THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 02:26:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256212 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 13-Apr-13, 01:46:44 PM »

Linn and Rueben are Incubating!!  clap
April 12, 2013 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Marion Nash Reports:

I stopped in at Yellow Pages earlier this week and tried to find Linn and Rueben’s nest location this year.  Kathy and I checked all of the ledges and although we found scrapes everywhere, there was no sign of the elusive incubating adult.  Yesterday, we stopped by again for a check and found Rueben on duty definately incubating an undisclosed number of eggs.  He was one wet little male but never gave up his post.  Great job Rueben.  I have posted an image of where the pair are incubating this year rather than try and describe the location as the building has a different configuration that is hard to describe.   If I were to try and describe it, it is on the north side of the building, facing Milner Ave., on the northeast corner on the west “shoulder”.  See what I mean!!  Hopefully the map will help to clarify things.

Check back very soon as pictures are to follow!!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 13-Apr-13, 01:50:25 PM »

Linn and Rueben are Incubating!!  clap
April 12, 2013 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages

yahoo

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 13-Apr-13, 02:20:56 PM »

SWEET!!  cheerleader cheerleader

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 13-Apr-13, 02:44:27 PM »

thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 13-Apr-13, 10:40:39 PM »

heart wub2 heart clap 2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 17-Apr-13, 12:18:12 PM »

Tracy Simpson Reports:

With this year’s egg production underway, I promised pictures of the dynamic duo.  Here are just a few to get you started!!  Soggy Rueben Sandwich and Big Linn Extreme Yoga!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 17-Apr-13, 02:05:33 PM »

clap  Great pics Tracy!  flash

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 17-Apr-13, 05:41:52 PM »

Love the pic of Reuben with his mirror image! Thanks Tracy!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 26-May-13, 11:50:51 AM »

Holy moly, Striker has displaced Milton and is Midnight's new mate!!

The resident male in downtown Brampton with Midnight is none other than Striker, banded solid black 97 over Y with blue tape that is still visible, who hatched in 2011 at Yellow Pages to Linn and Rueben.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2013/05/sightings/brampton-nest-has-failed-and-a-new-male-discovered-its-striker/
« Last Edit: 26-May-13, 11:58:17 AM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 26-May-13, 04:37:30 PM »

Some nice photos attached to the report on Striker as well.  His mate Midnight was born in Canton, Ohio and is the daughter of Mystic and the late legendary Maverick.  Her sister Moxie is nesting at the Fort Wayne Indiana site.

« Last Edit: 26-May-13, 04:45:30 PM by carly » Logged
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 26-May-13, 05:35:53 PM »

!!! We have a hatch at the Scarborough nest site - so far at least two chicks!!
May 24, 2013 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Mark Nash Reports:

May 24th - 2013

Hatch - May 17th - 2013
Congratulations Petra, you have a hatch!!
Finally able to get back to the Scarborough nest site to check up on the love-birds and I’m delighted to report that there has been a hatch!! Arrived just a right time, in the middle of a changing of the guard and was able to take a few quick photos of the resident adult female - Linn and her new hatchlings!

Although I can confirm that there has indeed been a hatch (and we can see at least two young hatchlings - aged at approx. a week old as of this date when the photos were taken), we can only see two hatchlings of them so far. As you can see in the photo where Linn is brooding her offspring, she has tucked them underneath a six plus inch overhang on the nest ledge that makes it virtually impossible to underneath it, regardless of the angle.

We know that there were four eggs, although none are visible during this visit. At this point, we can only guess just how many hatchlings there are until they get a little bigger or more mobile.. They we’re all huddled together in very tight condensed pile, all tucked inn under the overhang as you can see by the photos.

So at this point given the size of the hatchlings, they are looking to be about 8 days old as of Saturday May 25th, making a hatch date of May 17th - 2013

Enjoy,,,, more to come…….
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 26-May-13, 05:43:59 PM »

Thanks for bringing the day's news over carly. Totally on hatch watch here LOL!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 26-May-13, 05:52:48 PM »

Thanks for bringing the day's news over carly. Totally on hatch watch here LOL!

thumbsup
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 26-May-13, 11:18:20 PM »

Awesome news about Linn & Reuben's confirmed hatches!   clap

Plus more good news about their son Striker!  Woohoo!   yahoo

Thanks for sharing this news with us Carly!   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 14-Jun-13, 02:02:06 PM »

!!! Yellow Pages Banding - June 12th-2013 - Success! 2 very healthy hatchlings
June 12, 2013 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Marion Nash Reports:
Yellow Pages Banding - June 12th-2013

2 more healthy chicks for the Scarborough Yellow Pages Nest site!

Late this morning, 2 healthy Peregrine chicks were successfully banded by Mark Heaton of the Ministry of Natural Resources with th help of CPF volunteers, and returned back to the nest ledge to their parents.

One of CPFs long time volunteers and supporters, John Miller our Rock Climber who extracted the chicks from the nest high atop the Yellow Pages building with the help of Mark Nash who watched his back while he went over the edge and extracted the two young peregrine hatchlings for banding.

While in the lobby many people anxiously awaited the new additions to the family Linn the long standing resident adult female was busy giving John the business and her opinion of the hole matter.

When the chicks where brought down to the banding table, Dave Currie assisted Marion Nash at the banding table to record the banding data and Mark Heaton and his crew banded the chicks.

The chicks, 1 male and 1 female were weighed, sexed, and banded without much fuss from them at all because they had full crops and like a human baby that had just been fed were a little sleepy and content to accept the new bands and have their pictures taken for the family album.

The two young peregrine hatchlings were although full of energy and very feisty by the end of the banding process and clearly had their mothers attitude. Very healthy indeed!

The resident adult male father - “Ruben” was also on hand assisting his mate with her efforts to dispatch the human extraction crew on the upper roof walkway.

The young female hatchling weighed in at a whopping 1010 grams one of the heaviest this year and was named Neira. Her young brother weighing in at 690 grams was named Loki.

A huge thank you to Petra and Yellow Pages for all of their support and assistance and to the Aurora district of the Ontario Ministry of Natural resources and Mark Heaton and his crew for banding support.

What a great team!!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: