THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 11:42:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Callidora (2010) Found With an Injured Wing in Pennsylvania - 1/20/12  (Read 40727 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 22-Jan-12, 08:19:02 PM »

It's with sad news that I have to report this. I received a call from Beth at Wildlife Works in Pa. Callidora had to be Euthanized last evening with a severely injured wing. There was nothing anyone could do. There will be full details on Imprints soon.

This was the saddest news. Rest in Peace little girl. God Bless the ones who rescued her.

Sad Thank you Donna for finding the rehabber and getting this most important information out to all of us!  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 22-Jan-12, 08:31:21 PM »

It's with sad news that I have to report this. I received a call from Beth at Wildlife Works in Pa. Callidora had to be Euthanized last evening with a severely injured wing. There was nothing anyone could do. There will be full details on Imprints soon.

This was the saddest news. Rest in Peace little girl. God Bless the ones who rescued her.

Sad Thank you Donna for finding the rehabber and getting this most important information out to all of us!  heart

Yes, I also thank Donna for doing all she did to get the information about Callidora.

Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 23-Jan-12, 07:40:23 PM »

Rochester Falconcam team members have spoken to Beth Shoaf & Lisa Vezzani, volunteers at Wildlife Works in Youngwood, PA.  With their help, we were able to find out more about what happened to Callidora on Friday, January 20, 2012.
According to Beth & Lisa, Callidora was found inside the ArcelorMittal Steel Mill in Monessen, PA...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1592

This is an automated post.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 23-Jan-12, 07:49:46 PM »

Here's a pic of the Steel Mill

another

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 23-Jan-12, 07:59:55 PM »

Thanks for finding out more.  Wildlife Works looks like a good place...she came into the world knowing caring hands and left the same way...  crying

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
sue raz
Pipping

Like Count: 8

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23-Jan-12, 08:08:43 PM »

:(I'm so sorry to hear the news.  She was such a cute, funny little girl.  I remember her running around on the ledge before she fledged.  She took her time to fledge and did so well.  How sad this news is. Sad
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 23-Jan-12, 08:23:06 PM »

Thanks for finding out more.  Wildlife Works looks like a good place...she came into the world knowing caring hands and left the same way...  crying

Beautifully said, Ei
 Cry

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
bess440
Eyas

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 25-Jan-12, 08:49:41 AM »

Poor Calli...  crying

Sue (Bess)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up