THE FORUM

16-Apr-24, 05:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mariah at Kodak Park and Archer & Beauty at Times Square  (Read 51607 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 31-Jul-09, 08:30:40 PM »

Now that Archer and Beauty have claimed most of Mariah's old Territory, it was wonderful to find Mariah on one of the Kodak Park Buildings.  Kodak Park is about 4 miles north of Kodak Office.  The Rochester Watchers will be keeping a close eye on both locations and will report what we see.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 01-Aug-09, 08:54:11 AM »

It'll be interesting to see if this is a new "permanent" location for Mariah or just a perch of convenience.  Are there any plans to establish Falcon Watch North?

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 01-Aug-09, 10:47:34 AM »

Congrats on your first post, Lord G! Have some Karma. Have double Karma for being the first person to post wirelessly! (notice the cell phone icon next to his post)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-Aug-09, 11:25:24 AM »

Congrats on your first post, Lord G! Have some Karma. Have double Karma for being the first person to post wirelessly! (notice the cell phone icon next to his post)

OK...I'll bite...what's the Karma deal?

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-Aug-09, 12:17:23 PM »

Hi Ei!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your first posts!   clap

OK...I'll bite...what's the Karma deal?

Check out the FAQs, you'll find all the answers to the Karma/Stars/Egg questions there...oh, and I've just given you a Karma point for your first posts!

Judi

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-Aug-09, 12:33:48 PM »

Thanks Judi!   handshake I found the falcons & eggs...I'm guessing the karma's are the applause & boos?

Anyway...still playing...I'll take the rest of my test posts over to the OT section  wave

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 01-Aug-09, 01:03:19 PM »

Thanks Judi!   handshake I found the falcons & eggs...I'm guessing the karma's are the applause & boos?

Yep. If you like what someone posts, applaud them to build up their Karma points.
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-Aug-09, 09:23:32 PM »

I think our Mariah, in addition to being the most beautiful and smartest falcon, can read.  I think thse read the Kodak sign at Kodak Park and said, "I'm still home!" devil

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01-Aug-09, 09:55:24 PM »

I'm glad that Mariah and Beauty now have some distance between one another.

Paul
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01-Aug-09, 10:08:42 PM »

I meant to post this earlier...

My Rochester falcon landmarks map

I moved the marker to what I think is the building Mariah was seen on.  You can see how close the river is...looks very falcon friendly!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 01-Aug-09, 10:12:55 PM »

The marker should be moved to the taller building closer to Lake Ave. (Look at the length of the shadows.)
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 01-Aug-09, 11:12:38 PM »

I meant to post this earlier...

My Rochester falcon landmarks map

I moved the marker to what I think is the building Mariah was seen on.  You can see how close the river is...looks very falcon friendly!

Cool, first thumbnail!  Just a little south of the Research labs the river gorge is just about as deep as it is by the High Falls.  There's a pedestrian bridge over the river that links up with the Seneca Park Zoo and a nice walking trail.  There's plenty of places for falcon & fledge watchers too (if I can engage in a bit of hopeful thinking for next year).

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-Aug-09, 07:08:07 AM »

The Rochester Watchers have been spending time watching the Kodak Park Buildings.  I was there for a couple of hours yesterday morning.  I didn't see Mariah, but I did see the two resident Red-tail Hawks that spent quite a bit of time perched on various buildings in the KP complex. 

Also, Kathy O and I walked out onto the pedestrian bridge that Jim wrote about.  It gave us a wonderful view of the river below and the building that Mariah was seen on.  It's a gorgeous area filled with life.  We'll definitely be keeping an eye on both Archer & Beauty and Mariah.   yes

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-Aug-09, 09:28:36 AM »

The marker should be moved to the taller building closer to Lake Ave. (Look at the length of the shadows.)

Done...thanks!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-Aug-09, 09:36:02 AM »

It would be wonderful to have the dilemma of which scrape to watch.  It does look like a nice area...here's hoping I have a reason to visit it next year!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: