THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:55:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamante - Central Terminal in Buffalo  (Read 163352 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 04-Dec-12, 08:11:43 PM »

Love the pic of Diamante and Gleig, Sage! Thank you!
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04-Dec-12, 11:12:45 PM »

Thank you Sage for posting this wonderful picture of Diamante & Gleig!

I hope you feel better soon.   wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
~Sage~
Juvie

Like Count: 38

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 05-Dec-12, 09:31:33 AM »

Thanks, Carol!  I'm fine now, at least in my estimation!  Wink

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 14-Dec-12, 11:52:35 PM »

Just for fun, here's my Fledge Watch Report from June 20, 2008, the day Diamante fledged.   happy

Carol P. - Diamante Has Fledged! - June 20, 2008 - 4-6:30 pm
Friday, June 20th, 2008

It was a very eventful 2 1/2 hours.  Lots and lots of flying by Mariah, Kaver and three young fledglings.  While Seneca still lingers in the nest box and Quest still runs around the playpen strengthening her wing muscles, Diamante gave flying a try.

All day, we wondered where Diamante was.  We could only count four eyases on the tower.  Did he fledge?  Was he hunkered down somewhere, snoozing?  I believe that he did fledge early that day, as reported by Dan S.  A very short flight out of the playpen and back on.

At 5:30 p.m., we finally saw all five eyases/fledglings!  Yes!  Seneca in the nest box, Quest in the playpen, Zephyr on the left side of the nest box perch, Susan B on the southwest corner of the 19th floor and (drumroll please!), Diamante was located on the southside 20th floor of the Kodak Tower.  I was so happy to see all five young Falcons.

During my Watch, Susan B finally made it out to the High Falls Stack.  Zephyr followed her and they remained there for quite awhile.

It was a gorgeous evening for once, and I was joined by many Watchers, too numerous to name (because I know I’ll forget someone!).  ;-)
Tomorrow should be an interesting day.  I’ll bet Quest is ready to be free of her playpen.  She’s ready to fledge and I’m sure Seneca won’t be far behind.

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15-Dec-12, 12:36:04 AM »

Just for fun, here's my Fledge Watch Report from June 20, 2008, the day Diamante fledged.   happy

Friday, June 20th, 2008

It was a very eventful 2 1/2 hours.  Lots and lots of flying by Mariah, Kaver and three young fledglings.  While Seneca still lingers in the nest box and Quest still runs around the playpen strengthening her wing muscles, Diamante gave flying a try.

All day, we wondered where Diamante was.  We could only count four eyases on the tower.  Did he fledge?  Was he hunkered down somewhere, snoozing?  I believe that he did fledge early that day, as reported by Dan S.  A very short flight out of the playpen and back on.

At 5:30 p.m., we finally saw all five eyases/fledglings!  Yes!  Seneca in the nest box, Quest in the playpen, Zephyr on the left side of the nest box perch, Susan B on the southwest corner of the 19th floor and (drumroll please!), Diamante was located on the southside 20th floor of the Kodak Tower.  I was so happy to see all five young Falcons.

During my Watch, Susan B finally made it out to the High Falls Stack.  Zephyr followed her and they remained there for quite awhile.

It was a gorgeous evening for once, and I was joined by many Watchers, too numerous to name (because I know I’ll forget someone!).  ;-)
Tomorrow should be an interesting day.  I’ll bet Quest is ready to be free of her playpen.  She’s ready to fledge and I’m sure Seneca won’t be far behind.

Carol P.

Thanks for re-posting. I remember it so well! 
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15-Dec-12, 10:26:30 AM »

Friday, June 20th, 2008

Carol P.

Thanks for re-posting. I remember it so well! 
Thanks for re-posting those five are my favs  wub2 . I hope we see them all again.
~Sage~
Juvie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 17-Dec-12, 04:56:24 PM »

Thanks, Carol!   heart

~Sage~
Juvie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 18-Dec-12, 08:08:08 PM »

Diamante was a regular gymnast today preening himself, looking like a pretzel at times.  Gleig perched at the nextbox was very alert and watching us watching her. 

Gleig

Diamante

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18-Dec-12, 08:17:05 PM »

Thanks Sage, great to see them!    clap

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18-Dec-12, 08:40:48 PM »

Diamante was a regular gymnast today preening himself, looking like a pretzel at times.  Gleig perched at the nextbox was very alert and watching us watching her. 

Gleig

Diamante

Thank you for sharing, Sage.  This group of babies of 2008 are special to me, and I look forward to following more about Diamante and a new bunch of babies in 2013!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 18-Dec-12, 09:54:17 PM »

Thank you so much Sage!  santawave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
~Sage~
Juvie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 23-Dec-12, 06:26:42 PM »

All is calm at Central Terminal, with Gleig on her nestbox perch and Diamante on lookout from above~

Diamante all fluffed up by the fierce and freezing winds tearing down the corridor

~Sage~
Juvie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 23-Dec-12, 06:29:44 PM »

ps  Our familiar Pefamobile is history!  We're getting a new something or other...  Could be Sage-green!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23-Dec-12, 06:51:13 PM »

All is calm at Central Terminal, with Gleig on her nestbox perch and Diamante on lookout from above~

Diamante all fluffed up by the fierce and freezing winds tearing down the corridor

Great pics-good to see them both! Sorry about your Pefamobile but a Sage-green replacement sounds nice!  christhumbs

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23-Dec-12, 09:07:16 PM »

ps  Our familiar Pefamobile is history!  We're getting a new something or other...  Could be Sage-green!

Sounds good Sage!  christhumbs

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: