THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 01:00:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1409516 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 29-Mar-10, 07:07:59 AM »

Thanks Kris & Carly!  I don't know why I didn't remember that...I remembered all about 2-timing Windwhistler, but not that Tiago was his son...hope he doesn't take up that habit too!

Jack in Canada is a two-timer also. How do they keep up?
The same as human males they do alot of lying! laugh

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 29-Mar-10, 08:13:23 AM »

Is there a site out there where I could enter band colors and numbers to help identify falcons, or any other banded bird?  Just asking.  Thanks!!

Morning Guru,

I know there is a database of band #'s from the mid-west, not sure what the URL is.  Maybe someone could post it?  It's sometimes hard to track down a band #, since there is no universal list.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 29-Mar-10, 08:15:37 AM »

Thanks Kris & Carly!  I don't know why I didn't remember that...I remembered all about 2-timing Windwhistler, but not that Tiago was his son...hope he doesn't take up that habit too!

I doubt he'd try it with Rhea Mae.  She's got big yellow feet and she knows how to use them!   2funny

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 29-Mar-10, 08:32:48 AM »

Is there a site out there where I could enter band colors and numbers to help identify falcons, or any other banded bird?  Just asking.  Thanks!!

Morning Guru,

I know there is a database of band #'s from the mid-west, not sure what the URL is.  Maybe someone could post it?  It's sometimes hard to track down a band #, since there is no universal list.

I know I have it in my research folder at home-but it's only mid-west peregrines.  The other site is the Patuxent bird banding lab (again, link at home)...but you have to send in a band # and wait for a response.  A few other state sites list the bands used in a given year in their annual peregrine report, but it's spotty.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #124 on: 29-Mar-10, 08:53:32 AM »

I doubt he'd try it with Rhea Mae.  She's got big yellow feet and she knows how to use them!   2funny

2funny clap
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 29-Mar-10, 01:44:15 PM »

Rhea Mae ousted Wind but I thought Wind showed up at another building last year.  Does anyone remember this?

Not sure if she has been seen this year.  I hope so. 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 29-Mar-10, 02:54:21 PM »

Rhea Mae ousted Wind but I thought Wind showed up at another building last year.  Does anyone remember this?

Not sure if she has been seen this year.  I hope so.  

Wind appeared at Mt Sinai Hospital last year after a one year absence (it's not far from the Sheraton actually!) with a new mate however due to rooftop repairs they were not successful nesting.  I heard the repairs are ongoing for this year as well as the entire roof has to be replaced and given it's a Hospital, it's not something that can be postponed without jeopardizing the safety of patients and equipment inside.  

She has been sighted though, a few weeks ago Linda said two were on site and last week someone saw one on site so not sure what is happening there.  Im sure Linda will update the site once she has something to report!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 29-Mar-10, 07:29:08 PM »

Morning Guru,

I know I have it in my research folder at home-but it's only mid-west peregrines.  The other site is the Patuxent bird banding lab (again, link at home)...but you have to send in a band # and wait for a response.  A few other state sites list the bands used in a given year in their annual peregrine report, but it's spotty.

Midwest band database http://midwestperegrine.org/

Patuxent bird banding lab http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 30-Mar-10, 08:24:13 PM »

Four eggs for Rhea Mae & Tiago!

!!! 4 EGGS At The Sheraton Toronto!
March 30, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

Tiago and Rhea Mae now have 4 Eggs. The image is difficult to see for most of the day, except for those early birds that are up before the crack of dawn.  But, just by chance I clicked on the Toronto Sheraton Camera and finally , Luck, 4 eggs sitting in the tray. Now that’s enough Rhea Mae, start incubating!
Posted on March 30, 2010 7:31 pm
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre
4th Egg is in the tray

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 30-Mar-10, 09:55:43 PM »

Such a beautiful sight!!!!!  heart heart heart heart

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 30-Mar-10, 09:59:03 PM »

Were happy tonight......

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 30-Mar-10, 10:00:49 PM »

Wow!  Four eggs for Rhea Mae and Tiago.   clap

I do have to agree with Linda.  I hope that there won't be any more.  There are too few Watchers in Toronto to cover all the nest sites and the tall buildings popping up around the Sheraton are hazardous to the young fledglings.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 31-Mar-10, 04:58:27 AM »

Were happy tonight......

Walkin' in a springtime wonderland!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 31-Mar-10, 06:25:26 AM »

Were happy tonight......

Walkin' in a springtime wonderland!

thumbsup 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 04-Apr-10, 05:26:10 PM »

!!! No change
April 04, 2010 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Linda Woods Reports:

A quick visit hoping for a photo opportunity, with no luck. Both Rhea Mae and Tiago are hanging tight for incubation. I’ll have to try another day for a picture of the 4 eggs.

Both adults are in attendance.

Atta girl Rhea Mae..dedicated mom and great dad.  2thumbsup

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: