THE FORUM

23-Oct-24, 12:27:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A visit with the Rochester gang...  (Read 6679 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« on: 10-Jun-12, 03:25:47 PM »

...both feathered and not...in Rochester and in Canada!

I can't report the details of the weekend any better than MAK did in her watch reports here and here, so I won't even try. And her camera zooms better than mine, so I'll leave most of the close-ups to her as well!

I posted these videos earlier, but I'll link to them here too so it's all together...
Since Kodak Gallery is closing soon I figured I might as well try getting accustomed to Shutterfly...at least until I find one that does slideshows as well as KGallery always has. So...you'll need to click here & there to find the slideshow version...my pictures from the trip are here

The trip was too short and a bit of a whirlwind, but I saw just about everything & everyone I set out to see!  Rhea Mae and Tiago...Linn and Rueben...Quest and Kendal...and all their babies this year!  And Beauty & Dot.ca & Pigott. 

Thanks again to MAK for putting me up...Joyce for schlepping us up to Canada & back...and everyone who came out Thursday night and Saturday to visit & watch with me...I had so much fun! 

If you've never been to a banding, you really must find a way to do it...those babies are WAY cuter in person than I ever could have imagined!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-Jun-12, 03:44:10 PM »

It was great seeing you again Ei!  Until next time.   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-Jun-12, 05:58:43 PM »

I'm glad you got to see as much as you did,pretty good for the short time you were here. It was my pleasure to have you stay at the house with me. I'm always up for the company of good friends. Can't wait for the next visit!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 05-Aug-12, 09:41:53 AM »

Seems appropriate to post this here, even though Ei started it.  Thank you for the great Rochester welcome and hospitality.  MAK gets a BIG APPRECIATION PAT for hosting the girls.  Now my visit to Falcon Mecca is complete and I am sitting at a rest stop in the rain that will be in Rochester soon.

Pictures are coming.  A few Rochester folks got a mini preview.  Hope to get them up this afternoon here.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-Aug-12, 12:34:40 PM »

Ei, did you see the banding of Orion? Not sure what you meant... tho I am probably reading this incorrectly...
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-Aug-12, 03:30:50 PM »

It was so nice to see you again Ei & I had a great time meeting falcon watchers both old & new. Thanks to MAK for the Harlequin bracelet, Thanks to Donna for the photo of Orion & thanks to everyone who worked to put the weekend together. I loved watching Orion fly & I was so happy I spotted Dot.  clap thumbsup

I would  heart to see a banding some day  2thumbsup

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-Aug-12, 03:43:43 PM »

Ei, did you see the banding of Orion? Not sure what you meant... tho I am probably reading this incorrectly...

I believe that Carol P. was the only watcher to see Orion's banding.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-Aug-12, 06:04:24 PM »

I believe that Carol P. was the only watcher to see Orion's banding.

I started this topic in June when I went up to see Linn & Rueben's babies banded!

Just getting home-need to NOT sit for a few...be back...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-Aug-12, 07:30:34 PM »

You all are having so much fun!
            flash sunshine flash
                           Lola

Lola
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-Aug-12, 11:19:55 PM »

Fun is exactly what we are having Lola. I found out today, that some of the watcher's just adore "Puddles"! You know who you are!  hysterical 

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-Aug-12, 01:01:24 AM »

Fun is exactly what we are having Lola. I found out today, that some of the watcher's just adore "Puddles"! You know who you are!  hysterical 

secret2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: