THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:33:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 215   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1196075 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 02-Apr-13, 04:54:09 PM »

Food fight, and DC won.

The female judges how many eggs to lay by how well the male demonstrates that he can provide food for a family. If Dot.Ca keeps taking food instead of supplying it who knows if we'll have any eggs downtown.  Roll Eyes

I'm wondering the same thing but he did this stuff last year so who knows.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 02-Apr-13, 05:06:07 PM »

He took the food to BS!  The nerve!!!   nono

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 02-Apr-13, 07:11:18 PM »

Short chup-fest

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 02-Apr-13, 07:35:45 PM »

Still looking for that food! Was gone all day, did he really take her food? "Where is he?"

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 02-Apr-13, 07:53:09 PM »

Still looking for that food! Was gone all day, did he really take her food? "Where is he?"

It was hard for me to tell by the pics who brought it in but apparently he ended up with it and took it to Pigott.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 02-Apr-13, 08:04:38 PM »

It was hard for me to tell by the pics who brought it in but apparently he ended up with it and took it to Pigott.

Oh boy, not again!  Sad

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 02-Apr-13, 08:28:13 PM »

B&DC flew in simultaneously with the prey, and B either had it then or immediately after they arrived.   She had it at the nestbox for about two minutes before DC took it away.  A few minutes later he showed up with a small food package in Brighton.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 02-Apr-13, 08:49:09 PM »

Not sure if DC will be like Jack is but here is a bit a run down of what happens when egg laying starts here:

Our site - his primary site - goes first; I often wondered this past year if it would go by who his longer tenured mate was but as O'Connor is his newer mate she still has gone first this year.  Last year she did only by virtue of the fact that Angel was displaced mid egg laying so I wasn't sure.  So anyway, he spent I'd say equal time with both then as O'Connor got closer to laying eggs - he was at our site I'd say 70% of the time, feeding her and mating with her and that decreased gradually as she started laying eggs.  

Now that she's incubating, he only shows up to feed her and give her breaks by incubating.  He's now focusing more on TR Mom as she gets ready to lay her eggs.  There seems to be about 7 -10 days between first hatch at our site and the TR Site.  I'm guessing this is so he can be here more the first 10 days when it's critical for the kids to be covered and then by the time the 10 days is up - the other eggs will start hatching and he can cover TR Mom more during that time.  Whether that's on purpose or just by accident I can't say but given it's happened for the 3 years he's been running two sites - I'd say it is likely intentional if only for the fact that he can't be in two places at once and egg production takes a lot of resources and time put in.

When both are incubating the eggs, he'll go back and forth and spends a lot of time hunting and patrolling the territory.  I can't say DC will do that as he's not had the experience Jack has under his belt but worth keeping an eye out to see if it works out that way.  Be better if it does for the survival of any offspring for sure.  

As DC has been home a few weeks now and started mating with Pigott first, I'd say it's likely she will be laying eggs this week or by the weekend at least - assuming he's been keeping up with duties with her.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 03-Apr-13, 06:46:13 AM »

Morning, All! Hope MAK is back and ready to report!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 03-Apr-13, 06:51:03 AM »

Look who it is so early!! Go DC and do I see "Egg BUTT?"

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 03-Apr-13, 06:53:00 AM »

Look who it is so early!! Go DC and do I see "Egg BUTT?"

Really!? Ohhhhh!!!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 03-Apr-13, 07:34:31 AM »

'Eggcellent', maybe Beauty will go first  handshake
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 03-Apr-13, 08:07:08 AM »

Now, THAT's what we like to see!  Proper courtship and egg butt!   thumbsup

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 03-Apr-13, 08:11:11 AM »

Thanks for the information, Carly.  I wish Dot.ca and his dad could somehow get together so Jack could give him a crash course in two nest parenting.  I guess we just have to trust their instincts.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 03-Apr-13, 09:31:45 AM »

I will NOT turn around and show you my butt...and that's FINAL!  devil

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 215   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: