THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 09:07:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornell Hawk Cam  (Read 22569 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 06-Jun-12, 07:09:41 PM »

http://youtu.be/B5nICcu-x5o 1st fledge

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-Jun-12, 07:18:37 PM »

Plunge is right!  Had no clue what was going to happen when he stepped off  hysterical

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-Mar-13, 03:43:27 PM »

Second egg for Big Red

Big Red Lays Her Second Egg 3-17-2013
Penelope99
Juvie

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-Mar-13, 03:56:17 PM »

And 3 now...
« Last Edit: 21-Mar-13, 04:05:16 PM by Penelope99 » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-Mar-13, 08:25:56 PM »

And 3 now...

clap

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-Apr-13, 10:06:06 AM »

We're excited to share the news with you that the first egg in the CornellHawks nest has begun pipping! Earlier today a small hole was seen forming and there is a high likelihood of seeing a new downy nestling enter the world over the next 24 hours. "Pipping" refers to the process of the chick initially breaking through the shell, using a hard projection on its bill called the egg tooth. The resulting hole is the "pip" that the chick then enlarges to finish hatching. The hatch follows 38 days of stalwart incubation by Big Red and Ezra in often windy and rainy conditions (check out some highlights on YouTube). 

Big Red & Ezra  cam

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-Apr-13, 10:39:01 AM »

Yay!  Keep pipping, little one!   thumbsup

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-Apr-13, 10:48:30 AM »

clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-Apr-13, 11:29:00 AM »

thumbsup clap YES!!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-Aug-13, 04:37:04 PM »

Saw on FB: Sad

Bird Cams
There is sad news to share today. Though we aren’t sure that they are “ours,” two juvenile hawks were found on campus this morning. One had died, possibly overnight in the terrible thunder storms that we had, and the other has a badly injured foot and extensive abrasions to both legs. We are currently awaiting autopsy results for what may have killed the one hawk. The injured juvenile is currently being treated for his injuries. It is unclear how he was injured, though it may have been caused by a prey animal fighting back. He is currently resting quietly and on a regimen of pain medication and antibiotics. We are in touch with the veterinary staff treating the bird and will give an update as soon as we know more.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-Aug-13, 04:42:04 PM »

Oh, how very sad! There sure have been some cruel thunderstorms this season.    Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-Aug-13, 05:22:32 PM »

Heavy sigh...    Sad

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-Aug-13, 07:58:02 PM »

And the hits keep coming!  Sad 

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-Aug-13, 12:14:46 PM »

Juvenile Hawks Update:
The injured juvenile hawk remains in serious condition from injuries sustained last week (described below). We wanted to assure you that it is receiving the best care possible, and we'll share more information when there's more to share.

We are also awaiting
results of diagnostic tests on the young hawk found dead on Friday, and will share more information as it becomes available, hopefully later today.

Lastly, one juvenile Red-tailed Hawk (identified by hawkwatchers as "D2") is still being seen around campus, as are Big Red and Ezra.

We ask for patience as it takes time to learn more. The passionate, skilled vet school staff has its hands full caring for animals (including this juvenile hawk), so please let them focus their energies on healing and direct any questions about the hawks to us at <birdcams@cornell.edu>. They are in communication with us about each of the cases, and we'll update the cams community as we receive more information.

Thanks for your support of the hawks—each day they remind me, even with a heavy heart, to keep looking up!
« Last Edit: 13-Aug-13, 06:43:08 PM by Kris G. » Logged

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12-Aug-13, 06:19:56 PM »

New update:

Juvenile Hawks Update, Part 3:

Our colleagues at the Janet L. Swanson Wildlife Health Center have updated us that unfortunately the condition of the injured hawk in their care continues to be very serious. Today the veterinarians will examine the tissues in the bird's legs, which have severe abrasions, to determine the extent of damage and whether tissues are still viable. We are grateful that this young hawk is in the care of one of the top veterinary facilities in the country and we want to express our heartfelt thanks to the dedicated and expert staff there for doing everything they can to help this bird. We're thinking positive thoughts for recovery even as we acknowledge a
realistic possibility that the hawk may not survive or may have injuries too severe to lead a quality life, either in the wild or in captivity. If you'd like to send an encouraging word to the staff at the Janet L. Swanson Wildlife Health Center, please see the address in the previous post. They also welcome donations, which enable them to help this hawk and many other animals in need.

We also wanted to update you that we've been told it will be at least another week before the diagnostic lab has completed the test results to determine a cause of death for the other hawk. Thanks for your patience as they complete their work.

We will share updates with you as they become available. Thanks so much for the positive words you have shared with us and our patient's caregivers in the past few days.

Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: