

Nice!!  clap

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 30-Aug-12, 07:43:04 PM »

That's wonderful news!!  Another M&K descendant flying the skies  handshake
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 30-Aug-12, 09:18:48 PM »

"He was chasing/hunting/harassing shorebirds, gulls and ducks, but didnt get anything"

That sounds like Orion from this mornings watch. Man he was terrorizing the birds in the river, even took a shot at a Great Blue Heron! At supersonic speed!!!  yes

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 30-Aug-12, 10:58:31 PM »

That's wonderful news!!  Another M&K descendant flying the skies  handshake

clap
YAY, for more M and K descendant's flying the skies.   Great gene pool! Fly high and strong!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 02-Sep-12, 10:25:37 PM »

Linn by Patty Gale. Look at her crop!!  

For our American friends, this is the Yellow Pages building where Reuben & Linn are (I couldn't resist taking this pic, the building looked so nice in the setting sun)  Looks Halloweenish!  halloween1

Great pics!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 02-Sep-12, 11:06:39 PM »

I'd say she's eating well!  spaghetti

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 11-Mar-13, 09:04:48 AM »

Haven't posted to the CPF site just yet but thought you guys would enjoy a shot of Linn. She was chowing down yesterday on a stashed pigeon and when she finished, she refused to leave without her pigeon wing.

from Tracy!   clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 11-Mar-13, 12:28:56 PM »

Haven't posted to the CPF site just yet but thought you guys would enjoy a shot of Linn. She was chowing down yesterday on a stashed pigeon and when she finished, she refused to leave without her pigeon wing.

from Tracy!   clap

Great pic Tracy!  clap

-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 11-Mar-13, 07:00:00 PM »

from Tracy!   clap

Linn looks so much like her mom Mariah.   heart  Awesome picture taken by Tracy.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 17-Mar-13, 01:27:01 PM »

Linn at nest, by Ann B

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: