THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 05:17:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 215   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1204605 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 17-Mar-13, 08:13:04 PM »

After the way they behaved last year, I often wonder how they would greet each other in 2013.

You're right Carly it is difficult to see. I'm only using my cell phone cuz I don't have access to a computer right now. There are other slight differences that may be due to the posture as well - the chest does not have that pure white look of DC, and the markings with the auricular patch don't look identical.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not convinced yet. Y may be a common bottom letter just like V was used in Rochester & Syracuse for a couple years. I think it may be a Canadian bird probably banded same year or similar location, unless DC was the only male with the letter Y.
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 17-Mar-13, 08:16:29 PM »

I know this probably isn't funny...but at first glance when I saw that shot of Beauty and her stance and face...my first thought was she was looking like 'oh crap he's back'.   whistle

Busted for having a little dalliance while waiting for the Main Man?
Carol
WV
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 17-Mar-13, 08:19:03 PM »

I know this probably isn't funny...but at first glance when I saw that shot of Beauty and her stance and face...my first thought was she was looking like 'oh crap he's back'.   whistle

Just trying to find something to smile about; hopefully tomorrow will see all Rochester falcons safe and sound. 

Thanks to MAK and Carol for going back out there!  You guys rock!

hysterical

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 17-Mar-13, 08:20:10 PM »

I know this probably isn't funny...but at first glance when I saw that shot of Beauty and her stance and face...my first thought was she was looking like 'oh crap he's back'.   whistle

Busted for having a little dalliance while waiting for the Main Man?
Carol
WV

laugh laugh thumbsup

Ps:  Joyce, you are correct.  'Y' is used most often up here to denote males and 'X' is for females - the past few years anyway.  I know in the last 2 years they've started using other letters because they were running out of number/letter combinations.  I know at Jack's other site they used 'w' the one year for the boys. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 17-Mar-13, 08:22:45 PM »

Well gee, my first thought upon seeing that Y was DC! Thanks carly, didn't know the Y was common. Guess we'll know more tomorrow. You know I'll be up bright N early!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 17-Mar-13, 08:27:10 PM »

After the way they behaved last year, I often wonder how they would greet each other in 2013.

I think it may be a Canadian bird probably banded same year or similar location, unless DC was the only male with the letter Y.

LOTS of */Y...Kendal and I would guess all his same year brothers...all of Rhea Mae's boys 2009 & 2010...Linn's 2011 boys...and those are just the ones I have on the family tree...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 17-Mar-13, 08:51:28 PM »

I think it may be a Canadian bird probably banded same year or similar location, unless DC was the only male with the letter Y.

LOTS of */Y...Kendal and I would guess all his same year brothers...all of Rhea Mae's boys 2009 & 2010...Linn's 2011 boys...and those are just the ones I have on the family tree...

Phooey...I wish we had the rest of the band ID. It may be one of the eyases that some of the Rochester watchers got to see at banding time.
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 17-Mar-13, 10:06:56 PM »

So I'm out to dinner for my Corned beef & cabbage & my phone starts blowing up w/ MAK's tweets. And I'm yelling somethings happening downtown, something big is  happening & people start looking at me and then I'm going we have another falcon & oh my goodness I think it's Dot ! & Oh well I think they thought perhaps I'd overindulged a wee bit  rofl

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 17-Mar-13, 11:45:56 PM »

Stranger on the left, DC on right! What thinK

dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: 18-Mar-13, 01:03:21 AM »

The cere is different and the pattern of dark and white on the lower side of the head, as you go up towards the eye - that doesn't look the same, ***BUT*** the angle of the photos, although very similar (good job selecting photos!), is different enough to leave room for doubt!! They're feathers, after all, and a little change in angle will change the way the pattern looks. I guess someone will see the band sooner or later...
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 18-Mar-13, 07:39:02 AM »

Looks like a falcon

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 18-Mar-13, 08:01:12 AM »

Just before B and male at nest yesterday.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 18-Mar-13, 09:17:01 AM »

So I'm out to dinner for my Corned beef & cabbage & my phone starts blowing up w/ MAK's tweets. And I'm yelling somethings happening downtown, something big is  happening & people start looking at me and then I'm going we have another falcon & oh my goodness I think it's Dot ! & Oh well I think they thought perhaps I'd overindulged a wee bit  rofl
I can see it now!  stupid hysterical

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 18-Mar-13, 09:53:16 AM »

UT? Don't quite see a band.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 18-Mar-13, 10:00:44 AM »