THE FORUM

24-Oct-24, 10:20:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 193   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1158894 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 22-Jun-12, 11:47:58 AM »

Great picture, this is my first post!

Good for you, Amy!!! You will enjoy it here.

wave
Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 22-Jun-12, 12:04:43 PM »

A half eg shell! The second hatch?

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 22-Jun-12, 01:04:31 PM »

Second hatch!I tought I saw the egg cracking.Or was that just a piece of eggshell from yesterday?
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 22-Jun-12, 01:13:17 PM »

Second hatch!I tought I saw the egg cracking.Or was that just a piece of eggshell from yesterday?

I think that's an old piece of eggshell.

Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 22-Jun-12, 01:42:55 PM »

Dot.ca left eyas and nestbox.
« Last Edit: 23-Jun-12, 02:30:20 AM by Annette » Logged

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: 22-Jun-12, 04:58:47 PM »

Dor.ca left eyas and nestbox.

That is a truly awesome picture of Dot.ca.  Thanks for posting it Annette!   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 22-Jun-12, 08:42:14 PM »

Don't know if I'm doing this right...if not....someone fix it Shocked
(movie)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 22-Jun-12, 08:47:04 PM »

(movie)
Perfect! More food on baby than in it seems!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 22-Jun-12, 08:51:26 PM »

(movie)

clap
This one is for you ginha!  You posted it fine!  More than I can accomplish right now!   Love to see DC feeding the babe.  What a mess!  I don't think I've seen a messier feeding. Maybe only when I was trying to handfeed my Winnie bird (six week old sun conure). I got as much on me as I got on her.  But good for DC!  He is learning...like they all do after a while!  
 clap So this one is for DC!  You are getting it.  And maybe Ei is right.  Maybe B left so that DC could see the little open mouth...I saw that earlier!  They were beak to beak but earlier DC did not have any food!   Just like maybe Beauty...wise woman...left DC on the egg before this little babe hatched!  
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 22-Jun-12, 09:37:21 PM »

OK-quick recap so we're all clear...

Beauty leaves (after pretty much 72 hours straight in the nestbox) & Dot arrives

A little deer-in-the-headlights, but not panicking

Nice brooding stance-looks like he's getting the hang of it

Beauty's been on break 1 1/2 hours-Dot's settling in-panic is brewing among cam watchers

Dot decides baby needs food-went & got a cache & digs in

OK-a little sloppy-but not bad for the first time

Baby in a food coma-Dot takes out the trash

Dot's back & tucks everyone in-panic is escalating among cam watchers

Dot leaves & comes right back-cam watchers in crisis mode

Cheering on the interwebs!

Confusion in some corners...Dot left-flew with Beauty-then went back to the nest box while Beauty went to Mercury. Beauty must have gone to get a cache to feed baby because she was right back & switched with Dot.

What do you mean you're not hungry? I haven't fed you since this morning!

All tucked in for the night. The end.

« Last Edit: 22-Jun-12, 09:52:11 PM by Dumpsterkitty » Logged

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 22-Jun-12, 09:52:21 PM »

A hatching question - Froona says that all eggs should be hatched within 24-48 hrs of each other so there is no gap between chicks. If 2 days go by between chicks, it's difficult for the newest one to catch up and can be intimidated by the first-born who is now more advanced. With almost 3 days going by with no sign of hatching of the other egg plus we're seeing decreased brooding time due to activity of the hatchling and constant brooding temps are not being maintained, what's the chances of any further hatches?  Just throwing it out to the experts.

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 22-Jun-12, 10:00:24 PM »

OK-quick recap so we're all clear...

Beauty leaves (after pretty much 72 hours straight in the nestbox) & Dot arrives

A little deer-in-the-headlights, but not panicking

Nice brooding stance-looks like he's getting the hang of it

Beauty's been on break 1 1/2 hours-Dot's settling in-panic is brewing among cam watchers

Dot decides baby needs food-went & got a cache & digs in

OK-a little sloppy-but not bad for the first time

Baby in a food coma-Dot takes out the trash

Dot's back & tucks everyone in-panic is escalating among cam watchers

Dot leaves & comes right back-cam watchers in crisis mode

Cheering on the interwebs!

Confusion in some corners...Dot left-flew with Beauty-then went back to the nest box while Beauty went to Mercury. Beauty must have gone to get a cache to feed baby because she was right back & switched with Dot.

What do you mean you're not hungry? I haven't fed you since this morning!

All tucked in for the night. The end.

A+ for summary, Ei!   I have to admit, it did catch my attention that B was not back in NB by the time I tuned back in when I got home tonight!   But she is a VERY WISE  PEFA!   If Beauty was not who she is, she would not have survived and thrived to this point!  
 heart
« Last Edit: 22-Jun-12, 11:14:07 PM by Shaky » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 22-Jun-12, 10:03:54 PM »

A hatching question - Froona says that all eggs should be hatched within 24-48 hrs of each other so there is no gap between chicks. If 2 days go by between chicks, it's difficult for the newest one to catch up and can be intimidated by the first-born who is now more advanced. With almost 3 days going by with no sign of hatching of the other egg plus we're seeing decreased brooding time due to activity of the hatchling and constant brooding temps are not being maintained, what's the chances of any further hatches?  Just throwing it out to the experts.

I don't know and that's the truth. I suspect that junior started developing earlier than the hard incubation date. Possibly the hot weather? But based on hard incubation date hatch should have been 06/23, so something got off in the timing for our current baby. The other egg isn't technically due to hatch until tomorrow so I'm not giving up on it until Sunday or Monday.  

Will a late hatch be at something of a disadvantage? Yes. But there have been long gaps from first to last hatch in a 4 or 5 egg clutch (with less frequent brooding of remaining eggs) with successful results. PeFas aren't generally as aggressive with each other as much as other raptors-eagles & osprey come to mind for beating up on younger siblings.

And if all we have is one I'm good with that.

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: 22-Jun-12, 10:28:16 PM »

Rochester falcons are rewriting the falcon book.  And what if Unity's egg hatches?  That would be the eighth wonder of the world.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 22-Jun-12, 10:32:10 PM »

I don't know and that's the truth. I suspect that junior started developing earlier than the hard incubation date. Possibly the hot weather? But based on hard incubation date hatch should have been 06/23, so something got off in the timing for our current baby. The other egg isn't technically due to hatch until tomorrow so I'm not giving up on it until Sunday or Monday.  

Will a late hatch be at something of a disadvantage? Yes. But there have been long gaps from first to last hatch in a 4 or 5 egg clutch (with less frequent brooding of remaining eggs) with successful results. PeFas aren't generally as aggressive with each other as much as other raptors-eagles & osprey come to mind for beating up on younger siblings.

And if all we have is one I'm good with that.

I thought that earlier too, Ei!   If all we have is one here this year, that's ok.   Quest and Kendal did well with little Harlie last year, so maybe this first time pairing will do well with one.  It's been such a rough year for Beauty.  She is a strong pefa. 
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 193   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: