THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:47:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 215   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1196319 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 15-Apr-13, 08:50:37 PM »

The floofy cape makes me vote this is Beauty...

Yup

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 15-Apr-13, 09:52:46 PM »

I am confused and hardly know where to start with the questions. stupid I know they boarded up Pigott's scrape with the broken glass, but now where is the cubby you all refer to? Is it suitable for nesting? And has Beauty been copulating with both Dot.ca and the newly arrived unbanded tiercel? And did she not also copulate with the UT who was around before DC came back from migration? If Beauty lays eggs, how will anyone know who the male parent is?  Maybe this is one way of broadening the gene pool for peregrines but it might make a real mess of the family tree. Wink

Dot in PA

Pigott's cubby-I don't know the actual layout, but I recall it being described as a sheltered nook. Sounded like a reasonable scrape site, but no one has seen the actual spot. [edit-hope this doesn't break the rules-please fee free to edit if I said too much]

-It appears this UT is the same UT Beauty was with in the week before Dot returned from migration. Have they copulated? One instance that MAK saw today is all we know for sure.

-Doesn't really matter who the Daddy is in the end. As long as one or both support Beauty.

I took Cornell's Courtship & Rivalry in Birds course this winter. A young male sneaking into an established pair and adding himself into the gene pool is quite common in smaller birds. Before so many pefas were banded, who knows how often this might have happened.
hey if Dot.ca is going to have two females i think it serves him right if Beauty gets a little nookie from another guy  Wink
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 15-Apr-13, 10:18:55 PM »

I am confused and hardly know where to start with the questions. stupid I know they boarded up Pigott's scrape with the broken glass, but now where is the cubby you all refer to? Is it suitable for nesting? And has Beauty been copulating with both Dot.ca and the newly arrived unbanded tiercel? And did she not also copulate with the UT who was around before DC came back from migration? If Beauty lays eggs, how will anyone know who the male parent is?  Maybe this is one way of broadening the gene pool for peregrines but it might make a real mess of the family tree. Wink

Dot in PA

Dot - to add to what others have said.  Before UT left (after Dot.ca arrived back from migration), I witnessed them copulating on the Wilder Bldg.  I believe that he and Beauty would have become a bonded pair if Dot.ca had not returned.  No battles between him and Dot.ca were witnessed.  Looks like he didn't go too far.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 16-Apr-13, 04:19:22 AM »

I spy with my little eye...

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 16-Apr-13, 05:41:41 AM »

Good morning Beauty!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: 16-Apr-13, 05:50:37 AM »

Good morning Beauty!

New definition of "a lurker".
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 16-Apr-13, 06:15:02 AM »

UT???DC???  Hard to tell, didn't hear DC's chirp, heard squeak! Beauty's excited who ever it is!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 16-Apr-13, 06:21:37 AM »

UT???DC???  Hard to tell, didn't hear DC's chirp, heard squeak! Beauty's excited who ever it is!
maybe its just a shadow but kind of looks like a black band on that leg
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 16-Apr-13, 06:23:48 AM »

probably DC on to UT!   Cheesy

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 16-Apr-13, 07:26:04 AM »

Many thanks to all of you who helped with my questions. I didn't realize you were not allowed to talk about Pigott's site. Does that mean any eyasses there would never be reported to the forum? Or rescued if they come to the ground as fledglings in need of help? That's very sad.

Dot in PA
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 16-Apr-13, 07:30:12 AM »

Many thanks to all of you who helped with my questions. I didn't realize you were not allowed to talk about Pigott's site. Does that mean any eyasses there would never be reported to the forum? Or rescued if they come to the ground as fledglings in need of help? That's very sad.

Dot in PA

There are strange people out there that just love this kind of discussion and are willing to act on it! Better to keep them safe. Yes, it's sad but for the best.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 16-Apr-13, 07:56:40 AM »

DC still here

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 16-Apr-13, 08:00:37 AM »

DC still here

Gone??
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 16-Apr-13, 08:29:06 AM »

Dot in PA

And it doesn't exactly say never. And it's just that we can't discuss it in a public forum. Need to make believe we distant watchers don't know anything.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 16-Apr-13, 11:26:31 AM »

And this shows you how difficult a positive ID can be even WITH bands!

But the band is there...

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 215   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: