THE FORUM

25-Apr-24, 12:03:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty and Unity Throwdown at Kodak Tower?  (Read 17736 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 18-May-11, 12:00:23 PM »

Our friends at Kodak sent over a couple of pictures taken yesterday afternoon near 1PM local time, on the 18th floor balcony of the Kodak Tower.  The pictures show two adult Peregines, both about the same size, having a pretty intense-looking fight:

If you look closely at these images (click them to view larger versions)...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1498

This is an automated post.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18-May-11, 12:05:05 PM »

Our friends at Kodak sent over a couple of pictures taken yesterday afternoon near 1PM local time, on the 18th floor balcony of the Kodak Tower.  The pictures show two adult Peregines, both about the same size, having a pretty intense-looking fight:

Link:
Yikes!  At least everyone is OK...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-May-11, 12:15:01 PM »

Link:
Yikes!  At least everyone is OK...

scared blue    Shocked

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-May-11, 12:21:11 PM »

WOW I guess I better check around Kodak Office more often. I assumed Beauty and Unity would stay near their nests during this time. This is one problem we don't need to be happening right now. There's enough drama already. We watchers are ready to spring into action if need be.  pray

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-May-11, 12:22:38 PM »

Good grief, glad they have both been seen.  Maybe they don't like sharing Archer and both feel threatened by the situation.  Not all falcons may accept this type of situation I guess - not for human type reasons but reasons of caring for offspring and territory.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-May-11, 12:33:43 PM »

WOW I guess I better check around Kodak Office more often. I assumed Beauty and Unity would stay near their nests during this time. This is one problem we don't need to be happening right now. There's enough drama already. We watchers are ready to spring into action if need be.  pray

Good grief, glad they have both been seen.  Maybe they don't like sharing Archer and both feel threatened by the situation.  Not all falcons may accept this type of situation I guess - not for human type reasons but reasons of caring for offspring and territory.

I'd think Kodak Tower would be part of Beauty's half of the territory, so she was defending her nest.  Unity needs to stay in her half...maybe she didn't realize where the line is.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-May-11, 12:40:14 PM »

I'd think Kodak Tower would be part of Beauty's half of the territory, so she was defending her nest.  Unity needs to stay in her half...maybe she didn't realize where the line is.

Let's just hope Unity stays near her nest and doesn't come looking for Archer and Beauty does the same.

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 18-May-11, 12:55:27 PM »

My thoughts exactly.  I'd guess that Unity was ranging a little too far south and that her aunt decided to teach her where the line is.  Good news is that both falcons appear to have emerged unscathed from their little Donnybrook.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
loheron
Fledgling

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-May-11, 12:58:35 PM »

Those pictures are scary. Larry O

Let's just hope Unity stays near her nest and doesn't come looking for Archer and Beauty does the same.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-May-11, 01:04:47 PM »

Oh my, those pics probably look more brutal than they are. Seems Unity is not in full incubation yet. I guess it was inevitable this was going to happen sooner or later. 2 BIG girls at it, guess they are no match for each other. Could have been just a warning brawl, as we all know Falcons mean to hurt if they really wanted to. Glad both are OK.

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-May-11, 02:12:19 PM »

Darn.  I see the reddish band.  So glad the Kodak folks saw this and let us know.  Unity needs to stay at Kodak and hopefully will be busy with her own eggs.  Ok, I know it is nature but that darn Archer has been at the root of territorial squabbles, now, with two females. At least Unity is ok; we know from Mariah, that Beauty can do a lot of damage

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-May-11, 02:19:58 PM »

Darn.  I see the reddish band.  So glad the Kodak folks saw this and let us know.  Unity needs to stay at Kodak and hopefully will be busy with her own eggs.  Ok, I know it is nature but that darn Archer has been at the root of territorial squabbles, now, with two females. At least Unity is ok; we know from Mariah, that Beauty can do a lot of damage

scared blue
The bands are pretty clear from the pictures.  Scary pictures, but I agree that if either one wanted to inflict lethal damage, she  could and would.  I hope the eggs hatch for Beauty and Unity starts hard incubation soon.    We really don't have  any idea of when Unity's first egg arrived?   Did n't some report from a Kodak Park worker say that there might be two?    If she is out and about, then a third egg is possible?
It would be tragic if something happened to either one. 
I agree, "that darn Archer".     
I thought Beauty's eggs would start to hatch by today.   Let's hope!   pray
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-May-11, 02:35:18 PM »

I just looked at the main cam archive from yesterday and it looks like B left the NB shortly after 12:30 but didn't return until 4:11.   Did anyone else see that too? She was gone along time.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-May-11, 02:47:48 PM »

Is that blood on Unity?

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-May-11, 03:04:57 PM »